• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Put your first impressions of countries and their people here

Status
Not open for further replies.

the jman

Ak47 I choose you!
America: the best country in the world. You can say were fat all we want. Well I would rather be well fed than skinny and having lack of food. We have freedom that countries in Asai dont have. Hell, half of asai would kill to be an america, the land of oppertunity.I get a free education, something other people half to pay for in 3rd world countries such as the middle east, africa, and china and such. I get to spend my child hood with friends and enjoying my life rather than working in sweat-shops with no lunch for a nickel an hour, if that. we have oppertunites here such as land ownership, freedoms, constitution, Jobs, Homes, Support, Voting rights. And other countries are bitching about us? there just jealous of us because there countries suck. Call me a racail biggot, or a white cracker. I dont care. As Patrick Henry stated "Give me liberty, or give me death". I salute grizzlyB and profesco

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
America: the best country in the world. You can say were fat all we want. Well I would rather be well fed than skinny and having lack of food. We have freedom that countries in Asai dont have. Hell, half of asai would kill to be an america, the land of oppertunity.I get a free education, something other people half to pay for in 3rd world countries such as the middle east, africa, and china and such. I get to spend my child hood with friends and enjoying my life rather than working in sweat-shops with no lunch for a nickel an hour, if that. we have oppertunites here such as land ownership, freedoms, constitution, Jobs, Homes, Support, Voting rights. And other countries are bitching about us? there just jealous of us because there countries suck. Call me a racail biggot, or a white cracker. I dont care. As Patrick Henry stated "Give me liberty, or give me death". I salute grizzlyB and profesco

For once, I agree with you.

Minus the deplorible slaughter of syntax, which forms the basis of the official American language, English. Oh, and the racist part.

When someone says 'America,' I think of the people in this thread.

Meets me at the flagpole was so much better than this.

RaiBlade

ɾαρτυɾε

I really think what you said is correct and I agree with you. ^_^
BUT your wrong with what you said in bold!
In the Middle East,over half the schools are FREE,electricty and water are sometimes even available for free believe it or not and most of the things you said are also available in other countries and I know because I have been to many countries like the Middle East and China.

mangaeyes

Vulgar, self-ritious and cheesy.

I try not to stereotype but from what I see on American TV American people tend to be narrow-minded, biggoted, vulgar, self-ritious and cheesy. They also seem to be very extreme in their personalities and not low-key.

@ Mars Girl: in the 'Asian' thread nobody came on and whined about people talking about their race or culture did they? You kinda prove my point (self-ritious) as well so thank you.

EDIT: I'm really sorry Mars Girl. I just read the rest of the thread and it appears most posts from American members also support my points of being big-headed, self-ritious and cheesy. It was unfair to single you out.

Also I'd just like to say that America gets +100 points for awesome rock bands but sadly loses 500 points for pop crap like Lady Gaga and Hannah Montana. :D

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently

I try not to stereotype but from what I see on American TV American people tend to be narrow-minded, biggoted, vulgar, self-ritious and cheesy. They also seem to be very extreme in their personalities and not low-key.

We aren't quite the same as what we put on our TV shows, actually. Although, what goes onto our TV shows is what the majority of viewers want to see, so that may say something even worse about us...

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag

@ Mars Girl: in the 'Asian' thread nobody came on and whined about people talking about their race or culture did they? You kinda prove my point (self-ritious) as well so thank you.

EDIT: I'm really sorry Mars Girl. I just read the rest of the thread and it appears most posts from American members also support my points of being big-headed, self-ritious and cheesy. It was unfair to single you out.

Also I'd just like to say that America gets +100 points for awesome rock bands but sadly loses 500 points for pop crap like Lady Gaga and Hannah Montana. :D

Americans are nice and kind and are not self-ritious and I believe it because I read about it on Wikipedia so in conclusion I think they are nice even if they are fat and lazy and beat their wives.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Ichi said:
Americans are nice and kind and are not self-ritious and I believe it because I read about it on Wikipedia so in conclusion I think they are nice even if they are fat and lazy and beat their wives.

I don't know I'm kind of self-ritious, but not very fat and lazy even if I beat my wives. Maybe I'm British.

