• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky? (705)

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
That was the worst CGI quicksand ever.

It's really pretty, isn't it?
Somehow I think that Cilan's (he's the only one who doesn't have a walking Pokemon) going to get tired of Iris accidentally/attempting to catch Meowth in every episode, so he ends up catching the Nyagotiator himself. Or that fails, and it all becomes a running gag with every trainer that comes across the cat.

DragonTrainerBigRed

<No wall can stop me
I'm thinking about it, but it'll be a love themed one. If you catch my drift.

I also have another idea.

Meowth and Oshawott's reactions to Purrloin being male are funny.

[IMG139]http://gamecs.jp/usr/nasubi/イメージ612.jpg[/IMG139]

LOL! That has to be the best part of this ep. Can't wait to see how the dubbers will deal with this particular scene. :D

It's really pretty, isn't it?
Somehow I think that Cilan's (he's the only one who doesn't have a walking Pokemon) going to get tired of Iris accidentally/attempting to catch Meowth in every episode, so he ends up catching the Nyagotiator himself. Or that fails, and it all becomes a running gag with every trainer that comes across the cat.

Iris has every right to catch whatever the hell she wants, she doesn't have to answer to cilan, ash, or anyone else. And It has nothing do with cilan not having a walking pokemon, pansage could easily do that with cilan, but the creaters just don't think it's necessary for cilans character. With axew, it's different because iris is supposed to bond with it

people need to stop over thinking cilans role on the show, he's just the third wheel

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
people need to stop over thinking cilans role on the show, he's just the third wheel

Don't say that!!!!!! You'll make him sulk. You know what happens when Dento sulks? HE HAS A LITTLE FOONGUS ARMY PLAYING CARDS DATS WUT!!!! Then it'd just make me want to give him a hug and go D'aaaw so actually it's probably helping my fangirling. The only reason why Dento seems third wheel to you is because you're Iris bias. Heck, I'm Dento (and slightly Iris bias for some rather obvious reasons) and I'm even forgetting that Ash is the main star ._.; Like I KNOW he is, but I just don't pay attention to him.

Iris: u_u See Dento? I'm the co-star and YOU'RE JUST THERE
Dento: *sulk* ...."Let her get a big head....and then everything will go..." >:3 Just as Planned

Last edited:

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Iris has every right to catch whatever the hell she wants, she doesn't have to answer to cilan, ash, or anyone else. And It has nothing do with cilan not having a walking pokemon, pansage could easily do that with cilan, but the creaters just don't think it's necessary for cilans character. With axew, it's different because iris is supposed to bond with it

....Do you have to take such a rude tone with that post? Hmph!

I don't pay attention to Ash much either. Iris is what is making me watch the anime, I just love how independent she is, how she speaks her mind, and tries to take what she wants. Even though the capture didn't happen, I just love how she took out the pokeball and threw it at meowth because that's what she wanted

what bugs me the most about cilan is his food talk and his recipe phrases

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I don't pay attention to Ash much either. Iris is what is making me watch the anime, I just love how independent she is, how she speaks her mind, and tries to take what she wants. Even though the capture didn't happen, I just love how she took out the pokeball and threw it at meowth because that's what she wanted

what bugs me the most about cilan is his food talk and his recipe phrases

I like his food talk. I just love his Gratuitous English he'll speak in JP, plus I like how MamoMiya will change the tone,pitch of his voice at various times. Honestly, I don't feel the same way about Dento in English as I do in Japanese o.o;

I like his food talk. I just love his Gratuitous English he'll speak in JP, plus I like how MamoMiya will change the tone,pitch of his voice at various times. Honestly, I don't feel the same way about Dento in English as I do in Japanese o.o;

it's easier for people to like the japanese version better because you have no idea what they are saying, with english people are more judgemental because you know what they say. I like iris in japanese and english so it's no problem for me

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
it's easier for people to like the japanese version better because you have no idea what they are saying, with english people are more judgemental because you know what they say. I like iris in japanese and english so it's no problem for me

I don't like Iris in English either so it's a lose-lose situation for me, but seriously though Cilan just drrrraaaains Dento from his potential just because Japan set the bar pretty high for him ^^;

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Or you know, Cilan's fear of Purrloin will be as important as May's fear of Tentacruel(/Or Tentacool, not sure which) was. Though, I do want a flashback.

I thought the bit where they were getting sucked into the quicksand was exciting and the flashback scenes of Purrloin were sad(Not cry worthy), but still sad and so was the scene where Purrloin pleaded for forgiveness to the Tranquill.

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
People should really stop the fuss with Cilan all of a sudden. All of the past girls had something they were afraid of so it's nice for another boy to have one since Ash is somewhat fearless. But we've just starting to know about Cilan's worry and it took the girls a while to know and get over their fears so what makes us think that Cilan will let us know so soon about his fear.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
An ok filler. Not one of the better ones, but it was a lot better than the Detective Cilan one.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was really odd... It was cool to see Choroneko for the 1st time. Choroneko was one very sly Pokemon. He acts a lot like Emolga with his sneakiness and pretending he is a girl to trick the others. Mijumaru and Nyarth acted really weird... Hearts pumping out of each of their chests, Hearts in Mijumaru's eyes, pushing each other away to get to him, using Water Gun on the gang because of the comments they said. It did get old after awhile... Boy did Nyarth look extremely exhausted after trying so hard to get out of the Pokeball Iris threw. It looked like Dent was acting superstitious about Choroneko crossing the gang's path, or maybe it's just me... The quicksand looked really strange... as if it wasn't really quicksand even though it was. It was great to see Choroneko going to get Hatooboh to help everybody out. It was hilarious to find out that Choroneko was really a male, and that Nyarth and Mijumaru actually made a fool of themselves. Nyarth and Mijumaru really turned red after finding out the truth. The flashbacks of Choroneko and his trainer really helped make the reason Choroneko was so upset make a lot more sense. This episode really made me love Choroneko even more.

30/100

Last edited:

Remmie

blah blah sunset goodbye scene, blah blah Meowth and Oshawott keep hitting on Purrloin, blah bl-PURRLOIN IS A DUDE! Well, Meowth and Oshawott, there's nothing wrong with that, but I never would have thought you were...oh wait.
-Oshawott and Meowth freak out. Pfft, its their own damned fault for not being able to tell dudes from chicks. Maybe this wouldn't happen if they only dated within their own species.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Purrloin is MALE??? ...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!That`s the best one I ever heard. Huhuhuhu! OMG! That`s too funny! And now Meowth and Oshawott look so dumb. HAHAHAHA!

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Yup i don't think its a plan that meowth is gone.
The scene with Jessie and James on the rooftop

James: I wonder how Meowth is doing.
Jessie: My, James... are you worried?
James: That's not it. I was just thinking that tasks like these were his job.
Jessie: What's gone is gone. All right we'll carry this out tonight.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
ahhh, How I do love subs :)

This was quite the enjoyable episode. Subs are always fun .:386-s::648s:;479-w;:617:;117;;059;;059;;059;;059;;059;;059;;059;;059;:554::554:;442;;442;;442;;442;;442;

G50

No longer posting

=========

I think it was meant to be a trick on wording by the writers.

In other words, to make it appear as if that's what TR was inferring when saying those lines.

Supersonicbro

But that can still mean its a trick. They dont know whats happening to meowth because he cant contact him so james could be worried...even though he says he's not. But the "whats gone is gone" seemed a bit harsh....