• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

punish?

tee tee

Illussions Shattered
it only says power depends on foes stats!
I want a more detailed description like what is the highest damage it can do!

Admiral Neptune

Cosmical Commander
Be more specific.
The power depends on foe's stats, obvsiously how strong the attacker is compared to the foe.
Or did you mean what it does exactly? If one of your pokemon knows Punish why don't you just see for yourself?

tee tee

Illussions Shattered
about the foes stat and if i had the game i probaly wouldnt be asking the question but if you dont wont to help i will find out myself on april 22

Admiral Neptune

Cosmical Commander
The real question is why do want to know how the punishment of pokemon works so badly...

Pokémon Encyclopedia

Because it's nearly imposible to calculate. Observe the expression bellow

a-(b+h)=d
A= attack power
B=(sp) Defense
H= Health
D= Dammage

As you can see there are to many variables to calculate the exact base dammage.

BTW last time I checked Smogon dosn't have any info on the 4th gen.

Last edited:

Admiral Neptune

Cosmical Commander
Actually that's pretty easy. If only there were a constant(number) for each variable.

tee tee

Illussions Shattered
i found it out thanks to inazuma ans smogon:
basically, the power of Punish is 60. Every time your opponent boosts a stat, the power of Punish increases. The formula is a bit complex but basically you multiply .25 by every amount of boost for each stat (from 1 to 6), add 1, then multiply all these numbers together. So, say an opponent had a Dragon Dance, a Scheme, and two Acid Armors. The power would be:

60 * 1.25 (ATK, from the D) * 2 (DEF, from the Acid Armors) * 1.5 (SAT, from the Scheme) * 1.25 (SPD, from the DD) = 281.25.

The best application is against any booster except DEF-boosting ones (Bulk Up, Curse, Acid Armor) - fortunately, this includes the good majority of them (Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Agility/Rock Cart, Scheme/Tail Glow, Dragon Dance). The trick is getting decent power out of it. After one double boost, it's already more powerful than Crunch; after two it's either at 120 or 135.

Okay, now, the trick is finding a good user of it. A couple Dark types get it - Weavile, Skutank, Absol. You can also use it on Ho-oh to beat up various ubers - let Kyogre get those 6 Calm Minds, then hit it with a 375 power attack.

credit:Misty+ from the smogon forums

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Smogon said:
Punish: Its original base power is 60. However, if the target has any boosted stats (stats that have been reduced are ignored), then its power is multiplied by (1 + 0.25x) for each stat, where x is the number of levels in each boosted stat. It has a maximum base power somewhere between 180 and 200 BP. For example, a Pokemon that has used Dragon Dance twice will have four boosted levels - two in Attack, two in Speed. Therefore Punish's new base power will be 60 * (1 + 0.25(2)) * (1 + 0.25(2)) = 135.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14230

Here ya go. :)

EDIT: Beaten.

Admiral Neptune

Cosmical Commander
That's alot of information for someone whom didn't even know waht Punish looked like 3 minutes ago.