• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Question about buying used PKM Ruby.

Sheik

I'm going to buy this for a friend and since only way to get it is used i'm hoping a few people can answer these questions.

1:If the used game has been cheated on with gameshark, action replay or something like that will it affect the game i'm going to erase the file incase it has been cheated on.

2:I'll play the file before deleting to see if the person left anything is there anyway to tell if the poke'mon are cheated or hacked in any way?

I know if it's a legendary and is caught in the wrong area, or a poke'mon caught in a place it's not in the area etc.

Thanks for the help and I hope this is the right area to ask this.

The Mighty Wurmple

1) It won't affect the game if you do a factory reset by pressing Down, Select and R or something. I dunno on the buttons.

2) If it's a Pokemon caught at a place where it normally isn't. If it was caught at an unusually low level. If there is loads of shiny Pokemon. If there are Pokemon like Deoxys/Jirachi.*

*Is possible to have without the use of a cheating device, pretty unlikely though.