• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Purely Offensive and Offensively Defensive

MajorGambit

God didn't I already explain that Earthquake is going to activate Lucario's Sash anyway? What's the point of sacrificing defense on something that resists the majority of physical priority attacks? There is no point.

Also Vaporeon doesn't help with the NP Ape problem at all. NP Focus Blast OHKOs Vaporeon and the rest of his team regardless.

I commend you on the try, but you are wrong again.

NP Ape runs Focus Blast in the same frequency Salamence uses Dragon Rage.

STFU! Also the chance of missing is HUGE! It won't be able to sweep. Seriously, shut up.

Reno

so adorable...
Actually, Focus Blast is incredible on NPApe. It allows it to OHKO most Blissey as well as use that +2 Special Attack to the max.

However, it is barely used, and Vaporeon is one of the best counters out there for Infernape.

looks pretty solid for me, good work

Best rate ever. You aren't new, so I'm pretty sure you know the rules. Please don't make this kind of posts, they aren't needed.

+2 NP Mixape cant 2HKO Suicune with Grass knot, IIRC. Could be wrong tho.

It doesn't matter wether it is a 2HKO or not because his Suicune only has Ice Beam. I assume you assumed he's going to take your advice and go with Surf. Btw, Suicune is 2HKO'd by a +2 Grass Knot from MixApe.

Your Rotom-H lacks some serious bulk. Without any Defence or HP EVs, it is unable to take repeated hits from hard hitters like Gyarados and Scizor. Just use this spread as it packs a lot of speed, hits hard and still has some bulk.

156 HP | 124 SpAtk | 228 Spe

With the given speed EVs, Rotom outspeeds all Base 130's like Jolteon, Aerodactyl and Crobat with the Scarf before tricking and Jolly Max Speed Breloom and Adamant Max Speed Mamoswine after it has used Trick. The HP EVs is for optimal Leftovers recovery point, that's of course, assuming you got Leftovers after Trick.

Blue Ace's Ev's ftw? At least mention him or, even better, don't just copy/paste them, and edit to fit the Op's needs better.

Anyways, Op, use 156 Hp/ 136 Sp.A/ 216 Spe. Is not a major edit but they do what they are needed for. Outruns max Spe Jolly Gyarados after a Dragon Dance by 2 points, meaning you outrun everything aiming to outrun Jolly Gyarados. Also, as Xhizors said, has bulk to take repeated hits from the hard hitters, in addition to reach an optimal Leftovers recovery point if you take a Leftovers with Trick. Higher Sp.A is always welcomed.

Also Vaporeon doesn't help with the NP Ape problem at all. NP Focus Blast OHKOs Vaporeon and the rest of his team regardless.

They (everyone who mentioned Vaporeon) meant Nasty Plot MixApe, not Nasty Plot Infernape. I guess you missed that.

Also, you're about the issue with Lucario. So, ExplodingMuk, stop arguing.

Just wanted to point that out before doing my rate. I'll edit this later.

Last edited:

Xhizors

Banned
Blue Ace's Ev's ftw? At least mention him or, even better, don't just copy/paste them, and edit to fit the Op's needs better.

O.O lol I guess I got caught stealing EV spreads again...

ExplodingMuk

Cheese and Crackers
And with a Lonely nature your now taking 29.54% - 34.88% from LO X Speed as opposed to the 26.33% - 31.32%, which is 3% more than you have to take, and that 3% doubles after a Swords Dance, meaning its 6% more than you have to take. There is also now a 10% chance that Scizor will 2HKO you with CB Bullet Punch with SR down, as opposed to a 0% chance with an Adamant nature. After a Def drop you are also taking 64.41% - 75.80% from CB Bullet Punch, as opposed to the 57.65% - 67.97% you take with Adamant.

Therefore, you sir, are wrong. Good day.

1. It is a 2HKO regardless if it gets a SD, assuming we are talking about Lucario.

2. Same as above. Although, everyone uses CB Scizor today.

All in all, it won't matter too much, because it can't KO Scizor iirc without a SD. It would only be important if you lose about 40% damage. I was just saying neutral earthquakes aren't going to do as much. Although, when I think about it, that won't really matter too much, as you will KO them. I was wrong.

johnXkid

Candlelight
NP Ape runs Focus Blast in the same frequency Salamence uses Dragon Rage.

STFU! Also the chance of missing is HUGE! It won't be able to sweep. Seriously, shut up.

Wow, you must not get out much if you've never seen NP Focus Blast Ape. Who cares if it "has a chance to miss"? It beats his team on paper, and thats what CRMT is for, telling the OP about their weakness' and in this case if he chooses to run Vaporeon to stop NPApe he will not always win.

And thanks for the offer but I'd perfer not to shut up, thanks!

MajorGambit

They are talking about NP Mixape.
Moveset:
~ Nasty Plot
~ Fire Blast / Flamethrower
~ Close Combat / Vacuum Wave
~ Grass Knot / Hidden Power Ice
No Focus blast. Got it?

Much thanks, ExplodingMuk.

If a move has a high chance to miss THAT MUST BE TAKEN IN CONSIDERATION. Specially on something as frail as Ape who is easily KOed by any neutral move coming from a good atacker or special attacker. That means it wn't be able to SWEEP, which is its PURPOSE.

Ok, so, if something cannot achieve its purpose, what do we call it? USELESS??

So, yeah, take the accurancy into consideration.

Diarkia124

I see everyone's point with the MixApe problem. What about Latias, HP Ice fails to 2HKO it.