• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Psychic or Fighting?

Fighting or Pshychic?

• Fighting

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Psichic

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • Neither :P

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I've always thought these two types are exactly the opposite of each other, using the power of the mind and body rispectively, and how at Saffron city there was a fight between these two gym leaders so....
Do you prefer fighting pokemon or psychic pokemon?

Sara Hysaro

I prefer Fighting just a bit more than Psychic, though I like both types quite a bit. :)

I think that Dark and Fighting are opposites too. Dark types fight with devious tactics, while Fighting types are honorable.

voidhawk

Blergh!
Fighting types will always be faoured by me over psychic types, simply for the fact that i like a lot more fighting type pokemon than psychic types. hitmon family is also interesting, not that many interesting psychics.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
I prefer the Psychic type, simply because more Pokémon that are of that type are among my favorite Pokémon compared to Pokémon that are of the Fighting type.

Psychic is a cooler type than fighting....but fighting is just a better type in-game
I'm gonna have to go with fighting

(One of my favorite pokémon is Gallade, so this was hard)

SneaselClaw

Psychic types were ruined for me back in Red and Blue, when we had a competitive competition at school and almost everyone just had teams of Alakazam and Mewtwo.
Fighting types have been getting much better on the other hand, so I prefer them for both in-game and competitive.

Bombadil

The Narrator
I prefer the psychic type. I think it has some of the coolest Pokemon in the game. I still like the fighting type, but I just prefer the psychics.

pokeaussie37

For no particular reason I like fighting types more. It's not as if I like individual fighting types more than Psychic types, it's more the type itself.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
You spelled "psychic" three different ways in one post. Bravo.

I chose Fighting; there's too many Psychic legendaries.

Dattebayo

Banned
Fighting types, but I have a huge respect for Psychic types and how I'm mad at GF for making weaker ones instead of giving them high SpA, SpD, and/or Speed like they did with the Gen I Psychic types.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Psychic, because:

a) They're cute. A lot of my favourites (Jirachi, Celebi, Reuniclus, Chimecho and Musharna, for example) tend to be Psychic.
b) They're more varied than Fighting.
c) I'm more into Special attacks.

Of course, that doesn't mean I don't like Fighting. I just prefer Psychic.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Psychic. They're just so cool compared to Fighting-types. I do like Fighting types though, I mean I love Makuhita and Hariyama, but I love a lot more Psychic-types.

Bad Dreams

Fighting types, but I have a huge respect for Psychic types and how I'm mad at GF for making weaker ones instead of giving them high SpA, SpD, and/or Speed like they did with the Gen I Psychic types.

Good Psychics introduced post generation I:
Espeon
Medicham
Gardevoir
Gallade
Reuniclus
Metagross
Azelf
Celebi
Lugia
Wobbufett
Deoxys
Jirachi
Bronzong
Latias
Latios

On Topic:
I prefer the fighting type because they generally have good movepools with lots of coverage.

Crystalmew9

Ultimate Mew Fan
I prefer Psychic type for a number of reasons.

1. Psychic Pokemon are generally cuter and look cooler.
2. Psychic Pokemon can know more of a variety of moves.
3. Psychic Pokemon is super-effective against Fighting.
4. Mew is Psychic. 'Nuff said. (Mew's my fav Pokemon :3)

And I think the Psychic ability is cool. You can send telepathy, throw people around with your mind, and hover!

Dattebayo

Banned
Good Psychics introduced post generation I:
Espeon
Medicham
Gardevoir
Gallade
Reuniclus
Metagross
Azelf
Celebi
Lugia
Wobbufett
Deoxys
Jirachi
Bronzong
Latias
Latios

On Topic:
I prefer the fighting type because they generally have good movepools with lots of coverage.

Medicham? Good? Look at its base stats, man! Plus I specifically meant Psychic types with high SpA, SpD, and Speed, so Metagross is out. Also legendaries don't count because it's already obvious they're gonna have high stats, so I want regular Psychic types.

Penguinist Trainer

i voted for psychic. ever since the episode of pokemon when ash was going against sabrina, i always imagined psychic types being a lot scarier than the fighting types.