• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Psychic Power!". In-Game team.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
I decided to create a Psychic Pokemon team. Here it goes.

103_exeggutor_1_m.png

Exeggutor @
life-orb.png

Evs. {6 Sp Attk}{252 Sp Def}{252 Hp}
Nature: Modest
-Leech Seed
-substitute
-Giga Drain
-Toxic

121.png

Starmie @ Choice specs
Evs. {252 Sp Attk}{252 Hp}{6 Speed}
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-ThunderBolt
-Signal Beam

claydol.png

Claydol @ Macho Brace
Evs. {252 Attk}{252 Sp.Attk}{6 Speed}
Nature: Brave
-Gyro Ball
-EarthQuake
-Stone Edge
-Psychic

376_metagross_1_m.png

Metagross @
leftovers.gif

Evs. {252 Attk }{252 Sp. Def}{6 Speed}
Nature: Adamant
-Agility
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbut
-EarthQuake

gallade-m.png

Gallade @
leftovers.gif

Evs. {252 Attk}{252 Speed}{6 Hp}
-Drain Punch
-Night Slash
-Psyco Cut
-Swords Dance

124_jynx_1_f.png

Jynx @ Choice Specs
Evs. {252 Sp.Atkk}{252 Hp}{6 Sp Def}
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast
-Energy Ball
-Water Pulse

Last edited:

peacemaker987

Custom User Title

103_exeggutor_1_m.png

Exeggutor @ big root/leftovers
Evs.252sp.atk/178hp/80sp.def
Nature: calm
-Leech Seed
-toxic
-Giga Drain/HP[fighting]
-substitute
offensive tank, and if you want defense, the first thing you invest in is HP

121.png

Starmie @ Choice specs
Evs. {252 Sp Attk}{252 Hp}{6 Speed}
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-ThunderBolt
-Signal Beam
fine

claydol.png

Claydol @ muscle band
Evs. {252 Attk}{144 Sp.Attk}{112hp}
Nature: brave
-Gyro Ball
-EarthQuake
-Stone Edge
-Psychic
this EV spread gives psychic enough oomph to be useful while giving claydol decent bulk

376_metagross_1_m.png

Metagross @
leftovers.gif

Evs. 252atk/178spd/80hp
-agility
-Meteor Mash
-thunderpunch/icepunch
-EarthQuake
no point in having two steel moves when you can sweep easier if you can use all moves, also, go for the elemental punchs > zen headbutt, the coverage is much needed.

gallade-m.png

Gallade @
leftovers.gif

Evs. 252atk/252spd/6hp
-Drain Punch
-Night Slash
-Psyco Cut
-Swords Dance
tank gallade just doesnt work

124_jynx_1_f.png

Jynx @ Choice Specs
Evs. {252 Sp.Atkk}{252 hp}{6 sp.def}
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast
-Energy Ball
-Water Pulse
moves are fine..
comments in green

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
^ better to outspeed than take the hit :p
w/max speed gallade should be able to outrun almost every in-game flying type
if the is HG beware of the crobat in the E4
if you're too concerned about this, run shadowsneak > nightslash, in-game poke's who outrun a max speed gallade are frail :p

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Alright thanx.=) And The crobat in the E4 is fast... My level 100 togekiss barley outsped it.

Final

I Submit to No One

103_exeggutor_1_m.png

Exeggutor @
life-orb.png

Evs. {252 Sp Attk}{252 HP}{6 Def}
-Leech Seed
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Ice] / Sludge Bomb
-Psychic

You should max Exeggutor's HP first before touching its Special Defense as it will give Exeguttor better overall Defenses. The only exceptions to this rule are Pokemon like Blissey who has a huge HP stat compared to her Defenses as well as Snorlax and even Vaporeon who are pretty much the same way since maxing there HP stats before touching their Defenses doesn't really improve their hit taking abilities a whole lot. Also, you'll want to be packing something to hit opposing Grass Types hard since they're immune to Leech Seed. I'm only mentioning Sludge Bomb since it has a higher base Power than Hidden Power meaning it hits opposing Grass types harder at the cost of being able to hit Steel Types in the case of HP Fire. Sludge Bomb isn't a great move but it helps with the purpose of Leech Seeding. Grass / Poison Typed ones are hit hard by a powerful Psychic anyway. Additionally, you don't need and shouldn't use Giga Drain and Energy Ball on the same set.

121.png

Starmie @ Choice specs
Evs. {252 Sp Attk}{252 Speed}{6 HP}
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-ThunderBolt
-Grass Knot / Psychic

Lol at Starmie with no Speed. Seriously, its Speed is its best stat and should always be utilized in some way. Also, Signal Beam is useless outside of hitting Ludicolo so I would probably pack Grass Knot for Water / Ground Types or hell, even Psychic.

claydol.png

Claydol @ Leftovers
Evs. {252 HP}{252 Sp.Attk}{6 Speed}
-Calm Mind
-Earth Power
-Psychic
-Ice Beam

First of all, Quick Claw is crap due to its unreliability. Also, Claydol doesn't hit hard enough without a boosting move of sorts. Using an all Special Calm Mind set seems like the best way to go offensively. Calm Mind boosts its Special Attack and already good Special Defense, Earth Power and Psychic for STABs and Ice Beam for Type coverage.

376_metagross_1_m.png

Metagross @
leftovers.gif

Evs. {252 Attk }{252 HP}{6 Speed}
-Bullet Punch
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbut
-EarthQuake

Same deal as Exeggutor with the EVs. Max HP first before touching Special Defense since it bolsters its hit taking ability on both sides and not just one. The moves are fine though although you could consider a Choice Band, Life Orb or Muscle Band to give its moves more power although you probably don't need it considering how powerful Metagross is.

gallade-m.png

Gallade @
leftovers.gif

Evs. {252 Attk}{252 Speed}{6 HP}
-Close Combat
-Night Slash / Shadow Sneak
-Psyco Cut
-Swords Dance

Again. Same deal as Metagross and Exeggutor with Defensive EVs although here, Gallade needs Speed instead since it is a sweeper that has decent enough Speed. Close Combat over Drain Punch mainly because of the fact it is twice as powerful as Drain Punch and wrecks near well everything that doesn't resist it after a Swords Dance. You could use a Life Orb as a hold item and make it OHKO almost everything in the game with Close Combat that doesn't resist it. Also, Shadow Sneak can be considered over Night Slash for a priority move but it has rather low base power. That's probably just me though.

124_jynx_1_f.png

Jynx @ Choice Specs
Evs. {252 Sp.Atkk}{252 Speed}{6 Hp}
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic

Urgh. Same deal as Gallade with EVs. Jynx should just focus on being fast since it can't really take hits it doesn't resist and even then due to its overall frailty. Also, Psychic over Water Pulse since a neutral Psychic is more powerful than a Super Effective Water Pulse barring 4x Super Effective hits from it. There are few instances where Water Pulse would be stronger. Namely against Tyranitar who you should be Focus Blasting and Steelix who you should also be Focus Blasting. You can probably also run Calm Mind somewhere but Jynx is frail and won't really have a chance to set up. You should probably also run Shadow Ball over Energy Ball since it is unresisted alongside Focus Blast.

Suggestions bolded.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
So... Is the OP updated with your changes? If so, tell me and I'll edit a rate into this post for you. If not, then update it and I'll rate that version instead if I can.