• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PSS profiles corrupted! What is this?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOriginalOne

オリジナル
Hi everyone.

So, just now I was playing Omega Ruby and doing some Wonder Trades. After a few expected disappointments, I get a Tyrunt and call it a day. Note in advance: I then checked its summary, and it doesn't seem hacked. So just referring this because maybe the wonder trade part affected it with one of the random pokés I received, idk, but the thing is, just after all of this, things got really messed up.

Well... the whole story is here: https://imgur.com/a/3CvMM

I googled stuff, found nothing... does any of you have any idea of what this is??

QueenUnfezant

welcome to the comedy zone
I'm glad this hasn't happened to me.

also the important trainer avatars i see r probably hacked

nel3

Crimson Dragon
funny enough, i was on pkmn X a few days ago online and saw atleast 1 pss acct on the random passerby list with a blank space where an image was. i clicked on the 2 players on both sides and used the tab buttons to scroll the list and it just skipped over that player. i had no issues online so its likely im safe there.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I think you found hackers on the PSS. I saw weird things like this once and then went to Google to learn what was going on. It didn't break my game or anything.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I think you found hackers on the PSS. I saw weird things like this once and then went to Google to learn what was going on. It didn't break my game or anything.

yeah that was my thought too, ive seen less obvious ones way back in gen6 times ie pkmn center icons.

TheOriginalOne

オリジナル
funny enough, i was on pkmn X a few days ago online and saw atleast 1 pss acct on the random passerby list with a blank space where an image was. i clicked on the 2 players on both sides and used the tab buttons to scroll the list and it just skipped over that player. i had no issues online so its likely im safe there.

yeah that was my thought too, ive seen less obvious ones way back in gen6 times ie pkmn center icons.

Yeah, apparently it is about programs like Basehaxx or something, as someone else told me meanwhile. Thinking back, I also have a vague idea of having seen similar stuff in the past. And my game has remained pretty functional until now.

Well, thanks for your help anyway!

I'm glad this hasn't happened to me.

also the important trainer avatars i see r probably hacked

hmmm... so I guess it's all the same. I thought the ability to have those special avatars like gym leaders and stuff came from wifi events or something. Lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.