• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky? (705)

Elision

Fall Apart.
O_O
I was shocked at Purrloin's little surplrise at the end. But Oshawott's and Meowth's reactions was the funniest thing I had ever seen! XP

I loved this episode. ^.^
And lots of Tranquill's were involved. All good, all good. :D

I was like "WTF, 10 year-old gone under!" when Ash was underneath the sand-pit like sand. Before being saved by those Tranquill's.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Judging by the photos, it looks like a boring episode. It's funny to see all the people that thought it would be caught wrong.

Jessie said things are going to get interesting. I have to agree.

I love the scene where iris almost catches meowth again, she seems to be getting closer and closer. Maybe they want the audience to get use to the idea of meowth being caught so when it does happen, they won't be as surprised

hope this becomes a running gag and then maybe she'll catch it in one of the attempts

gliscor&yanmega

Only seen the pictures so far. Doesn't seem eventful but looks funny enough to me.

Jessie and James are doing stuff which is great, looks like someone comes at the end, I can't wait to see the conclusion to all this.

Purrloin ended up being male? Wasn't sure why Meowth and Oshawott were shocked, I thought about Purrloin being male being the reason and I guess I was right judging from the posts in here. I would have prefer a different solution to the situation.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
So with "Iris nearly catches Meowth" being a new running gag, where is everyone who whined about Bianca and Zorua?

I dread to think where the resolution of this unfunny 'gag' is going... when Meowth warms up to her and changes his mind about getting captured, don't say I didn't warn you...

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I dread to think where the resolution of this unfunny 'gag' is going... when Meowth warms up to her and changes his mind about getting captured, don't say I didn't warn you...

Really though, the one who Meowth is bonding to is Dento (or maybe the other way around xD) Dento is the one who trusted him/healed him/looks out for him while Iris only tried catching him once and another by accident. I think since Meowth is a Pokemon who doesn't have a Poke Ball and he walks with a group, he could for temporary be Dento's "walking Pokemon" I thought of this when I saw how Axew, Pikachu and Meowth was kidnapped in the next episode and Dento was doing something with the berries/spicy things in Meowth's mouth/

Really though, the one who Meowth is bonding to is Dento (or maybe the other way around xD) Dento is the one who trusted him/healed him/looks out for him while Iris only tried catching him once and another by accident. I think since Meowth is a Pokemon who doesn't have a Poke Ball and he walks with a group, he could for temporary be Dento's "walking Pokemon" I thought of this when I saw how Axew, Pikachu and Meowth was kidnapped in the next episode and Dento was doing something with the berries/spicy things in Meowth's mouth/

that's not really bonding, that's just cilan's personality with all pokemon, helping them when they need help or something

cilan's role is no different than brock's, in the case of him just being that "third person of the group" that's taller than everyone else

there is nothing cilan can offer meowth, however with iris theres more options since she's on a actual quest of growth and has a purpose on the show

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
that's not really bonding, that's just cilan's personality with all pokemon, helping them when they need help or something

Not really...I mean he IS bonding with him seeing as how it's Meowth getting those overly dramatic scenes, and him helping. Iris is the Med. in that group, so why doesn't she feed him and heal him? Dento's the one worrying about him so why is it Dento the most often and not Iris and Ash? Why did they have Dento be the one to openly trust him? Why is it Dento healing him? Why is Meowth pulling Dento by the vest? You have to ask yourself that.

cilan's role is no different than brock's, in the case of him just being that "third person of the group" that's taller than everyone else

Nah. I don't believe that. If Dento was anything like Brock I probably wouldn't take notice to him. Dento is just highlighted more, and he has the personality to become a great character.

there is nothing cilan can offer meowth, however with iris theres more options since she's on a actual quest of growth and has a purpose on the show

Ok. If someone DOES get Meowth (even though I want him to go back to TRio) how does it help Iris in any way/shape/form? She's a dragon master. What use would be a talking Pokemon that can't even battle be to her? Dento's a Pokemon Sommelier that helps between Pokemon/Human relationships and Meowth is a Nyagotiator which deals with Pokemon/Pokemon relationships. They just go hand in hand. Also Dento and Meowth have a lot in common. Both were detectives, both are optimistic

A dragon master in raising axew, however her pokemon team has shown that she's not bounded to just catching dragons

LMAO you see one picture of cilan and meowth and suddenly you think they are married now?? how sad and naive of you

cilan is always caring for pokemon, that's his job. He'll help meowth like he would do with any other pokemon, but meowths relationship with iris is different, a type of relationship that has opened the door of him being caught

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
If it weren't for TR, this ep would be pointless.

Yay, Oshawott has been emotionally scarred for life!

Now he can lock himself in his pokeball for the rest of Unova and Ash can finally train his other Pokemon! =D

