• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pursuing A Lofty Goal (586)

I think someone mentioned that Iwane was the animator for this one. Brilliant choice for this, considering the last evolution episode...yeah, let's not go there.

Anyway, I haven't seen it yet (I haven't had too much time recently to spend watching videos), but I've looked through the episode pics. I have to say this looks like a very good episode. Of course, I'm not able to fully judge until I see pictures, but first impressions can go a long way.

What would really be awesome in the dub would be for our Samurai guy to get a similar/same voice as before. Any idea who voiced Samurai originally?

That would be Jimmy Zoppi.

Also, for that MUKU- roundhouse kick.

View attachment 2274

and the folks working on next weeks episode are:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Anime_staff_by_episode_(DP111-DP120)#DP118

Ya know, I'm always fascinated how there are different teams of animators for each episode. Learning from others is quite fun.

Last edited:

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
One of my fav episodes in DP.
I didn't expect Close Combat is that great attack, it seems Staravia's personality works on Staraptor.
wow, just look at Staraptor's hair when he was trying to avoid Honchkrow attacks! Iwane, you're awesome.

Now, we can officially assuming that Staraptor is powerful pokemon, isn't he?

PokemonHero

I can see the future
so what did ash get for winning? is it just a boring certificate?

I believe it was a certificate, a trophy, and a good supply of food. Unfortunately, it doesn't take much thinking to figure out what happened to the food.

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
I believe it was a certificate, a trophy, and a good supply of food. Unfortunately, it doesn't take much thinking to figure out what happened to the food.

awww man i was hoping it was some intense item that would affect the plot....but seeing how soothe bell played out i guess it wouldnt matter anyways D:

Isis-sama

Nice to see Paul flinch a bit when Staraptor evolved. The bird wasn't doing all that badly against Honchkrow before it evolved . . . once it did, Paul was in trouble, and even though he wouldn't admit it, he knew it.

And the animation with the hawk was awesome as well - I can see this becoming a theme, the animators putting Staraptor in positions that make him resemble other anime heroes with their "cool" hair . . . it was amazing how much they made that stand out after the evolution.

The Bird is dead. Long live the Hawk!

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Just reuse his character design.

It's no big deal, they've done it countless times. I dunno if the animators are just lazy, or if they put it in for long-time fans to notice.

Also, Samurai minus armor is a pretty generic character design anyway.

Buck The Bidoof Masta

No HM Slaves Here
Im not sure if its just e, but from the episode pics Raptor seemed to be a bit more doofy than before. Its probably just me.

Glad to see Ash is getting back into the habit of using fully-evolved Pokemon.

...I give it two more gyms before he releases it.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)

A) "Habit"? It's not like he starts out a region with final evolutions.
B) "Releases"? Have you not watched this series for 10 years? Even if you're referring to being dropped off at Oak's lab, Mukuhawk has some pretty high odds of making it into a filler saga, seeing as how Ash never leaves home without a generic regional flyer.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I wouldn't mind if Pokeringer became a regular thing. It showed that there is enough variety with this to keep it interesting a second time.

The only problem is there aren't any other flying Pokemon on the cast at the moment to keep this from being a rehash if they do it a third time.

Surprised Dawn didn't find a way to enter with Gliscor or someone, May entered the last one with Beautifly although she lost quickly.

HoennMaster

I wish I hadn't read this thread, boring whining over a bird. I love Staravia, but Staraptor is way better.

Pretty good episode. Glad to see that Staraptor actually got a battle after evolving. Swellow won easily after winning.

Shame James lost so early, but I blame Yanmega for that

James didn't even give it one order despite plenty of time to do so. It's more his fault. He did fine in the last PokéRinger.

God, they made us wait so long for Staraptor that I can't believe it finally happened.

I still remember almost 2 and a half years ago when Starly evolved and everyone got excited thinking Staraptor would be a short times away. Boy did things change.

Was Staravia really all that brain damaged? He seemed completely normal to me.

It's had brain damage since Ash hit the poor dear with a Pokéball.

And I can't wait to hear Staraptor's dub voice.

It will be the same as all the other Staraptor we've seen. (DP001, DP066, DP071, etc)

thunderblade12

There are only two gyms left for one.

And just because its similar to Pidgeot in the fact that they're both normal/flying type bird pokemon that Ash has obtained doesn't mean its going to have the same fate. Ash doesn't even release pokemon any more.

Staraptor has about as much chances of being released as Infernape does of disobeying Ash upon evolving, being frozen by a Poliwrath before learning to obey Ash and then being left at the "Infernific Valley" to train in the 5th generation land.

Orphee

no need to be upset
This was an awesome episode, seeing how Honchkrow was kicked in the face... priceless, now close combat is one of my fav anime's moves (a lot better than the Jun's Staraptor one)....
I hope Ash will use it against Candice...

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I wonder what Ash's Staraptor will look like next to Juns...IIRC, Juns Staraptor was barely bigger than Chimchar.

and also, they just HAVE to pass back through Veilstone and see Reggie now.