• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pursuing A Lofty Goal (586)

It's the morning, weekend, and I'm procrastinating.
What better way to procrastinate than watch the latest dub.
There's alot of rambling in the following chunk of text, you have been warned.

-Hurrah for Pokeringer!
-Nice music :eek:
-Ah, a good ol' over-reaction from James when the group yells hello at his face. But then, I wouldn't enjoy it if three people went right up to my face and yelled hello, either.
-Ha. James is right... "Oh, I forgot that the twerps wouldn't recognise me even if I paid them".
-When I first saw the Pokeringer score screen, I thought it was just a frame of metal, with the sky visible behind it. xD But that scoreboard is awesome.
-If you ask me, Ash got REALLY lucky with that gust in the first round... D:
-How predictable, having Paul win against a 4x champion.
-Annoying stereotypical Australian accent... ;-; We don't sound like that. At least, most of us don't.
-One hit to take out a Dragonite? That's one seriously underpowered Dragonite, and one seriously over-powered Honchkrow. -.-
-Wow. Considering how well James did in the last Pokeringer, that was pathetic. He should have at least made it past the first round...
-Even though I already knew it was Ash and Paul in the finals, I have to say, it would have been easy to guess it even if I had no idea what the episode was about beforehand.
-I really need to find ut the name of the Sinnoh battle music in the anime...
-Lol at Honchkrow's reaction to Staravia stealing the ring. Slow, much?
-Yay, Staravia evolves! :3
-Brock's wrong, Honchkrow is Dark / Flying, so Close Combat would not be super effective.
-The first and only time Ash has beaten Paul...
-Geez, Paul really needs to be nicer to his Pokemon... I feel sorry for Honchkrow.
-Mamoswine sure can eat.
-I never realised Staraptor was so big... It's the same height as Ash.
-Is that the movie intro music I hear at the end? :eek: and Advance Adventure was used in the battle too... <3 How nostalgic, brings back memories of the last Pokeringer.

Well, that episode was good, but so predictable. At least Ash finally won something against Paul.

Shadow XD001

The Pokeringer thing was great. I'm glad Staravia finally evolved. When Ash didn't understand what Paul said when he said "It took long enough." my thought was "He means Staravia took awhile to evolve, duh!

I loved hearing that old music from Hoenn in there, too. I thought the top 4 should have been Ash, Paul, Provo, and James(e). Then eliminate James(e), then Provo, and then Paul and Ash wins.

Nonetheless, this was great.

halloweenghost

Awesome episode! This is my favorite episode in some time! pure awesome!

The end was awesome with the movie intro music.. it's stuff like this that make me proud to be a pokemon trainer.

JohnLee

Staravia did take a long time to evolve!
One of the best episodes so far this season!
I definitely liked the animation for close combat when it was used against honchkrow!

Brumrha

Banned
A place in which sudden wind gusts are the norm. Perfect place for a PokeRinger Competition, isn't it? It adds quite a bit of drama, as the fight can turn around in the blink of an eye.

Ash decides to participate in this competition, but he also crosses paths with his punk rival, Paul. As we get along this, it turns out that the previous champion of this competition is nothing more than a heavy metal punk from the 1980s, & he's even worse than Paul when it comes to looks. He has a Dragonite, & why he was able to win the last competition is something that only the gods know, as Paul owned his Dragonite & made his previous victory look like a fluke.

Fast forward to the finals, & it looks like Ash & Paul will face off against each other once more. Staravia has the best speed & strength, but Paul's Honchkrow has got ranged attacks in the form of Dark Pulse, plus the fact that Paul can use the wind to his advantage. After some more fighting, Staravia is down, but after some more encouragement he get upgraded into a Staraptor, which now has Close Combat at his disposal. Eventually they have a heated dispute which ends up sending the ring flying out into the air, & as Honchkrow tries to grab it, Staraptor uses his wing & knock it onto the goal post, which gives Ash the win.

