• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pysduck and Golduck

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I decided to post this here because it originated from gen 1 and found it pretty interesting and funny. Has anyone ever noticed that even though Psyduck is called psyduck, it has a yellow/golden colour. Golduck is not gold or yellowo in anyway but it has that red ball in its head that is said to be really good at physic powers. Therefore, it would be more logical to call Psyduck 'Golduck' and call Golduck 'Psyduck'.

I found this theory and many other interesting ones on this website:
http://6thfloor.org/creepypastas/

Sorry, if I am not supposed to post this here but I found it really interesting.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Yeah i kinda noticed the same thing.

Kim62

Hello
Golduck's japanese name may still be Golduck but Psyduck's japanese name is in fact Koduck.

Ko means young so it would be a young duck. But for Golduck, the gold in it's name could mean gold medal since it has been said to be the best swimmer and thus would get a gold if it was in a competition.

So, it is a duck that is immature and a duck who is well trained.

Or, that's what the theory is any ways.

JoeyLT

Dragon Master
Golduck's japanese name may still be Golduck but Psyduck's japanese name is in fact Koduck.

Ko means young so it would be a young duck. But for Golduck, the gold in it's name could mean gold medal since it has been said to be the best swimmer and thus would get a gold if it was in a competition.

Thanks for the story :571:

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It

Well what do you know, learn something new every day!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ko means young so it would be a young duck.

I've also heard that the "Ko" part of the name Koduck might have been derived from the word kogane, which means gold in Japanese.

But for Golduck, the gold in it's name could mean gold medal since it has been said to be the best swimmer and thus would get a gold if it was in a competition.

Really? I hadn't heard of that before, but it does make sense. I always thought that it was just a reference its pre-evolved form, but this explanation is even better.

the names should be swapped

Why would they swap the names now?

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
That was interesting. Dx I also would have thought that they would be Water/Psychic types after watching the anime. But no. =(

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Hmm, another interesting thing about some of the pokemon in the first gen, the pokemon gengar is the shadow pokemon; it has many of the physical features as the pokemon clefable. Could Gengar be the shadow of clefable? Another one:
Shelder-Cloyster-Gastly-Haunter-Gengar. It was said in development that shelder would evolve into cloyster and then when cloyster's die, they lose their shells and become ghosts. Isn't it convenient that cloyster and gastly are next to each other in the pokedex?
Cubone-Marrowak/Cubone-Kangaskan-In early development, their were a male and female versions of kangaskan and the baby in its pouch would be cubone.
Diglett-The nose on its body, look at the white dot, is that a tooth? Is the nose its mouth?
Shortage of middle aged men in kanto-The only man who was middle aged that had a name was Lt. Surge and he was formerly part of the military; the players dad and rival's dad or even parents are never seen: Was there a war in the pokemon world?
Giovanni dead?-In HGSS, you battle Giovanni in tojo falls, after deciding that he cannot revive team rocket and that he always loses to kids, he walked out and then you can hear a 'splash'. He had no water pokemon or any that knew surf or waterfall; did he drown himself?
Caterpie-Metapod-Venomoth and Venonat-Butterfree-There are similarities between these evolutions and before the names were given, the creators were thinking about calling venomoth butterfree and allowing the player to get one after evolving a metapod in viridian forest. Butterfree has the face, hands, colour scheme and similar cries to venonat-Was their a sudden change in the evolutionary lines?