• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Puberty - check 1st post again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas!

Real Talk Keisha.
It takes about a week for my facial hair to grow about half a millimetre, and it only grows on my chin, and top lip for some reason.. I don't really want sideburns though. =P

No, you don't. There annoying and look trashy. I had sideburns until of recent and I don't know how many times I tried to make them look good, they didn't.

-MX-

I'm going through puberty right now. I'm 13, so you know.

Let's see... I started at 11 when my voice started getting deeper and everything followed suit. I'm pretty tall though. I'm about 5'8". I hope I keep growing.

Darkrai0203

Propaniac
when I was in 5th grade during christmas break I got a huge pimple on my nose and then it all went down hill during the summer of 5th and start of 6th grade

lucky im not girl they have it worse

TogeticTheRuler

Let's see... I started at 11 when my voice started getting deeper and everything followed suit. I'm pretty tall though. I'm about 5'8". I hope I keep growing.

You better hope that you don't go above 6 feet.

Peter Quill

star-lord
I'm wondering when it would be considered the age where it is too young to teach kid about puberty and sex.

When's the time you had that good ol' discussion with your parents? Because due to unforseen circumstances my class got to learn about everything in grade five. The gist of it is some girl got her period went to the bathroom, had no idea what was going on and started screaming hysterically. Pretty much our entire class got the discussion because of that incident. I see no problem with us learning it at grade five, however many parents got mad and such. I didn't hear about their views so whatever.

Just wondering.

xspicysnowballx

Woof, meow, moo!
<Perv on the lookout

Notice that below his name? No wonder he/she/it made this topic...

Edit: You can also discuss about our 'troublesome' generation, and such and other dumb steriotypes. I.e We all want to be celebrities and such. That's why most 8 year old girls try to get boob jobs, right?

Nothing better to do than to talk about girls boobs and Pokemon, right?
What a life.

And are you SURE you want me to talk about YOUR troublesome generation?
SUUUUUUUUUURE I WILL!
I'm sick and tired of you kiddies bringing up topics such as this one. Didn't your mother ever wash your mouth out with soap when you talked like this?
I bet she gave birth to you on a bet to see if you would come out not screwed up.
Well, I can tell she lost that bet. Badly.

LMAO.

Hello, ego. How are you today? Good? Okay... here is a nice cup of shut the heck up.
Trust me, kid. That aint nothing to write home about.
And not something you should be telling a forum who has over a thousand members either.

EDIT: Rank up. WEWT!

Last edited:

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
I'm sick and tired of you kiddies bringing up topics such as this one. Didn't your mother ever wash your mouth out with soap when you talked like this?

Yeah! How dare you talk about your problems in a calm and collected manner with your peers!

When's the time you had that good ol' discussion with your parents?

Didn't.

I'm wondering when it would be considered the age where it is too young to teach kid about puberty and sex.
I would say it depends on the child. You'd want to tell them early enough so that they won't get misinformed and end up doing something stupid, yet at the same time, you also don't want to talk to them too early, and they don't completely understand.

dark rift

<Perv on the lookout

Notice that below his name? No wonder he/she/it made this topic...

I guess you didn't get how I was taking the piss out of my avatar

Nothing better to do than to talk about girls boobs and Pokemon, right?
What a life.

I never said anything about pokemon, and I said about little girls/boys obsessed with being like celebrities.

Replies in bold.

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
Your form of sarcasm is invald.

I'm so sorry that my disagreement didn't live up to your standards.

I just find it weird that you're saying...

...as if we're talking about sex. Especially that "pervert" line. Puberty =/= Sex. I think it's a good thing that teenagers actually can have a mature (well, as mature as we can be on the internet) conversation among themselves about the time in their life where they change the most.

I bet she gave birth to you on a bet to see if you would come out not screwed up.
Well, I can tell she lost that bet. Badly.
Also this. So, our mothers screwed up because...we talk about problems?

I'm being serious here, where did you find such a big problem to prompt you to post in this thread, if you clearly hate the topic so much?

I was really scary when I was 12. It freaks me out these days just thinking about it...

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Well, I'm close to ending puberty. But it's really not all that bad. I had one bad year of acne, and after that, I pretty much never get anything. Just a pimple here or there, I don't even use any acne stuff (I'm bragging, aren't I?)

Aside from that ... just developing and having raging sexual hormones is all I have. My voice seems to have changed (I can't tell, but others say it has). I'm about to turn 17, but I still look like a 14/15 year old. >.>

Puberty is just whatever to me. I'm almost done with it, though, so umm, yay? lol.

And about the celebrity thing, I have no intention or need to become super famous and have people stalk me and take my pictures while I'm peeing in a public restroom. It sickens me how people obsess over having a life like that.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I only had to deal with the bad parts of puberty for about a year, and I didn't really have any especially bad parts, outside of acne, which went away really quick.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I hit puberty when I was 9 years old, it was not fun at all.

I have a friend who hit puberty at age eight, poor thing. But by the time other girls reached that point, she was already used to it. (Found out about this during one of our "girl talks" that came up randomly and awkwardly.)

I started when I got into middle school, but mom had told me a little about it by that time, so I was slightly alright (I was shaking, but I at least knew what it was thanks to my cousin, who had gotten it about a year earlier). I was then taught to be quiet about it, though I've slipped it out about a couple of times since then anyway. And at the end of... eighth grade (I believe), I found out I had pit hair because a friend was teasing me about it in middle of a speech my art teacher was giving us. Yup :p. I think the guys were cool about it, but I dunno.

I've had somewhat bad acne, but not too terrible (except for the pus-filled ones, I had one on the tip of my nose in ninth grade). I've been taking care of it for a while now, and my face stays clear as long as I use this... cream treatment thingy... It works wonders.

As for growing, I think I'm done until I'm 18. I'll forever be a midget x3.

I've kinda noticed that though girls have a higher voice than men, it seems to slightly deepen a little than from when you're a kid. But I don't know. As far as I know, I've sounded the same since I was ten.

Prelude

Prelude
I've kinda noticed that though girls have a higher voice than men, it seems to slightly deepen a little than from when you're a kid. But I don't know. As far as I know, I've sounded the same since I was ten.

...wow, really.

I'm 15, I probably look a bit older, and I usually act older when I'm around my group. I forget when I hit puberty, but I do remember the first time I got some hair :D I haven't had acne yet.

Last edited:
My voice has always been deep for a girl, but, I guess It go deeper.

I have a friend who hit puberty at age eight, poor thing. But by the time other girls reached that point, she was already used to it. (Found out about this during one of our "girl talks" that came up randomly and awkwardly.)
I had a friend like that. And 'Girl talk' ...... thats awkward.

Meh, I'm not the kind of person whos attached enough to reality to care about physical and mental changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.