• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PWC hypothetical finals

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
kccPcMx.jpg

Thoughts?

Kuzehiko

Oh what a great beginning.
I can't see Ash beating Cynthia either.
Ash probably fights Paul-Alain, beats him and loses to Cynthia or Raihan.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
do people really want Ash to beat Alain that much?

Also...
I can't see Ash beating Cynthia either.

why not, if he's supposed to have a remote chance of taking leon down, other champions are fair game.

If even more champions were part of this then Ash would likely have to defeat at least 1 to get Leon.

and if you wanted my honest opinion, I think the order will be Raihan/Lance, Cynthia then Leon if it's tournament format.

Also it would make more sense for Iris to fight Raihan or Lance if she's in the masters 8 more than anyone else.

Kuzehiko

do people really want Ash to beat Alain that much?
XY stans would like to have a word with you.

Also...

why not, if he's supposed to have a remote chance of taking leon down, other champions are fair game.

Also it would make more sense for Iris to fight Raihan or Lance if she's in the masters 8 more than anyone else.
well if Cynthia has Mega it will be very hard for Ash to win, not impossible but very hard.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
XY stans would like to have a word with you.

Tobias should be in this as well then if people want Ash to burn his bridges of those he's never beaten.
well if Cynthia has Mega it will be very hard for Ash to win, not impossible but very hard.

Ash might have one himself by then, and who knows, Ash's Dragonite and Dracovish are both monsters in their own right and we know Ash can beat mega's without using 1 himself, plus he can use Z-moves too.

Imagine his Infernape with it's Kaio-Ken blaze...using Inferno Overdrive.

Kuzehiko

Tobias should be in this as well then if people want Ash to burn his bridges of those he's never beaten.

Tobias was a last minute character. I strongly doubt we will ever see again but I understand. He owns in this tier along with Cameron lmao

Ash might have one himself by then, and who knows, Ash's Dragonite and Dracovish are both monsters in their own right and we know Ash can beat mega's without using 1 himself, plus he can use Z-moves too.
And he can use Ash-Greninja and his reserves. If he does, he has a solid chance.

Imagine his Infernape with it's Kaio-Ken blaze...using Inferno Overdrive.
BLASTO BURN
GG Garchomp

Red and Blue

Replace Alain with Raihan and I more or less agree that will be the order of Ash's opponents in the Master Class.

I know people have doubts but I have complete confidence that Ash can beat Cynthia

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
kccPcMx.jpg

Thoughts?
Fine with this but I’d much rather Ash face Paul if he’s to appear (I don’t think he will). I also don’t really want Alain. Nothing against him but I’d rather have someone else like Brandon or Steven show up.

Ideally I’d go with:
Top 8:
Ash vs Raihan
Leon vs Iris
Cynthia vs Lance
Steven vs someone like Diantha/Brandon/Youngster Joey idk

Semifinals:
Ash vs Cynthia
Leon vs winner of Steven & #8

Finals:
Ash vs Leon

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
It would be a tough one if you'd ask me between a battle ash and Cynthia as it will depend on which pokemon he uses in a battle against cynthia I would like his sinnoh team if he battles against cynthia on the winner would hope it is ash who wins but let's see

Leonhart

Imagineer
I see little point in Shinji and Alan competing, especially Alan. Shinji's return would at least indirectly promote the D/P remakes since he was an important character in the anime adaptation of those games even if he wasn't actually in the games, but Alan coming back would have no marketing purpose, and I've never agreed with the fandom's fixation with Satoshi hypothetically beating Alan. Their "rivalry" was resolved in XY, and there's no point in bringing it up again.

Also, I don't think that Shinji would beat Kibana in any case considering that Kibana's the more relevant character of the two.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Alain being there would be even more forced than his participation in the Kalos League. Ash can get his rematch elsewhere
Paul, he should compete but I'd have Brandon or Palmer be in the top 8 due to how powerful they are as heads of Battle Frontiers. Ash and Paul can have their battle in the 100's matchup

Also you can't have Cynthia there and Ash not battle her. Nobody wants to see Leon 'the great' beat her, Cynthia being there hypes up the possibility that Ash will face her and they surely know the hole they're digging by having her there. She's one of if not the most popular Pokemon character, Ash needs to battle her especially if he's taking the title of "World Champion". You want people to accept that? Then he needs to beat Cynthia!

I'd say Ash vs Lance(he's the champion of Ash's home region, it's been a long time coming), Ash vs Cynthia and Ash vs Leon should be the matchups. Ideally I'd like a way for Ash to battle all of the participants but so long as he battles Cynthia and Lance I'm good!
I'm still thinking Ash might give Raihan the boot so that's why I didn't mention him

Kuzehiko

Feel free to replace the characters that you think they'll not compete in the PWC over the ones you think they will~

Torpoleon

Can't see Steven & Diantha not being in the Top 8, so I'd substitute out Paul & Alain for Steven & Diantha.

Not sure if I can see Iris being there either, but I wouldn't rule it out. Would give us representation from all regions (with Ash representing Alola as the champ and Lance representing Kanto/Johto, with the rest being self-explanatory). Could also see another Galar Gym Leader being there (not Bea, hopefully). Ultimately, I'd like to see the finals be something like this:

Quarter-Finals

Ash VS Raihan
Cynthia VS Lance
Steven VS Diantha
Leon VS Iris

Could substitute Iris for someone else and depending on who, I could see that person fighting Steven instead and then Diantha fighting Leon. Ultimately, I think Leon should face either 2 champions before Ash or a Galar Gym Leader and 1 champion before Ash.

Semi-Finals
Ash VS Cynthia
Leon VS Steven

Finals
Ash VS Leon

Also, I hope Steven & Diantha Mega Evolve their Metagross and Gardevoir respectively. Would be cool if Cynthia and Lance do that as well with her Garchomp and maybe his Aerodactyl (he hasn't been shown to have one in the anime, but I could see that being on his team in a 6 on 6).

Since the anime is taking place during gen 8, I feel like Ash has to fight Raihan, and I feel like fighting Leon is a given. This is why I hope Bea is not in the Masters Eight because then he'll likely fight her as well, meaning he'd never fight Cynthia. I want him to fight Cynthia using his best 6.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
What i want

Ash vs Raihan/Lance
Iris vs Chyntia
Diantha vs Steven
Leon vs Raihan/Lance

Semi final
Ash Vs Chyntia
Leon Vs Diantha/Steven

Final
Ash vs Leon

What would happen nor iris, steven or diantha show up, the other just bunch COTD and Raihan. Leon , Chyntia , Ash and Lance

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
My picks:

Quarter-Finals:

Ash vs. Raihan
Leon vs. Lance
Diantha vs. Brandon
Steven vs. Cynthia

Semi-Finals:

Ash vs. Cynthia
Leon vs. Brandon/Diantha

Finals:

Ash vs. Leon

Brandon is pretty underutilized and it'll be cool to see him return and prove himself as a Champion-level trainer since all his battles in the anime have been curb-stomps in his favor except for when Ash defeated his newly-caught, yet still OP as hell Regice.