• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Purpose of the Elite Four?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

Have they ever established exactly what purpose the Elite Four members of the various regions serve in the anime? We've seen all four of the Kanto Elite Four (Bruno, Lorelei, Lance, Agatha) and one of the Hoenn Elite Four (Drake), but they've never actually said what the Elite Four are.

Apparently they aren't part of the League challenges of their regions and we've never seen them battle anyone in any official capacity, just practice matches. What purpose do they serve?

Neko Godot

Hey! Listen!
It's basically just a rank that says "Haha! I'm a better trainer than you!" And league champions probably get to officially battle them after winning.

Kojho

The writers just use it as a plot device to classify powerful trainers like Drake :/

Ugobama

Yes i have wondered that too. But i will agree with Kagome Lover. Just a rank that encourages people to become great pokemon trainers. Maybe they are protectors of the regions in a way.

loonatic

Smart and sneaky
The Elite Four are more than likely four of the strongest known trainers in a region--or in cases like Kanto and Johto, two regions--who are either charged with or allowed to take justice into their own hands. Rather than calling Officer Jenny or the International Police, the Elite Four keep the order and peace themselves.

So where does that leave the league Champions like Lance and Cynthia? What purpose do they serve? Perhaps they are the same as the members of the Elite Four, just with a different title, because they have conquered the Elite Four.

Status
Not open for further replies.