• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pursuing A Lofty Goal (586)

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
Man, this episode spelled testosterone all over it. I love this episode. Everything about it was action packed. Not a boring second. I never thought a bird Pokemon contest would be so trilling. Paul is one of the best. He really does make you wanna watch when you're too tired~yawns~ to.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've never really been a big fan of PokeRinger, but I was pleased that the Sinnoh Now news crew appeared here and that James got his chance to compete using Jessie's Yanmega. Seeing Paul was neat as well, especially since his Honchkrow beat that Dragonite. I thank God that Ash's Staraptor proved to be superior to Honchkrow though.

JudySpell

Banned
Pokeringer competitions were a good idea but seeing 2 of Ash's bird Pokemon evolve in them wasn't very original. I liked seeing Paul though. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked seeing Pokeringer again, especially since James, Ash and Paul got involved in the activity. Honchkrow vs Staraptor was really exciting to watch and Mamoswine eating the prize food was funny. :]

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
You really have to give props to Honchkrow. That thing took down a freaking Dragonite with no major problems. The way that bird looks at his opponents is rather creepy and intimidating, almost channeling his trainer.

Alloutℯ

Banned
It's been a long time since we've seen Dragonite. James, how could you let that happen to you? Oh well, at least he takes it in stride. Close Combat. Umm...but Flying resists Fighting.

Vipsoccermaster

Good Poké Ringer episode, even if it follows too close to the Hoenn version. It was good to see Staravia evolve into Staraptor and take the win over Paul and his Honchkrow. Good to see Ash beat Paul at a competition for only Flying-Type Pokémon, and not an actual battle. Too bad for James, he didn't get as much love here as he hoped to have.

Shayuin

Banned
Staravia finally evolved didn't see that one coming lol... ohh I just remember that's the exact same way Taillow evolved.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Good Poké Ringer episode, even if it follows too close to the Hoenn version.

This was my main issue with this competition; that it was far too much like the Houen one, complete with one of Satoshi's Flying-types evolving. The only exciting thing here was seeing Shinji compete and actually lose.

Daizy

I call you honey
The Staraptor vs Honchkrow stuff was excellent. Lots of strategy was shown which I loved. I also loved how Staraptor used Close Combat to wipe the grin off of Honchkrow's face and finished up with a slap.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I now feel that Satoshi's Mukuhawk only managed to outwit Shinji's Donkarasu here based on the fact that Donkarasu might've been lacking proper training since Shinji hardly used him before this episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
PokemonBattleFanatic said:
I doubt it

Well we hadn't seen Shinji use him much prior to this point in the saga, plus he stopped using him once the Shinou League began, so maybe he considered him subpar. It's just my theory, however.

Scorbunnie

Paul's Honchkrow competing with Ash's Staraptor in the end seemed to symbolize that Ash was getting closer to reaching Paul's tier as a trainer.

I grew to like Honchkrow more after this episode because before this aired I thought Honchkrow wasn't any good but I have since changed my mind.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
The fight choreography in this episode kicked ass actually. Air battles like this always have a great sense of motion but Staraptor vs Honchkrow here felt so dynamic and full of impact. Staraptor learning Close Combat was awesome. Honchkrow is ridiculously cool as well, it’s such a menacing Pokémon with so much presence. A mob boss crow? Come on