• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pursuing A Lofty Goal (586)

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Was it me or before the theme played did anyone think Ash sounded a lot like Veronica Taylor? After the theme he had his PUSA voice again. It just sounded like the old voice strange...

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
It was an awesome episode, thats for sure. I loved the part where it was James Vs that kid! He kept on predicting the winds wrong, lol

STICKTOPIA

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well Staravia evolved in this episode, and that was the best part I think. It's a shame that the anime producers waited this long to have Ash obtain a Staraptor though. It was also a shame seeing Staravia evolve the same way as Ash's Taillow: in a PokeRinger Competition. I was hoping for something more flashy but I got the same PokeRinger stuff from Hoenn. Not much of an improvement. Still, it was nice to see Staravia evolve. 6/10.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think it's the best D/P episode.
the battles were great, Paul fighting vs Ash again, and Ash beat him.
And the best thing, Ash's Staravia evolving.

firestar319

The Marauder
The highlight of this episode was definitely Staravia evolving to Staraptor. Its one of the best evolutions in the show (in japanese)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Although I don't mind episode and movie sequels, I really don't like ones that are more of a remake of the original. This episode follows "That's Just Swellow" WAY too closely. At least if they could have avoided the bird pokemon evolution, that would have been a plus. Maybe if James could have won this time around it would have been nice, but at least they didn't have the heartbreaking loss of the previous episode (at least they made up for it by having James win the orienteering competition in season nine).

Overall, though, this episode suffers from being too much like its original episode. They should have done things a bit different, then I would have liked it better. At least Staraptor learned close combat, though.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This episode was great, it just like Wobbanut said, followed the previous Pokeringer episode a bit too close, but I really liked it! It was action packed, had nice pacing, and cool pokes participating. The evolution was just icing on the cake and it didn't even feel forced as we had seen Staravia for a long time.

I loved this episode, but I had thoughts of Paul's Honchkrow winning against Ash's Staraptor, but all in all, the end result of Ash's Staraptor winning was just fine with me. What a strong flying type! :)

Also, I was very happy to see that Staravia evolved. :D xD

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Have we seen this evovltion Before ?In the first PokeRinger Competition,Tailow evovled into Swellow,and Staravia did the same in this episode.This episode is like the earlyer PokeRinger Episode.

8/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
This episode was great, it just like Wobbanut said, followed the previous Pokeringer episode a bit too close, but I really liked it! It was action packed, had nice pacing, and cool pokes participating. The evolution was just icing on the cake and it didn't even feel forced as we had seen Staravia for a long time.

Well the Pokeringer in Hoenn was better than this pokeringer, because May participated there. and the battles were better.

Staravia was poor there, after it evolved Honchkrow was stil stronger, Staraptor's new move left it as a winner.

Torpoleon

This episode is different from the Hoenn one. Ash's rival appeared in the Sinnoh one, the main girl only appeared in the Hoenn one and Ash's Staraptor learned a new move, whereas Swellow did not. I like this episode better than the Hoenn one.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
This episode is different from the Hoenn one. Ash's rival appeared in the Sinnoh one, the main girl only appeared in the Hoenn one and Ash's Staraptor learned a new move, whereas Swellow did not. I like this episode better than the Hoenn one.

Well too bad that in this episode Ash beat only two rivals (Paul and the trainer with the Skarmory) like in Hoenn (James and Volbeat). about the move this one was better, but with James in Hoenn it was better, James was hardly did something this time.

Torpoleon

Well too bad that in this episode Ash beat only two rivals (Paul and the trainer with the Skarmory) like in Hoenn (James and Volbeat). about the move this one was better, but with James in Hoenn it was better, James was hardly did something this time.
Although Paul's Honchkrow didn't neccisarilly faint during the match with Ash's Staraptor.

randomspot555

There aren't many episodes of the Pokemon anime that really need to be re-watched.

I've re-watched this one several times, probably about a dozen. Maybe it's because I skipped out on most of Advance, but this is one of my favorite episodes of Pokemon. The background music is perfect, Ash's victory over a rival and one of my favorite Pokemon appearing (Staraptor) with one of my favorite moves (Close Combat).

S.Suikun's tribute to Mukubird was beautiful and is bringing tears to my eyes. Right Click-Save As those pics.

^ I just hope that Staravia is big enough for Ash to ride on.

You mean Staraptor, right?

If you mean Staravia, then no way is he big enough to support Ash without almost getting himself killed.

It doesn't look like he's big enough...yet.

He's definitely big enough that he'd be able to support him, but only for so long. Then he'd get tired from lifting that much weight. (not that I'm saying that Ash needs to lose weight.)

Considering this episode wasn't a gym match, it was actually a pretty decent episode.
Especially since it had Dragonite in it, My favorite dragon Pokemon!
Poor thing got beat too quickly!
And Staraptors hair! That should be a new hair style!

I haven't seen the other Pokeringer competition episode that some of you mentioned, so I have no idea what anyone's talking about then. (That's when I was off Pokemon for a while)

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
This episode was a ripper.... what an intense air battle between Ash and Paul...Staraptor and Honchkrow were totally even but nice shot at the end by Staraptor

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. It was cool to finally see Staravia evolve into Staraptor. At the best time too, against a really strong Pokemon that was made the Pokeringer Finals uneven. Honchkrow vs Staraptor was a much more even match for the Finals. It was cool to see Close Combat attack for the 1st time, it looks really cool for a move unusual for Flying Pokemon. This Pokemon Ringer competition was a lot better than the 1st one.

79/100