• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PS4 has now sold 6M hardware as of March 2nd, 2014!

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
7 MILLION?! That's insane! I can see this selling 95 million by the end of its lifecycle. NPD is tomorrow then, well there will be fanboys fighting heavily on IGN, GameSpot, etc.

A total Playstation console domination throughout the whole gen is good for gaming, as indicated by the PS1 and PS2. It also brings out the best from Nintendo. OoT, MM, and WW all came out when Playstation was the leader, so if this keeps up, we can all expect Zelda U to also be as great as those games.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
A total Playstation console domination throughout the whole gen is good for gaming, as indicated by the PS1 and PS2. It also brings out the best from Nintendo. OoT, MM, and WW all came out when Playstation was the leader, so if this keeps up, we can all expect Zelda U to also be as great as those games.

I didn't know that, thanks. Zelda U being OoT quality would be so awesome, competition does breed innovation.

Abstinence Pistols

I'm still in the "waiting on some good exclusives" crowd.

You and me both. Lily Bergamo looks like it could be cool, though.

Okay. Seriously, what killer app for the PS4 did I miss? This looks a bit unusual to me.

At the risk of sounding cynical I think that for the PS4 so far a lot of its success can be chalked up to "the least awful of the three" - at least, that's how a lot of people see it. Neither the PS4 nor the Xbox One have very good libraries at the moment, but the PS4 is a hundred dollars cheaper. And the Wii U isn't even a part of the picture for most people because a lot of multiplats aren't an option.

I'm sticking with my PC so I don't care that much either way to be honest.

Last edited:

Abstinence Pistols

I dunno, iNfamous Second Son isn't a system seller. But maybe cause of the XB1's DRM things, the Wii U being advertised poorly, so people only want PS4s then, but still, I expected TitanFall to sell some Xboxes though.

Hasn't Titanfall kind of bombed? I saw it got good reviews but I heard it undersold by a lot, at least on PC.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I didn't know that, thanks. Zelda U being OoT quality would be so awesome, competition does breed innovation.
The Vita's not getting AAA exclusives even though the 3DS is miles ahead :(
Seriously though, there's a good and bad to complete domination.
Good: NES, SNES, PS1, and PS2 had QUALITY AND QUANTITY. (The Wii U also had lots of quality, but there just weren't enough)
Bad: Third console curse. SNES -> N64, PS2 -> PS3. Nintendo didn't want to change formats, and Sony told everyone to go get second jobs. Microsoft hasn't "won" a generation yet, but the Xbone is their third console. Last year, NO ONE expected the PS4 would be doing so well in NA because MS always held this territory.

Okay. Seriously, what killer app for the PS4 did I miss? This looks a bit unusual to me.
•Playroom? No one bought the Eyetoy or PS Eye? But this gen, this thing is hard to find, GameStop has marked up prices, has sold close to a million, and has Teh pronz.
•Infamous Second Son. Has sold-through 1M in retail and digital in just 2 weeks
•Word of mouth (better graphics than the Xbone, is $100 cheaper. Better place for multiplats)
•Same reason there are early adopters, for the games we'll see later on in the console's life?
•Knack (heh heh I keed)

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I guess Infamous...

...is actually famous.

Was the only PS4 exclusive since Knack and Killzone Shadowfall (which I think so far is the highest selling game on both the Xbone and PS4, at over 2M) on November 15th, 2013, which means people wanted GAEMZ!!!!
...That, and inFamous 1 and 2 were really great games, and people just wanted to play the next installment. I liked both games and platinum'd I2, by haven't bought ISS yet

Also, if you're bored and want to compare with other consoles or want to look at the PS4 sold-through milestones WW (11/16 was US only, and any pre-2/22/14 is Japan-less sales, not that it matters much *no one in Japan is buying a PS4 or Wii U*), NeoGAF user SwiftDeath had this posted
http://m.neogaf.com/view.php

11/16/13 - 1M Sold
12/1/13 - 2.1M Sold
12/28/13 - 4.2M Sold
2/8/13 - 5.3M sold
3/2/13 - 6M Sold
4/6/13 - 7M Sold

Also, forgot to mention this. 20.5M Software has been sold. This includes both retail and digital. That's close to 3 games per console sold!

