• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PUSA takes over licensing from 4Kids

YoshiAngemon

Storm Trainer
I say we ban Pikachu Fan Number Nine for repeating an idea of Pokemon on ABC PrimeTime! People can just catch Pokemon Reruns on Cartoon Network, or the Master Quest! If they can get the other DVDs, they'll end up able to air the remaining episodes!

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I doubt that would happen, besides I've given up

Pinky the Mew

I am a master!
Well, that's fine with me as well, but does anyone know when Kid's WB's contract end? I'm sooo nervous this corprate orginization stuff is so confusing and fickle sometimes.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Last I heard KidsWb renewed Pokemon through Season 9 (which will be Pokemon USA's first season and the BF saga)

They'll probably renew it for Season 10 and beyond though

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
That's cool if the US keeps going I'll still be able to get the stuff when they come to DVD. I can get to an importing shop easily.
Us Australians will hopefully get them afterwards. I'm just glad the series is still going.

Are DVD's considered merchandise? and will PUSA have control over that?
I'm still a little confused I suppose. Also reading this whole thread just made me even more confused. Does 4kids still have control over the anime? because if they still do that still doesn't guarantee good dubs.

I really feel stupid asking but it doesn't seem clear to me.

Chris

Old Coot
Yes, DVDs are merchandise. This means 4Kids will get zip in DVD sales profits.

If you really did read the whole thread, you'd know that no one knows the exact answer and that nothing's been fully revealed. :p

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
Okay thanks. The thread seemed to confuse me because some seemed certain of one way while others seemed certain of another and then the ones who aren't sure. Also it wasn't just the thread I guess. It was a few sites that claimed strange things aswell. I guess things will clear up next year sometime.

I'm just hoping that Australia shows Pokemon because of the change from Cheez TV to Toasted TV here. I'll feel less worried if they would actually show it. They'll probably will but it is a concern.

I wish companies would tell us what's going on. I've been sitting in the waiting cue for too many things this year. Everything I've done this year I don't find out till next year. It's getting to me.

PDL

disenchanted
Cerberus said:
anyone know anything else PUSA has worked on?

it's already been stated that they've never worked on anything anime dubbing-related before... they mostly work with the Pokemon franchise.

kingboo30

Dynamo Trainer
PDL said:
it's already been stated that they've never worked on anything anime dubbing-related before... they mostly work with the Pokemon franchise.

Interesting. 4Kids didn't have much dubbing experience when they started Pokemon either. But I won't be getting any thoughts since as usual 4kids doesn't give out any news. Hey at least we might not be getting photoshopped dvd covers anymore.

Chris

Old Coot
>_> Photoshopped? You make it sound like a bad thing. If anything, they NEED Photoshop. They look like they're using basic Paint programs and are just copy/pasting official art onto backgrounds. o_O

I've proven I can do better covers with Photoshop than they could.

Slypher

Edward Elric said:
>_> Photoshopped? You make it sound like a bad thing. If anything, they NEED Photoshop. They look like they're using basic Paint programs and are just copy/pasting official art onto backgrounds. o_O

I've proven I can do better covers with Photoshop than they could.

Hey, it's one of 4kids better lazy background, if you can call it that. It's better then the One Piece edited dub DVD, nothing but two colors in the background and a copy/pasted art of Luffy and Zolo, and they couldn't have put them in the worse place, those swords are basically going up his *** -_-. The bootleg DVD look way better, that's saying something.

anyone know anything else PUSA has worked on?

If 4kids does indeed stop dubbing, PUSA doesn't need to do the dubbing by itself (though it'll be intresting), they could simply get another dubbing company to do the dub, however if they still want the same voices, they'll have to have one that situated in new york. Also, is PUSA situated in New York as well, or are they somewhere else?

T

ToonKid

Slypher said:
Hey, it's one of 4kids better lazy background, if you can call it that. It's better then the One Piece edited dub DVD, nothing but two colors in the background and a copy/pasted art of Luffy and Zolo, and they couldn't have put them in the worse place, those swords are basically going up his *** -_-. The bootleg DVD look way better, that's saying something.

