• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Puberty - No seriously guys this is for real, we promise. Every other post by Dig-Kun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
At least you guys experienced it, the dating scene and the consequences. I was so socially awkward/backward when I was in middle school, I had a hard time speaking at all without stammmering. I am getting better, but the thought of going on a first date at my age....it's not pleasant.

Kakama

Loli Hunter
Sonic Boom, going on your first date at that age is just foolish. Heck, you shouldn't even bother until you're finishing college; think about it, you finish, you get an amazing job, the stupid girls have paired out with the stupid boys having stupid babies at age 20, and you're all set up as a great person with a life ahead of you, you're free, date who you want, enjoy your life and finally settle down at age 30 or so with a nice steady marriage based on your experience of your 20s which was based on your stability in life.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Sonic Boom, going on your first date at that age is just foolish. Heck, you shouldn't even bother until you're finishing college; think about it, you finish, you get an amazing job, the stupid girls have paired out with the stupid boys having stupid babies at age 20, and you're all set up as a great person with a life ahead of you, you're free, date who you want, enjoy your life and finally settle down at age 30 or so with a nice steady marriage based on your experience of your 20s which was based on your stability in life.

While that can be true in some instances, I would have rather have experienced the dating scene at a younger age, so that way I have more confident view on how it works when I'm at an older age. There is nothing wrong with dating while in school; it prepares you for the real world by adopting social skills: confidence in what you say, your actions in front of people, etc. I'm not saying that I will stick with the same person throughout my school years, nor am I saying that dating will run my life. What I am saying is that I would have liked to have the social know-how that comes from dating in order for me to be better acquainted for what is out there.

Kakama

Loli Hunter
Two words I'm going to steal from one context and throw into this one: Lurk more.

Your friends and peers are crashing themselves over each other, taking their hearts so young and giving them away so easy. You watch them make their mistakes, consul them, learn from their failures, and then you get a shot when you're older. building on the fallen souls of those who burned out in youth. On this pile of ashes you will rise, a singular phenoix, a star, who knows much through observation and fears not to try it firsthand now; you've memorized the manual, it's time to play the game.

Failing that go to a rave, take e, and dance (and more) all night with awesome hot strangers. It's amazing and lets off a lot of pressure. Go do it.

woot21

super noob
Two words I'm going to steal from one context and throw into this one: Lurk more.

Your friends and peers are crashing themselves over each other, taking their hearts so young and giving them away so easy. You watch them make their mistakes, consul them, learn from their failures, and then you get a shot when you're older. building on the fallen souls of those who burned out in youth. On this pile of ashes you will rise, a singular phenoix, a star, who knows much through observation and fears not to try it firsthand now; you've memorized the manual, it's time to play the game.

Failing that go to a rave, take e, and dance (and more) all night with awesome hot strangers. It's amazing and lets off a lot of pressure. Go do it.
First off it is Murk loar. Secondly your advice is to do drugs? Thridly, you can't learn everything from other people mistakes. You do have to go through it on your own too, to learn certain things. Fourthly, just because you're dating doesn't mean you're giving your heart away. Finally, you are saying there is a time when it is too young to date when you are in high school, and college, yet you want to get with 12 year olds. LOLWUT?

woot21 out dawgs

dark rift

Am I wrong to say that people don't mind "physical contact" as much when you're older? I.e when you're young you are nervous to touch people outside your family, but as you get older you have more of a tolerance in "contact" that isn't sexual. I.e gender to same gender hugging/ kissing etc, since people realise it's having sex with the same gender that makes them gay. Rather then just touching them like a lot of teens think.

*random babel*

Basically I think peoples physical contact barriers minimize as you get older.
That's what "I'm A Celebrity" told me anyway and the amount of times they kissed on the lips in that jungle.

duncan

First off it is Murk loar. Secondly your advice is to do drugs? Thridly, you can't learn everything from other people mistakes. You do have to go through it on your own too, to learn certain things. Fourthly, just because you're dating doesn't mean you're giving your heart away. Finally, you are saying there is a time when it is too young to date when you are in high school, and college, yet you want to get with 12 year olds. LOLWUT?

woot21 out dawgs

Quoted for truth.

Am I wrong to say that people don't mind "physical contact" as much when you're older? I.e when you're young you are nervous to touch people outside your family, but as you get older you have more of a tolerance in "contact" that isn't sexual. I.e gender to same gender hugging/ kissing etc, since people realise it's having sex with the same gender that makes them gay. Rather then just touching them like a lot of teens think.

*random babel*

Basically I think peoples physical contact barriers minimize as you get older.
That's what "I'm A Celebrity" told me anyway and the amount of times they kissed on the lips in that jungle.

Well...I always thought of it the opposite myself. While you're younger, hugging and even taking baths together with the kids of the same gender is normal. Whereas once you get older, you don't even think about hugging a friend of the same gender. It depends, but that's a fairly common view on it I've found.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
why are we arguing over this.

why cant we just date when it feels right? that answers everybody's questions.

life is all about taking risks.

woot21

super noob
why are we arguing over this.

why cant we just date when it feels right? that answers everybody's questions.

life is all about taking risks.
No one here, except the pedo, was saying we shouldn't date when it feels right to us. Whether that be at the age of 12, the age of 30, or somewhere in-between.

