• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Punching In The Sand

Usatoday

Eternal God
20091007073305%21Bag_Smooth_Rock_Sprite.png
Team Preview

|
heatran.gif
|
latios.gif
|
hippowdon.gif
|
rotom-wash.gif
|
breloom.gif
|
jirachi.gif
|

Introduction

Hello all you probably recognize me by now and realize how much I love making RMTs; I believe this will be my sixth here on smogon and my fifth OU RMT. The team I bring you is what I consider generally my most successful ladder team with a peak around 2,000 with 64 glicko. The team itself is focused around spreading poison, burns, and sleep via spore, will-o-wisp, and toxic to allow breloom to open up huge holes with the criminally underused subpunch set to eventually let me clean up late game with heatran or latios depending on the team scenario. You will undoubtedly see some unorthodox move choices on some of the pokemon but upon testing they have proven to be incredibly useful and at times game changing. This team has had many variations of it and would take forever for me to attempt to give you the run down on the team building process, so let's jump straight into the team shall we?
In Depth Analysis

tumblr_m7ddt9jWml1qlms3vo1_500.gif

Heatran @ Leftovers

Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 SAtk / 8 HP
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower / Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Toxic
Heatran is the pokemon this team revolves around and is a damn good pokemon to build around. The subtoxic set I have grown to love over the last few months that I've been perfecting this team as it allows for me to ware down pokemon that could be a giant nuisance including the likes of keldeo, terrakion, and latias. the combination of poison and sand is amazing to have on this team as I can remove threats or ware them enough for latios to come in lategame and destroy the remaining team. Lava plume is there for the 30% chance to burn however flamethrower is the main slash on this set because of the higher base power it carries. Earth power allows me to hit other heatrans and more importantly terrakion. Substitute rounds out the set with allowing me to scout out my opponents initial switch in and cripple it with damage or toxic.

tumblr_mnb3qmCSg21rtizi9o4_500.gif

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Sleep Talk
Latios was initially choice specs and would destroy my opponents team however if you look at it the team is slow and needs a fast pokemon that can patch up the speed problem. It is also a nice counter to have around for breloom and venusaur. Psyshock is there to deal withh they myriad of fighting, and poison types within the overused metagame. Draco meteor being the main stab allows me to get rid of choice scarf salamence, and more importantly get rid of +2 dragonite incase I allow my opponent to set up their dragonite to that level. Surf is the primary coverage move as it allows me to deal with heatran, and hippowdon for some decent damage. Latios is also the lategame cleaner that heatran, and breloom are meant to breakdown walls for so that it can sweep with surf, or psyshock.

tumblr_lokt59KEdG1qj0krzo1_500.gif

Hippowdon @ Leftovers

Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
Standard physically defensive hippowdon that can wall the crap out of any pokemon for days given the assistance it gets from rotom wash and jirachi I can get enough walling capability to deal with what I need to. Slack off is fairly easy to explain as it can heal off any amount of health hippowdon has lost. The 4 speed evs allow me to outpace opposing hippowdon and whirlwin them wout before they can whirlwind me. Stealth rock and earthquake round out this set preventing my opponent from making me taunt bait and to deal well with rain jirachi, and to deal passive damage with sandstorm damage as they switch in.

RotomWash.gif

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry

EVs: 216 SDef / 248 HP / 44 Spd
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
This set is a custom ev spread that is essentially enough to outrun minimum investment landorus therian and hydro pump it before it can u-turn on me. Hydro pump and volt switch allow me to gain momentum and hit hard while providing dual stab for rotom to attempt to do damage with. Will-0-Wisp is there to cripple pokemon along with heatran and breloom. Rest is there as I find pain split unreliable as I find restochesfto more reliable for dealing with pokemon and more importantly status as I can lead it against lead breloom burn the chesto berry and burn it.

tumblr_m4y9y5keCB1qd87hlo1_500.gif

Breloom @ Toxic Orb

Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Spd / 244 Atk / 12 HP
Jolly Nature
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Substitute
- Seed Bomb
This set really needs some more love and appreciation it is so underrated in today's metageme but can singlehandedly destroy half of the metagame. Focus punch is amazing how powerful it hits allowing wallbreaking capabilities. Typically believe it or not I will lead with breloom and sub down as they switch to their sleep talker or sleep fodder. This allows me to scout out the opponent's switch in and potentially determine their set. Seed bomb being primary stab allows me to destroy water types that assume I'm physically defensive subseed after they notice i have poison heal and substitute. Spore is obviously to cripple one of my opponent's pokemon permanently for the rest of the game. This can often be the difference between life and death in some matches.

tumblr_m1jtsh2xr51r1rrxzo1_500.gif

Jirachi @ Expert Belt

Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 152 Atk / 208 SpA / 148 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Iron Head
- Thunder
- Fire Punch
Jirachi has been on the team awhile however the set has varied from specially defensive sets, to a choice scarf set. I finally decided on the wall breaker expert belt set to catch landorus therian for breloom, ferrothorn and scizor for latios, and to deal with politoed for heatran. Iron head is a stab move that is amazing at times to get crucial chip damage so I can destroy them with the appropriate coverage move. There is a final option that can be chosen for jirachi over any move and that would be healing wish which I have found to be crucial at times but can be annoying as it takes up a crucial spot on jirachi.

Import

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 SAtk / 8 HP
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Toxic

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Sleep Talk

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 216 SDef / 248 HP / 44 Spd
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Spd / 244 Atk / 12 HP
Jolly Nature
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Substitute
- Seed Bomb

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 152 Atk / 208 SpA / 148 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Iron Head
- Thunder
- Fire Punch

Final Glance

|
heatran.gif
|
latios.gif
|
hippowdon.gif
|
rotom-wash.gif
|
breloom.gif
|
jirachi.gif
|
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |

_Sylveon_

Indigo Champion
This is a very nice team you got here! I really do like it! Here is what I would change about it:

- Jirachi's Movest
Why not just run Ice Punch > Hidden Power [Ice] and ThunderPunch or Healing Wish > Thunder? That way you do not have to split the EV's and can run Jolly 252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 HP. Healing Wish would be preferred for in a pinch if it won't be doing anything else, it can save another member. Other than this small change, great team you got here :)

8/10

Usatoday

Eternal God
This is a very nice team you got here! I really do like it! Here is what I would change about it:

- Jirachi's Movest
Why not just run Ice Punch > Hidden Power [Ice] and ThunderPunch or Healing Wish > Thunder? That way you do not have to split the EV's and can run Jolly 252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 HP. Healing Wish would be preferred for in a pinch if it won't be doing anything else, it can save another member. Other than this small change, great team you got here :)

8/10

no just no jirachi is mixed for its ability to power past politoed and landorus therian both of which are hit harder by hp ice and thunder

Klaus™

Banned

- Jirachi's Movest

8/10
someone didnt read lol

If i have time, ill expand this. But for now, maybe try out Icy Wind>HP Ice. Achieves the same goal (lando deterrent) IIRC plus the speed drop will help against random thigs as a safety net for you. It also beats Yache+SD chomp expectin the switch, and DDnite, both of whom could otherwise set up on it, which is pretty neat imo!

Next, I personally like lucario over breloom, as right now your win condition is sadly lacking in power imo. Latios would lure in ttar to set up on it, and your pokemon take out most good threats f luke's, such as landorus therian, and jellicent. But thats just a personal touch :] very well made team bby!