• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Purely Offensive and Offensively Defensive

Diarkia124

I made that title and have no idea what that means ;)

You know the drill, rate.

First Look
448.png
248.png
479-heat.png
245.png
472.png
212.png

In-Depth Look

lucario.png

Lucario @ Focus Sash
Inner Focus | Adamant
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
*Crunch
*Extremespeed
*Close Combat
*Counter

Lucario is the answer to the Jirachi problem I have occasionally. It can stop all the flinch haxes that are set upon a lot and can fight back. Extremespeed and Crunch put together can kill Starmie and Azelf. Counter is for Swampert and Hippowdon and OHKO them. This will be an unexpected suprise for some teams.

tyranitar.png

Tyranitar @ Babiri Berry
Sand Stream | Jolly
6 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
*Dragon Dance
*Crunch
*Stone Edge
*Fire Punch

My late game sweeper. It has pure power and at times, has ripped through entire teams. I just predict a switch to Dragon Dance. Lucario, a major threat often likes to Swords Dance when he is in. Fire Punch will OHKO it. Crunch and Stone Edge offer good STABs. Fire Punch hits Bronzong and Skarmory. Babiri Berry can help it survive a Bullet Punch and then it can hit back with Fire Punch.

rotomheat.png

Rotom (Heat Forme) @ Choice Scarf
Levitate | Timid
156 HP/ 136 SAtk/ 216 Spe
*Thunderbolt
*Overheat
*Shadow Ball
*Trick

Rotom-H is the special Revenge Killer on my team. It also has the capability of using Trick so it can cripple Blissey's and other walls. Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball for STAB and Overheat for Scizor and Lucario since it resists all their priority moves.

suicune.png

Suicune @ Leftovers
Pressure | Bold
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spe
*Ice Beam
*Calm Mind
*Rest
*Sleep Talk

Very Bulky, yet deadly. Calm Mind will boost its high Special Attack as well as raising its Special Defense. Rest is to shake off the damage as well as any status problems. Sleep Talk is to either raise the Special stats or to attack while it is sleeping. This Pokemon sees its best use when Blissey is out. It also counters Gliscor, Rhyperior, Salamence, and Celebi.

gliscor.png

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Sand Veil | Jolly
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
*Stealth Rock
*Earthquake
*Roost
*Toxic

Gliscor is the main counter to Lucario barring the revenge kill of Rotom. It sets up Stealth Rock to screw around with Gyarados and Salamence. Earthquake hits Lucario hard and Roost combined with Toxic will basically kill anything while stalling them. Jolly is there in the chance of Lucario running Ice Punch.

scizor.png

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician | Adamant
248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Spe
*U-Turn
*Bullet Punch
*Superpower
*Pursuit

The game plan is that in the early phases in the battle, after Lucario is done, use U-Turn to scout. In the mid-game, it will use Pursuit to catch those who try to flee. In the late-game, it uses Bullet Punch to catch those who are frail. Superpower is for Heatran and Magnezone.

Last edited:

MajorGambit

Edit the moveset of TTar. You had a typo there.

I wonder what's your answer to +1 Gyra, as Rotom won't outspeed it.

I advise you to make it a bulky one with t-wave or wow.

NP mixape can give you a lot of trouble, as NP grassknot will destroy Suicune.

Brikien93

Flygon Fan
Looks like a really solid team, and I don't have time for a full rate atm, but you might wanna fix a typo I noticed. You accidentally put lucarios entire moveset on Tyranitar. Seeing a babiri berry however, I can clearly tell it's a dragon dancer, but you should fix that so it doesn't cause any confusion among other raters.

I'll try and give an actual rate later when I have time.

EDIT: MajorGambit kinda beat me to it. On scizor, you have mention of Gallade, but there is no gallade on your team, so i'm assuming it's copied from a past RMT that used scizor and gallade.

Diarkia124

OK raters, I fixed the mentioned typos. I had rushed while editing this on Smogon.

ExplodingMuk

Cheese and Crackers
Lucario runs Lonley for a reason, the defense drop. Gliscor should go with Jolly, as you can outspeed Lucario and other Positive base 90's. Mixape is a problem, you cpould run Vaporeon over Suicune as it is a grewat counter to it.

mech king1

Fire trainer
looks pretty solid for me, good work

Diarkia124

About Mixape, I'm pretty sure it is stopped by Gliscor. Suicune runs Ice Beam to catch Celebi and Salamence off guard.

Xhizors

Banned
Your Rotom-H lacks some serious bulk. Without any Defence or HP EVs, it is unable to take repeated hits from hard hitters like Gyarados and Scizor. Just use this spread as it packs a lot of speed, hits hard and still has some bulk.

