• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PUSA takes over licensing from 4Kids

Just want to clear up that other thread I made, since many people seem to have missed my edited post and my posts explaining the sitch. I, as well as others, totally misinterpreted the meaning of the press release. 4Kids is going to continue dubbing the Pokemon anime, nothing will change at all on that front. 4Kids, these past eight years, has been in charge of the merchandising of Pokemon. When someone wants to use a Pokemon on their product, they would contact 4Kids and 4Kids would handle the licensing. However, now Pokemon USA (PUSA) will do that. Thus, it really had nothing to do with the Anime itself at all. Nothing will change with Pokemon, be assured of that. 4Kids will probably dub Pokemon until it ends in the year 4012. :p

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
I can't wait to see everybody all happy from Christmas come back and read this! :D

Pinky the Mew

I am a master!
I was just going to do this Post!! DAMN IT YOU BEAT ME TO IT! No problem, no confrontation. ;151;

However I do have some more detail I'll post them after I take a bath excuse me. *leaves*

PDL

disenchanted
lol, won't the anti-4kids crowd be dissapointed...

oh well, as long as the show's improved in some way, I'll be glad

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
If its any consolation, it means they're going to lose a fair amount of money over this, correct? If the sum of money they'll loose from the merchandising front is a considerable amount for them to worry about, perhaps it will urge them to stop splashing their cash on ridiculous editing and rescoring of music?
I seriously doubt they'd lose enough to make them start worrying about such things, and I guess that makes this post pretty damn pointless. But its a nice thought I guess ^.^

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
4kids won't get to keep all the spoils for themselves then. The only good that could come out of this is 4kids keeping more of the original soundtrack and that's about it.

Oh well, at least my biggest fear of all the voices changing has been averted. Guess my sig makes no sense now eh?

Pinky the Mew

I am a master!
Okay this is info from Pokemonelite2000.com:
Press Release:

Pokemon USA Moves Licensing In-House in 2006

4Kids Entertainment to Transition Its Representation of Pokemon

4Kids Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: KDE) and Pokemon USA, Inc., announced today that they have agreed not to renew the Pokemon representation agreement set to expire on December 31, 2005. Beginning in 2006, Pokemon USA, Inc.'s in-house licensing group will handle all Pokemon licensing outside of Asia.

"We felt it was in the best interest of the Pokemon property for Pokemon USA, Inc., to assume all aspects of licensing," said Akira Chiba, President of Pokemon USA, Inc. "This was a brand management decision. We would like to thank 4Kids for all of its great work over the last eight years in helping to establish Pokemon as one of the leading children's brands in the world."

"4Kids has had a successful eight-year exclusive relationship with the Pokemon property that will be expiring at year end," said Alfred R. Kahn, Chairman and CEO of 4Kids Entertainment. "Over the next month, 4Kids will assist Pokemon USA, Inc., in its transition to in-house representation. We wish Pokemon USA much success going forward."

Under the terms of the expiring Pokemon USA, Inc. - 4Kids representation agreement, 4Kids will continue to receive commissions for the next several years on payments made under existing Pokemon license agreements whose term expires after December 31, 2005. It is expected that commissions earned by 4Kids from the Pokemon property will decline over the course of the next several years. 4Kids will also continue next year to produce the current eighth season of Pokemon television episodes.

What does this mean?
4kids still owns all of the the current season of Pokemon: Advanced Battle so everything will stay the same until the end of it which maybe in April or June not sure when advance battle stops and goes into seson 9.

The shows that are shown in Japan right now are the one we are going to see changes in and it's too early to say what it is right now.

Good changes that might happen:
-Pokemon back in theatres!
-Uncensored episodes (will we see guns at last?)
-Episodes that DON'T Include Ash & pikachu

Back in the first season, it was said Mew made an appearance in many an episode before the first movie came out. Those episodes never made to american shores. Errrrrr!;151;

Bad things that might happen:
-Like it was just said the voice actors may have a recast. We may not hear those familair voices anymore.....
-It might not be Shown on Kids WB! Both Pokemon and DBZ once appeared only on UPN (in my area). But when they were bought and sold they went to another T.V. Station.

But do not fear, change is good such is life. And buisness is buisness.
;151;

Heracross

Custom User Title
Pinky the Mew said:
-Episodes that DON'T Include Ash & pikachu
The specials have been dubbed, they just have yet to be released in the US.
Back in the first season, it was said Mew made an appearance in many an episode before the first movie came out. Those episodes never made to american shores. Errrrrr!;151;
...What the hell? I don't know who told you that, but whoever it was is full of it.
-Like it was just said the voice actors may have a recast. We may not hear those familair voices anymore.....
4Kids will still be handling the dubbing, so the voices will stay the same. ;/

Last edited:

Pinky the Mew

I am a master!
...What the hell? I don't know who told you that, but whoever it was is full of it.

Well, I only heard it was on the Japanese version of the show.

What I meant About the episode without Ash &pikachu was for future episodes that may be traditionally left out.

PDL

disenchanted
what would be ideal is not exactly a recast, or just keeping all the original voices

what I'd want is that new voice actors get added to the group... new blood to keep the talent going

Heracross

Custom User Title
Pinky the Mew said:
Well, I only heard it was on the Japanese version of the show.
I've seen all of Kanto in Japanese, and I can assure you there were no episodes with Myuu in them.

PDL

disenchanted
the only time we've seen Mew in the Kanto episodes would be in the intro... you know, the very first part where Mewtwo jumps, and the glowing form of mew drops down and bounds of...

RandomCharizard

Geki said:
This Sucks. Bah Humbug.
Quiet you. This is still good,I mean,if 4kids doesn't have a hold of the DVD sales and stuff,then we might see DVDs with English Subtitiles and the Japanese episodes. 4kids might also loose a lot of money(as gravy said) and I quote:
If the sum of money they'll loose from the merchandising front is a considerable amount for them to worry about, perhaps it will urge them to stop splashing their cash on ridiculous editing and rescoring of music?
Even though it probaly won't happen,its more possible now.
=D. Next time Geki,read. Kthnx.

Pinky the Mew

I am a master!
Well, alright glad that the part about mew is cleared up. There is one thing that is insignifigant, the music...

When the new episode of DBZ came out I cringed with at the sound of that horrible electric giutar music (and krillin's new voice). Is the background music the same in Japan as it is here in america.

Emma Iveli

Fanfic Writer
Who hoo! (begins to dance, snapping sound from right knee) Ahh! My knee! (sits down) I think this may be the death nail for 4kids, I mean they lost Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh is about to end and 4kids TV's raiting suck. It might be the thign that all 4kids haters been waiting for. And not only we may finnaly see uncut Pokemon. This is a great day for fans.

Chris

Old Coot
Pinky the Mew said:
When the new episode of DBZ came out I cringed with at the sound of that horrible electric giutar music (and krillin's new voice). Is the background music the same in Japan as it is here in america.
Not entirely. 4Kids pretty much replaces almost all of the background music. In the Chronicles specials, ALL of the music is replaced.

Folks, 4Kids losing licensed rights to the show means EVERYTHING that it's owned now becomes PUSA's property.

RandomCharizard

Edward Elric said:
Not entirely. 4Kids pretty much replaces almost all of the background music. In the Chronicles specials, ALL of the music is replaced.

Folks, 4Kids losing licensed rights to the show means EVERYTHING that it's owned now becomes PUSA's property.
Wouldn't that mean that PUSA could take out 4kids dubbing for Pokemon?