• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Queen of the Serpentine! (435)

V Faction

www.faction.com
Andyhaunt said:
Any special rule for this battle like in prevous facilities??
No, and that's a good point to bring up. Being preoccupied with the whole Pikeshipping, I did not realize that we weren't treated to the traditional Pike Walk-Through like in the game.

Reason for such a passive reaction has to do with how they've treated past BF Facilities. So even the Pike was not safe from being turned into another generic gymansium battle.

Crystal Clair

Now that was a good episode! I tell ya, I hated Azami until I saw the preview to this episode. She nearly had me biting off my tongue and it didn't help with those hawt-as-heck girls that seemed to worship her *whistles*
My thoughts
Aw! Azami has a crushie on Takeshi! *_* despite I ship Brock and Suzie strictly, I'd say what the heck and just try it. Plus, who says Brock cant be in a relationship with two girls! ^_~
First time I was truly mad at Max. I wanted to rip his head off when he pulled Brock away from Azami. Doesn't he see AZAMI BLUSHING?! Or is love too dense for a kid like him to understand.
Hearing the 8th season song during the Pokemon immediately was followed by a "What the hell?!" Seriously, I wish 4kids would play more of their openings during gym or big battles like the Orange island episode Charizard Chills.
I'm dumb. I did not see Jessie dressed as Azami coming AT ALL.
May's Eevee is cute
Well that wraps it up fer mee! Cya around!
ps: gotta take some screenshots, fyi I get them 4x the size of the ones on Serebii but that's cuz I capture them myself
heheheheh

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
I really enjoyed this episode. Only a few downsides though. The battle part wasnt exactly interesting especially with Pikachu using the same moves over and over and Donphan using the same move over and over. Also although the other facilities havent had a noticeable feature that makes them stand out from the other ones at least there was one. The Factory you could choose what pokemon you wanted to face and the battle dome was stadium style with an audience and it was a double battle something that dont happen in kanto. The last thing I didnt like was that Max pulled Brock's ear when he was almost going to stay with Lucy. I hope that the writers do something more with LucyxBrock stuff.
I liked that Seviper style flower that lucy had. I was also happy that the writers at least tried to do everything that people wanted. Although they should've just had a 2 parter instead of cramming everything in. I also name lucyXBrock shipping as Lucky shipping.

Last edited:
B

Blaziken master

Kojiro said:
I propose Squint Shipping. XD

So, was Eevee or Lucy added to the Opening?

And, btw, did anyone else think the Green haired assistant, was, well a little off looking?

EDIT: Just noticed Dunsparce has squint eyes, yet didn't appear. Thought it funny since alot of people wanna see one appear.

Eevee appears in the part at the start, but not when May runs past her rivals.Lucy hasn't appeared in the intro yet, but she will come soon.

The episode itself was pretty good, Lucy was drawn well{Soo hot!}, Nice to see a kickass seviper in action,donphan kicked butt and some pretty good music{I heard a lyricless LOVELY from destiny deoxys in there}

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I know this is way too much to ask of the writers, but giving Lucy a second episode now has some huge potential. After the Battle Dome, this match had one hell of a lot to live up to, which is why it may have disappointed. The only thing that really bugged me was Milotic, who we've seen enough of. You know what would have been really interesting? A fight against an uber Shuckle dependant on its extreme defense (When was thelast time we saw Shuckle, anyways? Much less one battle?). Meh, at least we finally got a real Seviper battle.

PDL

disenchanted
I guess the whole Lucy getting a crush on Brock was kinda cute...

I was more impressed with Donphan's flaming rollout though...

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
That Brock/Lucy shipping has another supporter. It was the greatest part of this episode.
I cracked up as "Yume miru Lovely Boy" started playing when Lucy blushed over Brock for the second time.

Well, anyway. The whole Team Rocket scene was interesting attempt, but in my opinion it was obvious that the people producing this ep were in a hurry. Jessie in Lucy disguise looked funny, but that's it. This whole "We have to confiscate this Pikachu to recharge it" excuse was so damn lame, especially since the cage they put it in looked exactly like all the other TR traps Pikachu had been caught in in the past.

It makes me sad to see how inconsistent they make Ash's character (in "Do I hear a Ralts?", he dexes Meowth-in-disguise to blow his cover, yet in almost even more obvious cases like this one, he's a blockhead and doesn't notice anything?). Stop it, writers. You make Sushi cry.

