• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Question About Releasing Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJDojo

Clefable in Disguise
Hmmm...interesting, though I'm not about to release my Pokemon anytime soon. I know this sounds silly, but I care too much about them...

Sim

Hmmm...interesting, though I'm not about to release my Pokemon anytime soon. I know this sounds silly, but I care too much about them...
:D! I think thats quite nice, actually ^^ I know what you mean, I'm always a little reluctant to release a Pokémon, especially given how individual they've been made from the Advanced generation onwards. In fact, I don't even release any in the advanced generation, I just put them onto Pokémon Box in case anyone ever ends up wanting them in the future.
Also they make good Pal Park fodder >_>;; Heh, thats a little less noble of me isn't it?

IIRC, if you make them digitally happy, like feeding them their favorite berries/battling with them a lot, they come back.

Just a question, why the hell would you release your Pokemon just to prove their happiness? Yeah you're a dolt.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Like i hear if you release a pokemon and mark them and catch one with same markings, its the same Pokemon. But why would you release Pokemon?

Sim

IIRC, if you make them digitally happy, like feeding them their favorite berries/battling with them a lot, they come back.

Just a question, why the hell would you release your Pokemon just to prove their happiness? Yeah you're a dolt.
If you bothered to read the rest of the thread, you'll find that all of what you just said is incorrect.

Like i hear if you release a pokemon and mark them and catch one with same markings, its the same Pokemon. But why would you release Pokemon?
That's also incorrect. Released Pokémon are gone FOREVER. And some people might release Pokémon necause they don't want/need it? Or need more box room maybe?

wayc

Latias Fanatic!!!
I think this question might be directed at me. D= Yeah, it was dumb of me. But I didn't save.

And maybe it wasn't so dumb. I found out that you can't release your Pokemon with rock smash at the center/mart before you enter the PKMN League, which nobody knew before.

Last edited:

DJDojo

Clefable in Disguise
Well, don't worry about losing your pokemon...you can always find someone to trade with ^_^
Me, I'm a huge fan of my "mini-team": Clefable, Alakazam, Vaporeon, and Marowak (three girls, one boy) - in a way they're like "family" to me, so as I said before I couldn't *think* of releasing them.
One thing I did do to keep myself from releasing them was give them nicknames: Gabriel, Isis, Capricorn, and Laurel, respectively. That way they're not just a member of their species, they're also a friend.

well the same thing happened to me with a buizel and bibarel my guess is its the one with the most HMs

cuz bibarel had 4 HM and buizel had one but they were in different games, and i wasnt trying to release bibarel i was trying to put it in ranch

mew801

omg wow i didnt know that would happen!!! but i spose cause i would never dream of releasing the pokemon i use all the time cause i thought they would be gone forever!! wow i gotta try that sometime!!!

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I don't believe that pokemon really ome to you after you've released them, however strong the bond you shared had been.

Bobtron

ERR:SYNTAX
I just tried this on my Emerald, and it seems surf is the reason it comes back. I sort-of had disbelief, but now I believe it to be true.

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
Well, don't worry about losing your pokemon...you can always find someone to trade with ^_^
Me, I'm a huge fan of my "mini-team": Clefable, Alakazam, Vaporeon, and Marowak (three girls, one boy) - in a way they're like "family" to me, so as I said before I couldn't *think* of releasing them.
One thing I did do to keep myself from releasing them was give them nicknames: Gabriel, Isis, Capricorn, and Laurel, respectively. That way they're not just a member of their species, they're also a friend.

You are my Saint of the day!!

Wow, I hope you didn't save.

One time my sister realeased my Megainum and I kicked her *** to Russia and back. She did that out of hate. So I had to get a cloned one from my friend (He cloned my Megainium) I love Meganiums'

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Happend to me with my weaker wailmer I realesed it it came back until I did somthing else then it stayed realeased Mayvbe it liked me so it didn't want to leave me

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
if there is a pokemon that you want to release that has a HM move then that's your reason why he came back while being released, that pokemon is the only one who has that HM move so if you want the solution then give another random pokemon in your box that same HM move and then you can release him.

cocoa_adele

whoah revelation!
i didn't realise they could come back!
that's never happened to me

leon25270

<- Zap Cannon Espeon
So, assuming that the Pokemon being released has an HM move...

And assuming that the Pokemon being released is the only one in your posession that can learn that HM move...

And assuming that you'll end up getting stuck in a certain place if you somehow lose that HM Pokemon...

Then we can say that the Pokemon will come back.

So, how do you know if your Pokemon comes back? Does a message pop up saying that it came back? If so, then where? While your on the world map? While your looking at the Pokemon Storage System interface? Does it happen immediately or do you have to wait for a certain amount of time to pass??

Status
Not open for further replies.