• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

QUALITY Animation.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Inspired by re-reading that Dem Goofz poll from awile back. I've decided to make an entire thread about QUALITY Animation.

QUALITY images refers to screenshots/pictures in anime or manga that are horribly substandard. They are usually the product of shitty "in-between" animation (or shots that transition from key frame to key frame) or the farming out to cheap third party animators or artists. Usually, the clearest indicators of QUALITY are characters who are drawn off-model, with distorted eyes, choppy and/or inconsistent animation sequences and facial distortions (when unintended to be a gag).

Okay, so here's the gig. Post any in between-frames in any given episode of Naruto QUALITY pics, or dicuss about the fact that the animators just didn't care.

My Favorites (Edit: Linx Fixed)

Ichigo looks kinda cool!
How the feck does that work?
Sasuke can see you
Even One Piece is not immune to this.
Hey! Come back with my head!
Why hasn't Naruto won an award for Best in Animation yet?
Seriously? Why hasn't it?

Last edited:

Electivirus

Not really, no.
[img139]http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp182/Electivirus67/1191636235886.gif[/img139]

Oh, Rukia...when will you learn?

Mimori Kiryu

The whole series of G Gundam. Amazingly awesome story; the crappiest artwork I've ever seen. :[

Mimori Kiryu

The whole series of G Gundam. Amazingly awesome story; the crappiest artwork I've ever seen. :[

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Inspired by re-reading that Dem Goofz poll from awile back. I've decided to make an entire thread about QUALITY Animation.

I am glad that I inspired someone! ^ ^
Also, it might just be me but your images are showing up as error messages.

On topic, animé really does not have great animation to begin with (unless it is cel-shaded animation). It is really choppy and this annoys many people I know. Also, Naruto and Bleach are in such hype that they do not care that much about thar animation (people even posted some of this stuff). FMA: Brotherhood is also sloppy because the media is just giving what the audience wants. Look at the FMA manga, Ed does not have a round face or that hair-colour! Also, animés that heavily rely on fanservice to keep their audience attatched do the same thing.

Only the odd ones have great animation. Akira, it is old but the animation is not that choppy!

Last edited:

Ksi

Multi-Type Trainer
Most anime actually have very smooth sequences in them, but these are few and far between. The reason for this is because, as someone stated, it has a lower production cost. Just because the production cost is lower doesn't mean the animation is sub-standard.

There are some things that are notable as errors in the animation, that is very much true. Off proportions, coloring mistakes, and more, these are seen at least once or many times in a single series. These things are bound to happen.

One anime of note would be the 'ecchi' anime Ikkitousen. There are several instances of off proportions. Animation studios sometimes go as far as to change to content of the scenes in order to make it marketable (to the weeaboo's dismay).

@Parachomp

Of course Ed doesn't have that hair color. Most manga is black and white, its sometimes hard to tell the hair color without seeing a colored illustration by the original artist (which of course are on every manga volume). The transition from Manga to Anime means there will be sacrifices. Not every single, solitary cell is colored with copic markers and paint you know.

Unless we are talking about a animation separate from the original, then I agree with you.

Whats more is that the Japanese use layering techniques to assist the animations. You see this technique in the Simpson's opening. All the buildings and animations are on different layers. They in fact used the technique long before Matt Groening did.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Naruto is basically an extreme example of the quality of Japanese animation; some of the episodes (like those involving Norio Matsumoto) are higher quality than most anime series, while the lower-end ones seem to advertise the farm job to overworked Korean animators.

Art != Animation

Just because the production cost is lower doesn't mean the animation is sub-standard.
Animation in anime is generally sub-par; sometimes this is made up by compositional density of the art, backgrounds, et cetera, but it can be awkward for those used to higher frame rates.

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
@Parachomp

Of course Ed doesn't have that hair color. Most manga is black and white, its sometimes hard to tell the hair color without seeing a colored illustration by the original artist (which of course are on every manga volume). The transition from Manga to Anime means there will be sacrifices. Not every single, solitary cell is colored with copic markers and paint you know.

Unless we are talking about a animation separate from the original, then I agree with you.

Whats more is that the Japanese use layering techniques to assist the animations. You see this technique in the Simpson's opening. All the buildings and animations are on different layers. They in fact used the technique long before Matt Groening did.

But look at the cover of the manga, you see a fully coloured Ed! Also, I am talking about Brotherhood.

I agree, it is not only the Japanese. Look at Spongebob, in the episode where Mrs. Puff got thrown into jail, her hat kept changing from black to red.

Back on topic, why do they not just use computers only?

Mimori Kiryu

Art != Animation
Well, I meant animation too. D: Watch the episode when Domon meets George de Sand for the first time. I don't even know what that was. It looked like a five year old drew it. :/

Cobalt_Latios

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Cobalt Latios. Try Lurkmore wiki, they have a plethora of examples.

However. You'll probably get the 404 Error code is you hotlink from the site so you might have to manually save and uplaod them onto Photobucket/*******/Imageshack etc.

If Kotone has a resemblence to Mario, then this must be the Luigi counterpart.

Can you please give us an exact link, I do not want to be looking at some guy's "you know what"!

showeury

QUALITY images refers to screenshots/pictures in anime or manga that are horribly substandard. They are usually the product of shitty "in-between" animation (or shots that transition from key frame to key frame) or the farming out to cheap third party animators or artists. Usually, the clearest indicators of QUALITY are characters who are drawn off-model, with distorted eyes, choppy and/or inconsistent animation sequences and facial distortions (when unintended to be a gag).

Cobalt_Latios

Cobalt Latios. Try Lurkmore wiki, they have a plethora of examples.
Will do.

If Kotone has a resemblence to Mario, then this must be the Luigi counterpart.
She looks more like Toad in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Then again, Toad wasn't Green or Red in that game...

Also, anyone remember some of the animation goofs they've done with Dawn? My god, they're hilarious ;)!

<C_L>