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Deep in a forest, on a tree branch...there's no sign of the twerps. But there is a Purrloin! And it's eyeing a Tranquill nest!
-Now it's swiping some berries...
-And now it's being chased by a flock of angry Tranquill!
-Back to the twerps...ahahah, Pikachu is just GLARING at Meowth.
-And Meowth is gushing with tears after Ash tells Pikachu to give 'em a chance.
-Then Purrloin bumps into Meowth. And...it's lust at first sight! And Dento freaks out immediately!
-It still weirds me out to see Purrloin walking on two legs.
-Purrloin busts out its sob story about being in danger, and Dento ain't buying it...which pissed Meowth off, of course.
-And then the Tranquill catch up, but Pikachu and Oshawott give them the beat down.
-And of course, Oshawott is also smitten with Purrloin. At least Meowth was still a cat! Water otters have no excuse!
-Dento's constant suspicious face is far too amusing. Probably because I'm used to him ALWAYS having a smile plastered on his face.
-AHAHAHAHA Oshawott just Water Gunned Dento for doubting Purrloin. And it Water Gunned Ash for...uh...something.
-Since when does Ash have a bunch of Sitrus Berries with him?
-After more banter, Iris...decides to catch Purrloin. Because...it will...help her be a...Dragon Master? What? Just admit you want it because you think it's cute!
-And then Meowth jumps into the line of fire. But breaks out of the Pokeball, of course.
-Where the hell did Meowth get that bouquet of roses from?
-Purrloin sneaks away while Meowth and Oshawott are too busy being knocked out ~by love~
-Back at Anville Town...that's quite a camera lens James has!
-Purrloin sneaks back to the twerps with a tale about how its friends are in danger! They(except for Dento) buy it, of course.
-And Purrloin leads them up a cliff, which Iris jumps up while everyone else has to climb.
-Back with Dento...he's shivering in fear/disgust at the mere thought of Purrloin!
-But then a girl in a cast approaches him. She's looking for her Purrloin, and it's pretty obvious which Purrloin she's talking about.
-Back with Purrloin, it's leading everyone deep into a cave. And it somehow convinces Ash to hand over his backpack to Meowth.
-That's quite a pit! And with some rather unstable-looking stuff surrounding it. Which all ends up being used by Purrloin to make its getaway(backpack of berries in tow, of course) while Ash and the others are further below.
-But at least it has the heart to check back with them when their footing collaspes below them.
-And right then, Purrloin's trainer(and Dento) shows up!
-Purrloin's not too happy with its trainer, it seems...from Purrloin's point of view, it got abandoned!
-But its trainer points out that she kind of broke her arm.
-Also OOPS EVERYONE WHO ISN'T DENTO, BROKEN ARM GIRL, OR PURRLOIN IS STANDING IN QUICKSAND.
-How convenient that there was a rope laying around.
-...why doesn't Ash recall Oshawott to its Pokeball? I mean really.
-Oops, Dento and Broken Arm Girl fell in too. Guess they're all fucked. See you next series, everyone!
-Purrloin runs off somewhere, and Ash has Snivy use Vine Whip to try to pull them up. It's not really working, though.
-Iris and Dento send out Excadrill and Pansage to help pull on the rope...so...uh...why don't they send the REST of their Pokemon to help out too?
-Oh wait, the rope's breaking. TOO BAD.
-And then a flock of Tranquill saves everyone. Deus Ex Birdia?
-blah blah sunset goodbye scene, blah blah Meowth and Oshawott keep hitting on Purrloin, blah bl-PURRLOIN IS A DUDE! Well, Meowth and Oshawott, there's nothing wrong with that, but I never would have thought you were...oh wait.
-Oshawott and Meowth freak out. Pfft, its their own damned fault for not being able to tell dudes from chicks. Maybe this wouldn't happen if they only dated within their own species.
-Back in Anville...Team Rocket Helicopter! Things are going to happen in Nimbasa ohboyohboyohboy.

Not particularly eventful, but the OH HEY DUDE LOOKS LIKE A LADY bit at the end made it all worth it. I've seen people whining about Dento not explaining his Purrloin fear(mostly on other sites; people here seem to be more preoccupied with Purrloin's gender), but I figure it doesn't matter if he doesn't yet. After all, this means that it can be A Thing, and(more importantly for Dento's character) a flaw.

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
I've seen people whining about Dento not explaining his Purrloin fear(mostly on other sites; people here seem to be more preoccupied with Purrloin's gender), but I figure it doesn't matter if he doesn't yet. After all, this means that it can be A Thing, and(more importantly for Dento's character) a flaw.

And it gives him another chance to catch one. :D

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Oh boy. Both Meowth and Oshawott got shocked when he finds out that Purrlion happened to be a male.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
And it gives him another chance to catch one. :D

Not really. Why base an entire episode around a Pokemon that ended up belonging to a COTD, if they really wanted Cilan with one. Unless it gets a 6th gen evolution.

But anyway, I didn't think it was bland. It went from the intro, to a Meowth and Oshawott love admiration for Purrloin, then to them going into the cave, to the complication of the group ending up, sinking in the quicksand, before a flock of Tranquill saved them.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Not really. Why base an entire episode around a Pokemon that ended up belonging to a COTD, if they really wanted Cilan with one. Unless it gets a 6th gen evolution.

But anyway, I didn't think it was bland. It went from the intro, to a Meowth and Oshawott love admiration for Purrloin, then to them going into the cave, to the complication of the group ending up, sinking in the quicksand, before a flock of Tranquill saved them.

WEEEELLLL seeing as how there are still loopholes as to why Dento is afraid of them and seeing as how it was foreshadowed I think it will have even more to do with his character. Maybe he'll meet an S Class Sommelier who has one (and the Purrloin is one of their "weak, needing to be raised Pokemon") and they bash Dento's tastings...or heck himself for being afraid of the Pokemon. After seeing him freak out more (which I don't think was meant to be funny well at least I was all "Aaaawww poor guy D=") there is definitely something there that will effect his character in the long run. Unless the writers forget, but I don't think they will.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
O__________________________________o

I did not see that coming.

Meowth almost gets captured again, though? Cool. Provided, of course, the writers actually go somewhere with this, maybe let Meowth get caught...

Meowth may get caught later on though.

I was suprised that purrloin could stand on its back lets, let alone how often it did that 0_o. Poor meowth had to learn how to walk on two legs and here purrloin does it so easily XD. And meowths face after escaping from the pokeball that was meant for purrloin is hilarious XD!