• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PungentFruit's RMT (VGC 2011)

PungentFruit

Quest to be a Master
With the Pokemon Video Game Championships' rules out I have been testing teams
for a long time now on Pokemon Online. Rules are http://skarmbliss.com/forum/index.php?topic=756.0
here if you did not know them already. Only four Pokemon are needed because
this is VGC 2011 and there is not team preview.

Spr_5b_612.png

Pure Haxx (Ononokusu) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Double Chop
- Rock Slide
- Outrage

Haxorus or "Pure Haxx" is good to really damage my opponent's team. His max
attack + Adamant nature gives him a whopping 218 Attack, enough to take out
many common leads. Earthquake is good for sheer damage, Dragon Claw for a controllable
Dragon and STAB attack, Rock Slide for the flinch and Flying, Bug, etc. types,
and Outrage for a sheer OHKO to almost every Pokemon. His main goal is to cripple the opposing
team and he sure gets the job done. The EVs are pretty obvious here. Nothing needed to be explained.

518.png

P!NK (Mushaana) (M) @ Mental Herb
Trait: Telepathy
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Helping Hand
- Shadow Ball
- Moonlight
- Trick Room

Musharna or "P!NK" is your common supporter here. His main job is to help Haxx
with his attacks to almost ensure his attacks to OHKO with Helping Hand. I like Shadow Ball
here instead of Psychic just because of the good amount of Dark types in the
VGC 2011 metagame. Yes I know it doesnt do a whole lot of damage but it is still
damage and may be needed in crucial situations. It also provides good coverage
against other Mushaanas and Ghost and Psychic types. Moonlight is good to have if
Mushy takes a beating and needs some HP to support the rest of my team. You
are probably wondering "Why Trick Room?". Well to explain why TR is good is because it
counters TR teams. If I know they are going to set up TR or have it up, I can just
reverse the field so my Pokemon are not attacking last. His EVs are to survive many attacks.
The only problem with handling attacks is with double hits. The Sassy nature because speed really does
not mater here and so he may be able to handle problems in a TR scenario.

641.png

Tornelos (Torunerosu) (M) @ Flight Jewel
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Acrobat
- Substitute
- Tailwind
- Hammer Arm

Tornelos is a great Pokemon to have in the back. He can take care of
many common Pokemon and OHKO them if they do not use the super effective weakening
berries. Tornelos is also gifted with the ability of Mischivous Heart whic allows him to
use non-attacking moves with a priority of +1. Acrobat + Flight Jewel makes a great
combintation. With a base power of 165 with the Flight Jewel it can take care of all
Fighting, Grass, etc. Pokemon and do a lot of damage to Pokemon that its not
supereffective to. Tailwind is good to have so Jellicent in the back can take care of all
problems. Substitute is for avoiding moves such as Spore and Thunderwave, and
Hammer Arm is good for an all around good moveset to handle Steel and Dark Pokemon.
I think Jolly Nature is the best here because it allows him to outspeed a lot of Pokemon
outside of Tailwind. I also like 252 Speed EVs because of that.

Spr_5b_593_m.png

Monopolized (Burungeru) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SAtk / 100 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam

PringleFish is very good on this team. It can work in Tailwind and TR (if decide
to set it up knowing I'm slower than my opponent). His moveset is very balanced and
can handle a lot in battle. Water Spout is definitely nice with its 150 base attack,
Will-O-Wisp comes in handy a lot against Sucker Punchers often such as Bisharp,
Shadow Ball is good for STAB, and Ice Beam for many Dragons and Ice types. Its main
weakness is Bisharp but it can be handled with the rest of my team. I like 100 Speed EVs
here because it gives it enough speed in Tailwind to outspeed anything without a scarf or
not in Tailwind. Modest Nature is pretty obvious here.

Thank you for reading and please rate!

Last edited:

Human Being

^ I was going to quote that.

Mushaana and Tornelos seem to be contradicting each other, you're only using Mushaana for the Helping Hand boost. I think that Erufuun will be a better option seeing it can do what both Tornelos and Mushaana do, set up Tailwind and use Helping Hand. Even though you might have a Tornelos weakness if you do that you will need a way to KO Tornelos beyond Rock Slide spam even though it might work sometimes. Kirizikan might work due to the flying resistance, so I personally think it is worth the test.

PungentFruit

Quest to be a Master
^ I was going to quote that.

Mushaana and Tornelos seem to be contradicting each other, you're only using Mushaana for the Helping Hand boost. I think that Erufuun will be a better option seeing it can do what both Tornelos and Mushaana do, set up Tailwind and use Helping Hand. Even though you might have a Tornelos weakness if you do that you will need a way to KO Tornelos beyond Rock Slide spam even though it might work sometimes. Kirizikan might work due to the flying resistance, so I personally think it is worth the test.

Thanks for the help Human. Will definitely try that.

Hey you got one good rate out of three, thats pretty good here.

I can't add much as I don't play VGC but have you considered Double Chop on Ononokusu? Helping Handed Double Chop will OHKO pretty much anything frail enough for run a Focus Sash and it has overall the same base power as Dragon Claw (but with 90% accuracy). I don't know how many Pokemon run Focus Sash in VGC11 this gen so.. sorry if its outclassed or something.

Human Being

That is actually a really good idea Blue Harvest. Against Shandera, which often runs Focus Sash and is a lead it will probably get KOd and keeps them from getting Trick Room up.
So I second Double Chop > Dragon Claw, it sadly does not OHKO Scarf Terakion though, but it does KO Torenlos and Voltolos which often use Substitute so you can get it so they only use Substitute for one turn and only can get one offensive move, assuming they don't use any EVs for added bulk.

PungentFruit

Quest to be a Master
Tried Double Chop and it is definitely better than Dragon Claw EXCEPT that its 90 accuracy has lost me a few matches so far. Not really sure what to use now but I will stick to Double Chop for a little bit.

GarSlizer

Earthshaker
Of note, Musharna CANNOT evade EQs from Haxorus b/c of mold breaker. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't it negate abilities of whomever Haxorus attacks?

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
I think it only negates opponents abilitiess

PungentFruit

Quest to be a Master
Unfortunately Mushaana does not block the EQs because of Mold Breaker.

But that is a small price to pay for his massive attack.