• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PSP or 3DS?

Mister_SGG

The PSP is kind of old, but there aren't really any good games out for 3DS yet. So it depends if you want a large selection of good games or something more recent, I guess.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
Only two things prevent me from wanting a 3DS.
1. The seriously weak battery life.
2. The lack of a main Pokemon game.

To me, battery life is them most important part for me. I virtually only play my DS when I'm on the go. Only having 4-6 hours of play time, is not enough for me. Especially considering that during times when I play my DS alot, I don't need to charge it for days at a time. And I often leave it in sleep mode when playing Pokemon.

And I definitely know that once a main Pokemon game is released, I'll jump on the bandwagon. Its what I did with the DS lite. Saw that Diamond and Pearl where coming up, so I bought it.

I think the upcoming PS Vita looks better, presuming it's battery goes for at least 8 hours. As long as it has backwards compatibilty with the PSN downloadable PSP and PSOne games, I'm in.

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
Who cares about Pokemon, there's a lot of other titles that are coming out that look promising (Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart, that 3D Mario platformer, Majora's Mask (crosses fingers)). And there will eventually be a Pokemon game anyways.

sceptile33

To me, battery life is them most important part for me. I virtually only play my DS when I'm on the go. Only having 4-6 hours of play time, is not enough for me. Especially considering that during times when I play my DS alot, I don't need to charge it for days at a time. And I often leave it in sleep mode when playing Pokemon.

I may be wrong, but I remember hearing that if you have the screen light to it's darkest setting, it greatly prolongs the battery life. Works with the DS. Also, turning 3d off may help.

OnixtheBeast

PM for clone
Only two things prevent me from wanting a 3DS.
1. The seriously weak battery life.
2. The lack of a main Pokemon game.

And I definitely know that once a main Pokemon game is released, I'll jump on the bandwagon. Its what I did with the DS lite. Saw that Diamond and Pearl where coming up, so I bought it.

I think the upcoming PS Vita looks better, presuming it's battery goes for at least 8 hours. As long as it has backwards compatibilty with the PSN downloadable PSP and PSOne games, I'm in.

There is a case that you can add to the 3DS to expand the battery life to about 20 hours.

ForeverFlame

there's a lot of other titles that are coming out that look promising

And there will eventually be a Pokemon game anyways.

It's funny how people are trying to say that this is a good thing.

I also don't like how the only good games the 3DS has going for it is a Zelda remake, a Mario spin-off sequel, a Mario spin-off sequel, a Mario sequel, and a Zelda remake that wasn't announced and will probably never happen because Nintendo loves to cockblock its fans.

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
I also don't like how the only good games the 3DS has going for it is a Zelda remake, a Mario spin-off sequel, a Mario spin-off sequel, a Mario sequel, and a Zelda remake that wasn't announced and will probably never happen because Nintendo loves to cockblock its fans.
There's also going to be a Pokémon spin-off.

Doodles

Espurr will HM01 you
Well not to mention the fact that the 3DS is much newer than the PSP, but Sony has been hacked left and right by hackers these past few months, so I don't think it's a good time to buy their products.

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
Well not to mention the fact that the 3DS is much newer than the PSP, but Sony has been hacked left and right by hackers these past few months, so I don't think it's a good time to buy their products.

1. How so? Worried they might be hacked again?
2. Hacking a PSP unlocks its potential, and allows you to run tons of homebrew and apps (Windows for one!)
3. The PSP still has the larger and more diverse library right now. even if the 3DS is $170 now, you get a PSP for $70 less, and have that extra money for atleast 5 GOOD PSP games.

Chris

Old Coot
1) Purchase point cards from stores
2) Use point cards for all online purchases
3) Never deal with future possible credit card fraud attempts

I've gotten a hold of three PSP games so far, with plans of getting some PSOne games on it. It's still a far better time to get PSP games than it is to get 3DS games.

Electric

I really like how you can play PS1 games on your PSP!

Final Fantasy VII portable? Too ****ing good to be true, but it's actually true!!!!!!! You can even switch between your PSP and PS3!!!!

Chris

Old Coot
Yeah yeah, FFVII, yadda yadda yadda.

IX and Tactics are the superior PlayStation FFs to play on the PSP and PS3.