*sigh* Ahem, but anyway. Lucy is cool. She did look pretty actually, only several shots where she directly faced the camera showed that the animators had some trouble with her eyes.
...Though I really wish Izumi Shimura's artworks would come back to standards à la "Holy Matrimony!" way back in Kanto. She had a great art-style back then :/ Meh. I guess those people have a lot of pressure with this 'new-episode-every-week' thing. [/random]
Lucy had a really good voice too may I add. And I loved that little Seviper-'windmill' she had. Her strategy of using only offensive attacks without any defense was pretty impressive, too.

And Ibara, her blond assistant, was really funny. It was hilarious when she slapped her forehead and threw a fit about Ash's dimwitted-ness. She had a cool voice, too.

Almost forgot to comment on the battles <.< Well, Donphan vs. Seviper was good, it had much better music than Milotic vs. Pikachu in my opinion (Symphonic Medley was an odd choice for battle music...Though I shouldn't complain, since for one thing, Battle Frontier wasn't played and SM isn't used that often). Nothing's better than the Regi music =D

Lucy deserved another episode, but so did Greta and Tucker. Lucy/Brock and the squinty-eyed thing was the only well thought-out and original thing about this episode, but the battles weren't that bad either. And I wasn't expecting this ep to top the Battle Dome anyway.

Alfonso

Derpgull
You know, I hate Brock x Lucy simply on the principal that it's one of those pairings that has hints in one episode, but will never amount to anything. Lucy probably won't appear again, let's face it. But it'll probably be fawned over here like it's the greatest thing ever to hit Pokemon, and another pairing for certain shippers to use to use to keep a character away from a few certain characters. (Tracey dumped with Daisy, May dumped with Shuu, Brock dumped with Lucy, etc. etc.) That may sound a little mean, but after not being paid for the 4th week in a row, I really couldn't care about being rational.

Speaking of which, can we all decide on a name for it, instead of all these random names that seem to be popping up? And no, 'oddrockshipping' is not a choice. Something decent please.

I was going to suggest Phallicshipping, but whatever. (Lucy = Loves phallic Pokemon, Brock = had an Onix, and other 'rock hard' Pokemon.)

Okay, since I'm in a ratty mood, I'll moan a little.

I'm getting pretty sick of Pikachu's Volt Tackle, for one. At first it was cool, but everytime I read a summery of an episode, I read the words '...and Pikachu blasted them off/defeated _____ with a Volt Tackle'. Sure, it's better than the same old Iron Tail/Thunderbolt, but it's in like... EVERY EPISODE. Should be a finisher, in my opinion. Or something with actual negative results: Pikachu actually being hurt after using it.

Jessie as Lucy = predictable. James as Lucy would have been better imo.

Bleh.

*snugges in corner waiting for the Harley episode* :<

Last edited:

SuperSonic

How about Luckshipping?

Anyway I thought the Donphan battle isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Donphan was pretty cool and we should just be happy he was used in the battle rather than complaining about how much time he got or the order he was used. This is the first frontier battle to have Pikachu and everyones complaining because it was against Milotic? Before the preview came out everyone was going to flip a lid if Lucy didn't have Seviper, her signature pokemon, and another of her game pokemon. Yet she had both! And we just complain about something else. IMO, not having the game pokemon is much worse than a battle that didn't live up to everyone's superior standards. It's so easy to say the writers are stupid, on drugs, and insane. But maybe we're all the ones that are crazy and cant appreciate the episodes.

Rant complete.

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
Now...with Lucy and her blushing...it makes me think that Brock may not a be a flirt guy anymore...a CHARACTER CHANGE for LOVE...

is that possible? lol

hmmm...well besides that...so many girls..in the ep, and they were all drawn well..lol...(lol...i mean good looking)...but Lucy looks perfect...she comes close to Flannery...only negative thing in her is...that her face ain't that attractive...lol

anyway..the battle was good..., Seviper vs Seviper i expected more out of it...lol

and i guess i'd give this ep 8.7/10 :D

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
SuperSonic said:
Anyway I thought the Donphan battle isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Donphan was pretty cool and we should just be happy he was used in the battle rather than complaining about how much time he got or the order he was used. This is the first frontier battle to have Pikachu and everyones complaining because it was against Milotic? Before the preview came out everyone was going to flip a lid if Lucy didn't have Seviper, her signature pokemon, and another of her game pokemon. Yet she had both! And we just complain about something else. IMO, not having the game pokemon is much worse than a battle that didn't live up to everyone's superior standards. It's so easy to say the writers are stupid, on drugs, and insane. But maybe we're all the ones that are crazy and cant appreciate the episodes.