If 4kids does indeed stop dubbing, PUSA doesn't need to do the dubbing by itself (though it'll be intresting), they could simply get another dubbing company to do the dub, however if they still want the same voices, they'll have to have one that situated in new york. Also, is PUSA situated in New York as well, or are they somewhere else?
i heard some1 hear say it was in seattle

Red

Not the color
4Kids didn't do a bad job dubbing, there were some errors though. If they change dubbers, would there be different voices?

T

Tamed Raikou

Well, PUSA and 4kids can't beat the producers behind the first season of pokemon - The Summit Media Group (The Logo would usually be displayed at the end of an epiode, as well a on Ash's hat during the first season)> What happened to them?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Tamed Raikou said:
Well, PUSA and 4kids can't beat the producers behind the first season of pokemon - The Summit Media Group (The Logo would usually be displayed at the end of an epiode, as well a on Ash's hat during the first season)> What happened to them?
Kahn made a deal with Drahk when he was at Warner Brothers and got a bunch of Keepers and had them implanted on them so he could control them and make episodes that didn't need a lot of editting (except for music).[/joke]

Seriously, I don't know. I wish they had done [SPOIL]The Kanto Fronteir[/SPOIL]

Last edited:

MugenKeiji

THERE'S NO $50 HERE!
4Kids USED to be the Summit Media Group, or at least a subsidary of it.

http://www.4kidsentertainment.com/services/media.html

Which means...THEY WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CHANGES IN MEGAMAN...

Well granted it could have been Ruby-Spears, but seeing their names in the "Upon A Star" DVD it makes you think about who the masterminds that changed their mind were, you know because Capcom was mostly about the money.

Think about it, who else would give Airman a head separate from his body? Obviously not someone who respects artistic design from Inafune-sama.

Last edited:

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
MugenKeiji said:
Which means...THEY WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CHANGES IN MEGAMAN...

By changes, you mean them going with the idea of making an entirely new original series as opposed to simply dubbing and airing the "Upon a Star" OVA as was originally advertised, right? Meaning.... they're the ones who thought Proto Man was evil. If that's true, then it leaves me to wonder why Nintendo let them have the rights to Pokemon (as well as F-Zero) in the first place, considering they already had pretty bad experienced with a video game-based series.

MugenKeiji

THERE'S NO $50 HERE!
You hit it smack dab on the Shiftry's nose.

Of course rather than airing the "Upon A Star" OVA (being a pitch on its own anyway), I meant that the actual series didn't go about using similar character designs from the games and the OVA. Megaman turned into Mega-f**, Rush became Scooby Doo, Roll was Barbie on steroids, IceMan smoked one too many cigarettes...the only characters true to fashion would be Light and Wily, as well as a few Robot Masters. Also, where was Dr. Cossack? Pharoah Man and Ring Man were in the series, darn writers.

The biggest mistake with the (uninspired) Mega Man TV series besides character design and sloppy writing would probably be that it came too soon and ended too soon. The later games 7 and 8 had new characters (Bass!) AND more interesting Robot Masters to write with (I can imagine Shadow Man not getting along with Tengu Man, Freeze Man trying to hit on Roll, Astro Man being afraid of dogs including Rush). I don't remember if there were any MM6 bosses that appeared in the series...was there? Oh and I REALLY hated that episode where there was a computer virus and they turned into cavemen. That's just wrong on so many levels.

It's too late from what I can tell because the momentum for the classic Megaman rests only in the memory of the fans, the youngest of them are almost out of high school and the rest are well into adulthood which seems unrealistic to market. Capcom's making new universes to grow on, and maybe some PSP remakes following Megaman Powered-Up. Right now, the Battle Network series is a hot property.

Also making Protoman evil confused me because I was a late bloomer on the Classic Series universe. In fact, I was more familiar with X than the original when I was tuning into the cartoon.

Ah, to be 9 again...