• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Putting the Air Back In Aerodactyl! (015)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Tracy's sketches looked so good and I was pleased to see Gary again with a lab coat this time. The island here seemed like a haven for rare Kanto pokemon, plus the Aerodactyl here seemed quite tame compared to the one that Ash met. ^^;

ZilverLox

Banned
Being a Gary fan, it was fantastic to the great one back in action, double battle against Team Rocket was the main highlight of the episode.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
No lie, I had been missing Gary and I had been anxious to see this episode, and it did not disappoint. It wasn't the most memorable of the Chronicles episode, but at least it had a good plot and helped us see Gary in a different way. :p

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Probably because this one was newly resurrected. And it's ironic how suddenly Aerodactyl wasn't a meat eater...

Hmmm I guess that might be why and yea Aerodactyl wanting some fruit surprised me a bit cuz I had assumed that the species were carnivores. ^^;

This special episode reminded me of why I didn't like Gary anymore. His whole change of goal didn't suit him and I couldn't take his new researcher gig seriously. The Aerodactyl plot itself was rather weak too.

Zamin

This was a really entertaining episode, it was cool to see Gary in his new job and catch up with Oak and Tracey too! The new characters in the episode were cool, I love Crystal's bonds with the Pokemon on the island

Leonhart

Imagineer
There once was a time when I loved everything related to Shigeru, but this special episode made him seem too much like a miniature version of Okido-hakase, which was a bad thing. Shigeru's ego disappeared and left him as a hollow shell of his former self, and the only thing that I enjoyed here was seeing a Ptera that wasn't a savage man-eater.

Daizy

I call you honey
Gary Oak suddenly being a researcher was random. I didn't understand why he was even present since his granddad and Trace were more crucial to the plot.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Gary Oak suddenly being a researcher was random. I didn't understand why he was even present since his granddad and Trace were more crucial to the plot.

Technically, Shigeru's interest in studying Pokemon was mentioned at the end of the Jouto League, so there was some foreshadowing. As for Shigeru's role here, he did seem less integral to the plot than Okido-hakase, which is a shame since this was Shigeru's moment to shine as an individual.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
This was a really different episode just considering that it focused on Gary and what he was up to post Johto. Watching the episode, in a way, I saw it as what it would be like if the series was about Gary maybe like following him during his adventures or mishaps as an aspiring Pokémon Researcher lol.
I admit, I missed his attitude in this episode which made Gary, well Gary. At the same time though, I don't think there really was a reason for Gary to be all arrogant although he probably could have thrown some of his attitude at Butch and Cassidy. I still liked this episode nonetheless.

Leonhart

Imagineer
EmberFireTrainer said:
Watching the episode, in a way, I saw it as what it would be like if the series was about Gary maybe like following him during his adventures or mishaps as an aspiring Pokémon Researcher lol.

Shigeru just didn't have as much charisma this time around from my viewpoint, so I don't think that he would've been able to carry a whole series on his own if this special had been some kind of test run to see how the fandom would've reacted to him becoming a main character for instance.

vondecayle

It’s always nice to see Tracey involved in the plot of these episodes!

I’m glad they showed Gary having some insecurities, it shows how he has grown from a being snobby kid to someone who is aware that he is not the best at everything.

Love these chronicle episodes that show Ash’s past companions and rivals doing their own thing. I wished we’d still get episodes like this.

Cool to see Ivysaur!

I think it’s interesting they bringed up the point that since Aerodactyl is an ancient pokemon it might be scared/distrustful of humans. It’s only natural given that it probably lived in a time where humans hadn’t appeared yet.