Rant complete.
The thing is though, for pretty much the entire first half of the episode, almost anything remotely linking to Lucy had something to do with Seviper. The outfit, the pinwheel, the 'tube' itself. Don't you think its rather awkward to then have a Milotic take center stage instead of the signature pokémon that has just been shoved in our faces for at least ten minutes? Especially since, as I already stated, we've seen a Pikachu vs. Milotic match-up before. There was pretty much zero originallity in the fight, bar the single use of Facade and Ash's creative Volt Tackle strategy.
Thats why the episode SHOULD have focused on Donphan and Seviper. Because its something we haven't seen before. And thats why people are complaining. I don't see how finding something unoriginal and boring substituting for something that had some real potential isn't a justified reason to be dissapointed.

People appreciate the episodes when they're actually any good. Which is why everyone enjoyed the Tucker and Greta facillities. When they suck, people complain. And this one sucked, because the fact of the matter is, it was rushed.

Last edited:

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Definelty have to agree with Gravy this episode was rushed, It should've been a two parter. The battle should've started with pikachu vs. Milotic first, which should've ended in a draw and then an all out battle with seviper and donphan with donphan taking the glory. And as we were discussing in the speculation thread of this episode, pikachu still has quick attack so V Faction was right. But no Earthquake from Donphan, i was really disappoint to see takedown, and rollout consecutively, and one hyper beam attack. Seviper only used poison tail and Flamethower, the battle was just to rushed.

Pikachu vs. Milotic was handled fine it was nice the way ash used volt tackle with twister.

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~

The epitome of grace
just saw the pictures.
man. >_<. if they gave the personality from the manga/game ash and co. would be running for their lives, not seeing some obvious fake Lucy blushing and stuff. that battle was: okay. at least the anime has room for more strategy. i liked the volt-tackle twister with pikachu. didn't he do thunderbolt twister during Juan's battle? i wish the anime pokemon had potential like their game counterparts. oh well. WHY did max pull brock away? maybe he's afraid that lucy will kick them out for flirting... ah, well, we can't have frontier brains falling in love. i think that lucy was just flattered, that's all. remember that episode where some girl fell in love with Brock?

anyway, sorry for my flaming, but that's just how i feel.

Luckshipping sounds good.

SuperSonic

Gravy, I can appreciate the problem you had with the non originality of Pikachu vs. Milotic. But just because we've seen it before doesn't mean it shouldn't happen again. Milotic is a pokemon that Lucy has in the games. It is a completely viable pokemon for her to choose. It is water type with an extremely high special defense. As far as I see, Pikachu and its new volt tackle was Ash's best bet against it. This is a frontier brain he should be doing the best he can, and to him that was Pikachu. Seviper was her lead pokemon and Donphan just did great against it. Also, we can agree that Ash's strategy with volt tackle and Milotics use of facade were entertaining strategies.

One more thing, IIRC people had big problems with the Tucker episodes. As for the Greta ep, people were a little more mild about it.

Geodude

As far as a ship name is concerned, ships are usually named after the most obvious or prominent thing having to do with the two characters. So since they met in Lucy's Battle Tube/Pike, I suggest naming it both TubeShipping and PikeShipping. The names could be used interchangably.

STJ

meh..^_^'
Alfonso said:
You know, I hate Brock x Lucy simply on the principal that it's one of those pairings that has hints in one episode, but will never amount to anything. Lucy probably won't appear again, let's face it. But it'll probably be fawned over here like it's the greatest thing ever to hit Pokemon, and another pairing for certain shippers to use to use to keep a character away from a few certain characters. (Tracey dumped with Daisy, May dumped with Shuu, Brock dumped with Lucy, etc. etc.) That may sound a little mean, but after not being paid for the 4th week in a row, I really couldn't care about being rational.

I'm glad that someone feels the same was as I do :D (ok, I don't hate the ship, but I don't support it either)

Don't me wrong, I can see that Lucy blushed (at least with the pictures anyway, I have yet to see the episode) , But, I just don't see it going any further than that..

Alfonso

Derpgull
Geodude said:
As far as a ship name is concerned, ships are usually named after the most obvious or prominent thing having to do with the two characters. So since they met in Lucy's Battle Tube/Pike, I suggest naming it both TubeShipping and PikeShipping. The names could be used interchangably.

I suggested that that perhaps should be saved for Ash x Lucy, since it's something the two share in common, (They battle in the pike. Brock is there too, but he's just... watching.) and to be honest, is rather vague. Something to do with Brock and Lucy's actual common interests or Lucy's 'crush' on Brock would be ideal: See the thread in the Shippers Forum for thoughts of this matter.

Giving it two names... normally, I wouldn't really be bothered, but the shipping name situation is rather strained at the moment: There's a huge outcry for original names as more and more names are being taken up. Best to stick to one imo.