Well...I always thought of it the opposite myself. While you're younger, hugging and even taking baths together with the kids of the same gender is normal. Whereas once you get older, you don't even think about hugging a friend of the same gender. It depends, but that's a fairly common view on it I've found.
Very true (for guys), at least until you get even older. When guys finish puberty they find it okay to hug their friends and such again, especially if they have a deep bond with them. Just look at athletes and how emotional they are and how much they hug each other, or smack each other's ***.

woot21 out dawgs

dark rift

Very true (for guys), at least until you get even older. When guys finish puberty they find it okay to hug their friends and such again, especially if they have a deep bond with them. Just look at athletes and how emotional they are and how much they hug each other, or smack each other's ***.

woot21 out dawgs

I've always wondered if the reason they don't during puberty is media/peer pressure based or puberty based. Something tells me it's peer pressure since girls do it all the time during peer pressure.

I've got a habit of jumping on people I have a close bond with.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I've always wondered if the reason they don't during puberty is media/peer pressure based or puberty based. Something tells me it's peer pressure since girls do it all the time during peer pressure.

I'm guessing it has something to do with, in my opinion, the fact that males are seen as the dominant beings, in terms of sociality. They don't want to appear weak in front of other people by enbracing or having other physical contact with other males. They will make exceptions for close friends and family members, but not for average friends or mere acquaintances.

If anyone views this as sexism, please know that I am not trying to make it out that way. I just can't word any other way.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I'm guessing it has something to do with, in my opinion, the fact that males are seen as the dominant beings, in terms of sociality. They don't want to appear weak in front of other people by enbracing or having other physical contact with other males. They will make exceptions for close friends and family members, but not for average friends or mere acquaintances.

If anyone views this as sexism, please know that I am not trying to make it out that way. I just can't word any other way.

I think its more a homophobia issue. The ultimate fear for the average teenage boy in America is being seen as "gay"

duncan

But why would they fear being seen as being "gay?" Because they have that sense of dominancy that doesn't fit with being a homosexual.

The word gay is just thrown around with a lot of guys. It isn't necessarily thought through or anything, they say it if you don't act 'manly' enough. I don't even think most guys even care about what it means as much as it's just something that you want to avoid.

shay

CustomUserTitleGO!!!
But why would they fear being seen as being "gay?" Because they have that sense of dominancy that doesn't fit with being a homosexual.

Thats probably the biggest reason. All my gay friends hug everyone while all my straight guy friends either do that stupid man hug or a hand shake. I think because some straight men however accepting they are of gay men dont want people to think they are gay themselves because as you said its a dominancy thing and a masculine thing.

Last edited:

Kakama

Loli Hunter

woot21 out dawgs

First off, stop spouting memes, it doesn't make you look cool. You're right though, I would agree with your other posts: dating should be done when someone feels ready. That's why I mean, for all the people worried about how they cannot talk to women and such, "it's ok." When you feel like you can go start something up, go do it, but society pressures people to not do it when they are young or do it when they are older and blah blah stupid crap that the collective of society has no right to say.

This goes for the issue of men giving hugs to each other; the entire stupid gender roles where men have to be manly but women can be affectionate on a friendly level is a driving force in people going transexual; we don't LIKE the way men operate. Frankly we've just said **** that, and ignore the gender roles. They really don't matter, at all. Will you get made fun of by society which uses shame as a control method because it is a pathetic sham of a social order? Yes. Will you be free, truly free? Absolutely. It is a free life outside, so gloriously happy.

Kakama

Loli Hunter
Even though you have to have sex with the same gender to be gay. Which people don't seem to understand at first.

Do you have to have sex with a woman to be straight? Do you have to have sex with both genders to be bi? How about with animals to be a furry, with a loli to be a pedo? Orientation is separate from action.

(in b4 *****ing about the differences between furry and bestiality you get my point)

duncan

Thats probably the biggest reason. All my gay friends hug everyone while all my straight guy friends either do that stupid man hug or a hang shake. I think because some straight men however accepting they are of gay men dont want people to think they are gay themselves because as you said its a dominancy thing and a masculine thing.

You just can't escape them in this thread.

This goes for the issue of men giving hugs to each other; the entire stupid gender roles where men have to be manly but women can be affectionate on a friendly level is a driving force in people going transexual; we don't LIKE the way men operate. Frankly we've just said **** that, and ignore the gender roles. They really don't matter, at all. Will you get made fun of by society which uses shame as a control method because it is a pathetic sham of a social order? Yes. Will you be free, truly free? Absolutely. It is a free life outside, so gloriously happy.

No one (certainly not me) has any problem with this. You should live your life however you wish to, as should I and everyone else. But you shouldn't just say "Because men are manly and woman aren't, people should be transexual". Most men act like men, and most women act like women. It's the way things are. You shouldn't try to denounce it by suggesting everyone should act the same, however right or wrong it might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.