Fujitsu

Now 50% more gelatin

So, you're saying that citizens of countries such as Japan cannot own land, lack freedoms, lack a constitution, lack jobs, lack homes, lack "Support", and lack a right to vote just because it's an Asian country? How about Kuwait, because those Middle Easterners are so impoverished? Maybe South Africa, since it's in Africa? It even has Africa in its name!
You act as though your "Grand 'Ol America" is the only place in the world that has such "opportunities", but you never seem to address the fact many, many Americans do not own land, have a job, or have a home. There are also tens of thousands of "free" Americans sweatshop workers who are just as poor as their developing nation counterparts.
I do not see where you get off calling the Middle East and Africa countries, or China a third world country, but I have to ask you, is your post-secondary education free? It's free in Libya, one of those evil African nations. England is the same, and it's not the US either. I'm also not sure of what this "Asai" you keep referring to is, but if you're talking about Asia, then you are sadly mistaken. I know several people in China, and they are perfectly fine with being there, even if they aren't rich and prosperous. They aren't stupid people. You make it out as if coming to America makes you wealthy, but it doesn't.

Btw ur a racail biggot. Hurr hurr hurr.

mangaeyes

Also, delusional, narrow-minded and ignorant.

Its funny how so many people in this thread rattle on about how bad stereotypes are but then they go ahead and prove them...

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
You really want me to tell you what I think? Okay then... well I think they are ignorant (polls show many can't even locate their own country on the map), prideful, greedy (the whole invading Iraq thing is still under debate of course, though many agree it was most likely for the oil), fat (no offense but there are a lot of obese people there). And I also think of fast-food. most likely because many fast-food chains began there

Mars Girl

OOH WATERMELON BRB!!
Also, delusional, narrow-minded and ignorant.

Its funny how so many people in this thread rattle on about how bad stereotypes are but then they go ahead and prove them...

So I'm guessing the whole thing about people from England having ugly, hideous teeth is true too since Serebii already proved that...? :)

Like, just saying home dawg 8|

I dunno, like I have definitely talked to some pretty ignorant people in England too so don't even try to pin this whole "ignorant" BS on only America. I'm definitely sure we aren't the only ones with our fair share of "obese, narrow-minded, delusional" people either.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
I have personal experience in England too... and I think the people there are pretty bad too. They have... ummm how to put this... accent issues? Where I lived at least, I got made fun of for having an accent when my voice sounded perfectly normal to me, but theirs was weird to me. Anyways, I happen to know people that are from the U.S and they are very nice. this thread is asking to make a generalization as well as describe your first thoughts about "Americans" when someone says it. there are many people that are ignorant across the globe, but not knowing where your own country is on the map is sad. The same with knowing little about the countries bordering you. Such as asking a Canadian "Do you live in igloos?" As I was asked quite a few times by United States citizens.

Dante Falls

Doppelgänger
We can kick everyone else's *** in a war.

... Mmhhhh, not really.

Vietnam was a disaster. And all the Middle-Eastern Wars weren't really a victory, they're mostly a mess, without a truely beneficial outcome.

In World War 2, the USA came in during the later years, and only really defeated Japan, without that much effort. Russia was mostly largley responcible for Germany's defeat. The other Axis forces just holding them at bay.

:/

But, that beside. I think America is pretty great. Canada & the USA are pretty advance countries. South America isn't as great, Second World countries and all- but at least they're not as in such a bad state as other countries out there.

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
I guess I'll finally be serious about this thread.

If we're talking about the sterotypical American (white, racist, fat, arrogant, ignorant, trailer park folk), you would probably be looking at at least 5 to 10 percent of the population of the entire U.S., mostly in the South.

As for real Americans (you know, the ones that have a mulititude of personalities and aren't usually sterotyped.) make up the rest of the popluation. Sure our obesity rates are high, but all developed countries with a high-calorie diet with have this problem.

Also, on the point of patriotism, if you don't love the ideals of your country, barring they infinge upon the rights of other countries, groups, individuals, then why would you defend your country? I love my Core Democratic Values, and I wish some people read those more often.

Oh, and on the point of education, I pretty sure we are at least in the top ten highly educated countries. And if you want a prime example of the education system failing, look no further than Michigan, where all the money for schools are being trasnferred to bigger schools in Detroit, Lansing, Grand Rapids, etc.

Either way, if someone says that Americans are racist, ignorant, ***gots, then you are being racist against the American people. Just saying I found it to be a bit hypocritical.

Then again, I doubt any one country is without racisim. Why can't we just learn to understand each other and get along?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.