• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

psychosocial

I decided to make one of these, whats the worse that could happen? -shifteyes-

Newest:
kirlia-psychosocial-done.png

yeah, that's what the thread is named after. So shoot me.
I just picked a random 'mon, didn't think it would turn out good. I like it.

Quilava-done.png

I got a new brush set, so I tested it out on a classic. One of my favorites. Jace is my Username on another forum, btw.

Luvdisc.png

Don't like this one that much, it was rushed for a contest that was ending (that I missed -.-)

MURAMASA.png

Entered this in one of those Battles. Not my favorite, but it's ok I guess.

Skyward-Sword.png

Zelda ftw. 'nuff said.

House.png

It's simple, but I kind of like it. Blood to show the drama from the show.

So yeah, Thanks for reading, if you did at all.

Please, Crit is Wanted and highly suggested even if I wouldn't want to hear it.

Last edited:

ShinySandshrew

†God Follower†
Well, I'm still learning, but I'll give you some critiqué as best as I can!

First Banner
You did a nice job making the different effects work together for a grunge feel. The splatter and the lines on the pic work well to that effect, as does the fade out towards the bottom of Kirlia. The only negative things I can see are the black on the sides is more than necessary and the text doesn't do that much for the banner.

Second Banner
The background fits the overall feel of the banner and works well the bold outline of Quilava. The font you chose is good but the word doesn't make sense to me. Overall, not bad.

Third Banner
Decent. The best parts about it are the way you did the text and the texture you added to Luvdisc. Not much else to say about this one.

Fourth Banner
The picture you used is interesting, as is the crack but the lines on the image detract from the look of the banner. Also, the text is kinda obscure.

Fifth Banner
Very well done. The streaks of light worked perfectly for this banner. They fade out towards the end and that looks nice. The text, the outline of the the text, and the way it fades out on one side are nicely done, too. The only bad thing I can see is that the one streak of light on Link's head, makes it look like Link's cap has sprouted a light-leak!

Sixth Banner
This is probably my least favorite. The blood spatters look kinda...pasted on? It could be better if they blended with the picture more. The arrows don't make much sense to me either. I think the best part of you banner is the dude staring at you. XD

Well, I hope this helps you!

First of all, thank you for posting x3

Second Banner
The background fits the overall feel of the banner and works well the bold outline of Quilava. The font you chose is good but the word doesn't make sense to me. Overall, not bad.

oshi- I forgot to Mention, Jace Beleren is my username on another forum. So that's what it is.

Fifth Banner
Very well done. The streaks of light worked perfectly for this banner. They fade out towards the end and that looks nice. The text, the outline of the the text, and the way it fades out on one side are nicely done, too. The only bad thing I can see is that the one streak of light on Link's head, makes it look like Link's cap has sprouted a light-leak!

Thanks, I love this one too. I don't know about that hat thing, I guess it was a brush going in the wrong place, I don't know.

Sixth Banner
This is probably my least favorite. The blood spatters look kinda...pasted on? It could be better if they blended with the picture more. The arrows don't make much sense to me either. I think the best part of you banner is the dude staring at you. XD

This was one of my first in CS5, so it was mainly a Test-Drive.

And I forgot one in the main post:

sonic-colors-1.png

Sonic Colors!

And a new one:

Mintwing-done.png

(Thanks Northern Lights for the brush set)

ShinySandshrew

†God Follower†
Aah! User-name. Makes sense now.

First Banner
The render is very clear (did you do it, or did someone else?) so that is a plus. Unfortunately, the background is rather busy. Now, I know that might seem like a contradiction when you're talking about Sonic, but it seems too psychedelic for Sonic.

Second Banner
The idea of putting a smaller black and white image with the lines on it in the corner works well for this banner. I'm not sure what to call what is going on with the colors in the rest of the banner, but it looks like it has less color than a normal Pokémon image. That detracts from it in my opinion.

BTW, on the Link banner, did you use a brush for the light effects? Also, what program do you use?

First Banner
The render is very clear (did you do it, or did someone else?) so that is a plus. Unfortunately, the background is rather busy. Now, I know that might seem like a contradiction when you're talking about Sonic, but it seems too psychedelic for Sonic.
Really? I thought it would've Blended fine.
And no, it was on Planet Renders xD

Second Banner
The idea of putting a smaller black and white image with the lines on it in the corner works well for this banner. I'm not sure what to call what is going on with the colors in the rest of the banner, but it looks like it has less color than a normal Pokémon image. That detracts from it in my opinion.

It's off a pokemon card, after I messed with the Hue and Saturation.

BTW, on the Link banner, did you use a brush for the light effects?
Yeah, drawing a blank on the site though D:

Also, what program do you use?

Photoshop CS5 Extended x3

Sorry, I have no new Banners right now -.-

Last edited:

Zozo1999

has left Serebii
^Reported D:

Anyway, I LOVE your banners, you should make a shop :D

Dragoness

*Ebil grin*
I'm not so great at critique--I happen to just enjoy what I like, whether it's good or not + I've never been more than average on the technical aspects of art.

I do like all of these. Well, almost all. The House banner is just a little too bland. I like the shading and I like the idea you had, to use those blood spatters and white triangles to make a sort of strong pattern. But it just didn't quite work. Partly b/c they are so big and partly b/c it just didn't blend well.

On banner #3, the Love Is in the Water one: It's pretty, the blending and blurring make it appear cool and soft, but I hate the text. Well, that's not true. I like the color, font, and angle, but you made it way too close together. It's hard to make out the words for what they are. Real hard. Also, the poka-dot pattern on the Luvdisk (how do you spell its name again?) takes away from the Pokemon image. I think it would look bolder and better w/out the pattern. But that's just nit-picking.

The 1st banner I believe is the best. You really got the "I am dark and mysterious" thing going on. You had the right Pokemon, the right render, the right colors and the right splatter brushing for it. Also, you didn't 100% use the zig-zag lines over the render, so that's a huge plus. If you had used the lines over the render, I'd have had to send Growlithe after you <3

Hmm, and your 2nd banner has inspired me. I have an urge to try some pop art/vintage/vector graphics.

~Dragon

RXS

I adore the Kirlia tag, the colors go really well together. Like most artists, you should experiment with different effects and different methods of adding flair to your artwork. Try using effect textures or C4Ds, they work really nicely :)