Last edited:

Kuvario

The Vita's not getting AAA exclusives even though the 3DS is miles ahead :(
Seriously though, there's a good and bad to complete domination.
Good: NES, SNES, PS1, and PS2 had QUALITY AND QUANTITY. (The Wii U also had lots of quality, but there just weren't enough)
Bad: Third console curse. SNES -> N64, PS2 -> PS3. Nintendo didn't want to change formats, and Sony told everyone to go get second jobs. Microsoft hasn't "won" a generation yet, but the Xbone is their third console. Last year, NO ONE expected the PS4 would be doing so well in NA because MS always held this territory

Yeah those good ones are so perfect! Third console curse? First I heard of it, but if the XBOX One flonders, then it would be in third place which is last place.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Yeah those good ones are so perfect! Third console curse? First I heard of it, but if the XBOX One flonders, then it would be in third place which is last place.

Maybe it's real, maybe it's not. It's just something fun to speculate. Some were also speculating the Xbone was going to be hit by the third console curse, and look at it now.

Anyways, I'm gonna take a guess at the NPD results tomorrow.

Xbone - 450K
PS4 - 430K
3DS - 170K
PS3 - 120K
Xbox 360 - 115K
Wii U - 105K
Vita - 27K

Kuvario

Maybe it's real, maybe it's not. It's just something fun to speculate. Some were also speculating the Xbone was going to be hit by the third console curse, and look at it now.

Anyways, I'm gonna take a guess at the NPD results tomorrow.

Xbone - 450K
PS4 - 430K
3DS - 170K
PS3 - 120K
Xbox 360 - 115K
Wii U - 105K
Vita - 27K

It is fun to speculate of course. But if these numbers are like this tomorrow then I'll be upset that the Wii U and PSVITA are floundering like Magikarps on dry land.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
WELP!!!!!!

Looks like Titanfall... Titanfell!
(I'm sorry, that was bad)

It seems the PS4 outsold the Xbox One in NA for the month of March. Even Titanfall, the game that was hyped to death, didn't help the Xbox One. It was the top selling game of the month (although it also included PC sales), with Infamous Second Son being second, but it's not the system seller and Playstation 4 killer Microsoft was hoping for. Oh well.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...art-but-ps4-leads-hardware-again-in-march-npd

Teebu

Ouch. guess Titanfall wasnt quite the system seller M$ were hoping for when they announced it last year, even with holding back the release of the xbox 360 version. They shot themselves in the foot a wee bit with it though, relying so heavily on one software to catch up with the rivals when that game is available on three different platforms.

Kuvario

WELP!!!!!!

Looks like Titanfall... Titanfell!
(I'm sorry, that was bad)

It seems the PS4 outsold the Xbox One in NA for the month of March. Even Titanfall, the game that was hyped to death, didn't help the Xbox One. It was the top selling game of the month (although it also included PC sales), with Infamous Second Son being second, but it's not the system seller and Playstation 4 killer Microsoft was hoping for. Oh well.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...art-but-ps4-leads-hardware-again-in-march-npd

That pun was funny though even if I'm not a fanboy. But I saw that chart, and it's awesome that FFX/X-2 HD made the top 10! But I think that launching Titanfall on PC and Xbox 360 was a bad idea, cause like people have more 360s than Xbones.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
That pun was funny though even if I'm not a fanboy. But I saw that chart, and it's awesome that FFX/X-2 HD made the top 10! But I think that launching Titanfall on PC and Xbox 360 was a bad idea, cause like people have more 360s than Xbones.

You know what this means? FFXII International Zodiac Job System HD!! Announce that for PS3 and Vita, and I'll happily buy both versions at $40 each, like I did FFX/X-2 HD. As long as my PS3 Slim keeps on living, I'll keep it plugged for KH2.5 HD, Tales of Zestria, and Persona 5.

Kuvario

You know what this means? FFXII International Zodiac Job System HD!! Announce that for PS3 and Vita, and I'll happily buy both versions at $40 each, like I did FFX/X-2 HD. As long as my PS3 Slim keeps on living, I'll keep it plugged for KH2.5 HD, Tales of Zestria, and Persona 5.

SE did say that there would be more remasters, so FFXII International could be out next year. Yeah, I see no point in upgrading my PS3, I mean there is so many good games I have yet to play!

Teebu

when they revealed that it was out on 360 it made no sense at all, took away the incentive to splash out £400/$500 on a console when most can wait a few more weeks and get it on 360. The decision to bundle to kinect in with the console and charging an extra 100 more is really hurting them, the majority wont pay that much when they can get a console with slightly more power for cheaper.

KaiyoOrganiz

Darkness Master
They should've made the console cheaper or had no Kinect bundled in for cheaper to get more people like what they have done now bundling that Titanfall in with it and the PS4 still outsold the Xbox One.
I think alot of people including myself switched over to PS4 from Xbox 360 after they had heard of the always online DRM and the rest of the nonsense on the Xbox One before they decided to switch back on their dumb policies.