For his victory, he gets an honorary citizen title in the town where the competition is held in, & several huge boxes of Pokemon food, which Dawn's Mamoswine downs in a snap. But possibly the best reward for Ash for participating is seeing Ash's Staravia upgrade.

& Paul still is a punk... not to mention a sore loser.

*continues to linger around*

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
Okay, who here thinks the best part of this episode is when Staravia evolves.

Vernikova

Champion
I really liked this episode. James using Jessie's Yanmega was pretty cool. It was funny to see him try to predict where the wind was going to come from and fail. It would've been nice to see Paul and Ash battle more trainers but it seems that the time wouldn't allow it. The battle between Ash and Paul was pretty good. Honchcrow cemented itself as an extremely powerful Pokémon during this competition so I'll be looking forward next time when Ash battles Paul. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

STICKTOPIA

Okay, who here thinks the best part of this episode is when Staravia evolves.
who wouldn't think it was the best part of the episode? another best part is ash defeating paul in SOMETHING.

Linkdarkside

heh the kid james lost to was Samurai practically the first character of the day.

i think the the punk whit the dragonite was a previus character too but i dont know.

STICKTOPIA

heh the kid james lost to was Samurai practically the first character of the day.

i think the the punk whit the dragonite was a previus character too but i dont know.
no he was never seen b4.

JohnLee

I really liked this episode. I was really disappointed about James' performance compared to the last PokéRinger episode though.

I agree! I thought he was atleast going to make it to the final four! Not get beaten by a little kid and a skiploom. It was pretty funny when James was acting all confident about the wind gusts.

masterleo

Order Up!
It was pretty funny when James was acting all confident about the wind gusts.

Wind Fail.

As a flying type fan, I was SO glad to see this episode in english.

STICKTOPIA

I really liked this episode. I was really disappointed about James' performance compared to the last PokéRinger episode though.
yea james made it to the finals in the pokeringer contest. he was too over-confident. james made JESSIES yanmega look bad. she aint gonna be happy o_O

Rebeccag

Great episode. Really enjoyed that
Laughed when Mamoswime ate all the food though hehe
And when Starraptor used Close Combat as well i really like that. Looked like a great move
Starraptor is huge as well. I didnt realise it was going to be so big!

Brock said that Starapter's close combat is super effective to Honchkrow as a dark type.
But Honchkrow also a flying type so it won't make a super effect :p

This is all reminds me of history!
1.Sinnoh has Pokeringer Competition just like in Houenn.
2.Its that boy from the old episode!
1236852688489.jpg

EP4275.jpg

3.Ash's Staravia evolved just like his pigiotto he had in the old episode!
4.And Mamoswine ate all the food that ash had won straight away. Just like ash's snorlax did in johto or somthing.

Last edited:

PamperedPersian1

Overall, I'm surprised how good I thought this episode was. The last Pokeringer competition, I pretty much just stared and looked at the pretty birdies beat each other up and grab the rings... This time, however, I actually liked the Pokemon they used, especially Dragonite, someone we haven't seen in a while in the anime, even though it was owned with one attack... Sad story. And Ash finally wins against emo-boy... woo-hoo...

Anyway, I actually didn't like that James was defeated in the first round... by a flying flower.... I at least would have liked for him to get to the semi-finals and be pwned by Paul... This makes him seem more like Jessie... well, not so much anymore... but that's besides the point... After actually being a challenge in most episodes it was in, Yanmega finally had an epic fail and truly joined TR... Speaking of TR, it seems they've realized that the "twerps" can't recognize them if they don't have the shiny, giant red R on their chest and wear shades they've worn in half the episodes! Yay!

The battle between Honchkrow and Staraptor was actually good, especially the Close Combat; Honchkrow was the first to face the wrath of... MUKUHAWK!

... Ahem... anyway, to wrap this up Staraptor actually looks cool... why did it have to be stuck with Ash and be destined to get Oaked? Finally, epic reincarnation of Taz by Mamo! And that will be all...

buizel kid

this episode was brilliant