• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Question about my SoulSilver cartridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catoastd

Question about my SoulSilver cartridge

I looked up images of SoulSilver cartridges and they all look the same but mine has Lugia on it and is a different color. I’m confused and I couldn’t find images of SoulSilver cartridges that looked like mine. To my knowledge, I don’t think it’s a fake cartridge because I bought this a long time ago (8-9 years ago). Anyone know why?

I'm guessing that's a fake. GameFAQ's suggest the code for SoulSilver should read NTR-IPGE-USA not NTR-R13P-USA

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Definitely a fake. None of the SoulSilver DS Cards have Lugia on the label and the background behind the title text is a matte silver, the text is smaller and closer to the top of the label, and the text on yours is crooked.

Catoastd

Huh, something interesting to note is that when I put “NTR-R13P-USA” into google (the quotation marks make google narrow down the search specifically to that string of letters/numbers) and I went to images, I found a few other images that look just like mine, including listings that come with the box, manual, and pokewalker. If it’s fake that sucks, but I’m wondering if a fake cartridge would come with a pokewalker (in 1 or 2 listings). Were there fake pokewalkers made as well?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Huh, something interesting to note is that when I put “NTR-R13P-USA” into google (the quotation marks make google narrow down the search specifically to that string of letters/numbers) and I went to images, I found a few other images that look just like mine, including listings that come with the box, manual, and pokewalker. If it’s fake that sucks, but I’m wondering if a fake cartridge would come with a pokewalker (in 1 or 2 listings). Were there fake pokewalkers made as well?
Not sure but another thing I’ve noticed that points out that this is most likely fake is that the Nintendo oval is all black when it should be white. HGSS all have white Nintendo ovals. The best way to tell if you have a fake is if you can transfer Pokémon from your SoulSilver game to any of the Gen V games.

Status
Not open for further replies.