156 HP | 124 SpAtk | 228 Spe

With the given speed EVs, Rotom outspeeds all Base 130's like Jolteon, Aerodactyl and Crobat with the Scarf before tricking and Jolly Max Speed Breloom and Adamant Max Speed Mamoswine after it has used Trick. The HP EVs is for optimal Leftovers recovery point, that's of course, assuming you got Leftovers after Trick.

Absolute Silver

Master Trainer
Before I say anything, I wanna say I luv the lead! Awesum.

This team is good and the type synergy is pretty much perfect as it should be but you haven't really stated how they work together... but that doesn't really matter coz I got a very similar team to yours (4 of the same pokemon) which focuses on Dragon Dance Tyranitar. And I know how my team works together to get Tyranitar sweeping..

Anyways, about your Gyarados weak (once Rotom-H goes down from a possible pursuit), maybe add in Restalk Gyara with Stone Edge over the Suicune? It can take on opponent Gyarados, Mixape and Mamoswine, one of the more rare threats I see that can hit hard on your team. It can also safely switch into Blissey (but won't be able to set up like Suicune without Dragon Dance). There's still some more factors to consider though like Stealth Rock and a Vaporeon weakness if you replace Suicune with Gyarados.

Even though Gyarados can't take on Celebi, like Suicune can as you said, "It also counters ... Celebi." Your Gliscor is still a good switch into the usual Celebi if you can stick U-turn on it in somewhere. Even though Gliscor is physically orientated, it can take an average Celebi Grass Knot with ease, Roost of the damage and continue to keep the upper hand with U-turn. It also resists the common Thunder Wave from Celebi too. Toxic might work if you want to try and stall with Roost, but Celebi has Natural Cure.

These are just suggestions though, and if you don't lose much, I don't see why you should change anything.

johnXkid

Candlelight
Lucario runs Lonley for a reason, the defense drop. Gliscor should go with Jolly, as you can outspeed Lucario and other Positive base 90's. Mixape is a problem, you cpould run Vaporeon over Suicune as it is a grewat counter to it.

The only reason Lucario would EVER run a Lonely nature is on a Mixed set. All the attacks he needs to counter back are activating the sash anyway, like Swamperts EQ / Jirachi's Fire Punch / Hippowdons EQ and there is absolutely no reason to run a -Def nature on something that is already frail enough as is, and not to mention anti lead Lucario is just as likely to survive into the later stages of the game, and with a Lonely nature your now taking 29.54% - 34.88% from LO X Speed as opposed to the 26.33% - 31.32%, which is 3% more than you have to take, and that 3% doubles after a Swords Dance, meaning its 6% more than you have to take. There is also now a 10% chance that Scizor will 2HKO you with CB Bullet Punch with SR down, as opposed to a 0% chance with an Adamant nature. After a Def drop you are also taking 64.41% - 75.80% from CB Bullet Punch, as opposed to the 57.65% - 67.97% you take with Adamant.

Therefore, you sir, are wrong. Good day.

johny2hai

Future Olympian
On Suicune, to with Surf > ICe Beam, Surf gets STAB, so it'll hit harder. If you do replace ICe beam then you'll need something to handle Vaporeon.

ExplodingMuk

Cheese and Crackers
Vaporeon = Win. Lonely is better on LeadLuke to counter back neutral Earthquakes and such. *CoughT-TarandOvencough* He handles his Scizor just fine. Most Scizors today are CB anyway, [noobs]. Oh, yes. Vaporeon > Suicune because that would negate his Mixape problem and his 'Gyrados' problem, assuming Rotom is gone. No speed on Scizor as it ios best to beat other Scizors, i.e., Superpower battles or U-turn battles. Yes, Naive is better on Mixluke.

johnXkid

Candlelight
Vaporeon = Win. Lonely is better on LeadLuke to counter back neutral Earthquakes and such. *CoughT-TarandOvencough* He handles his Scizor just fine. Most Scizors today are CB anyway, [noobs]. Oh, yes. Vaporeon > Suicune because that would negate his Mixape problem and his 'Gyrados' problem, assuming Rotom is gone. No speed on Scizor as it ios best to beat other Scizors, i.e., Superpower battles or U-turn battles. Yes, Naive is better on Mixluke.

God didn't I already explain that Earthquake is going to activate Lucario's Sash anyway? What's the point of sacrificing defense on something that resists the majority of physical priority attacks? There is no point.

Also Vaporeon doesn't help with the NP Ape problem at all. NP Focus Blast OHKOs Vaporeon and the rest of his team regardless.

I commend you on the try, but you are wrong again.