• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Question About Releasing Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
I've released over 30,000 hatched Eevees in my hunts for a shiny, no prob. I've only had one Pokemon (a Floatzel) refuse to leave because of the HM 'problem', and once that was explained to me, I decided to keep it.

Bobtron

ERR:SYNTAX
So, assuming that the Pokemon being released has an HM move...

And assuming that the Pokemon being released is the only one in your posession that can learn that HM move...

And assuming that you'll end up getting stuck in a certain place if you somehow lose that HM Pokemon...

Then we can say that the Pokemon will come back.

So, how do you know if your Pokemon comes back? Does a message pop up saying that it came back? If so, then where? While your on the world map? While your looking at the Pokemon Storage System interface? Does it happen immediately or do you have to wait for a certain amount of time to pass??

It happens right after you release it, while you're still in your box. It'll go (if the correct conditions are met) "<INSERT PKMN NAME> came back! Maybe it was worried about you?" or something to that effect.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
though i've had a situation were i just started my emerald and tried realeasing my poocheyana and it would not let me (i was in oldale and had a zigzagoon that was ko'd and a 1hp mudkip who was poisened) guessing it wouldn't let me get a guarenteed death without depositing my mudkip.

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
What makes me kinda sad is that the Pokemon that DONT like me, always come back, yet the Pokemon that I've had for like...EVER, ACTUALLY LEAVE ME *saved beforehand and tried*

And then I had this wierd little event with my Rayquaza a few years ago.
The person in Pacifidlog Town said that the Rayquaza hated me. Yet, when I tried to release it, IT CAME BACK.

What a messed up Rayquaza...

And why is it that Water Pokemon seem to always come back? I just tried with my Swampert and shiny Mightyena, and only the Swampert came back. It's always the Water Pokemon for me. O__o

EnteiFirecracker

Destiny Calls
What makes me kinda sad is that the Pokemon that DONT like me, always come back, yet the Pokemon that I've had for like...EVER, ACTUALLY LEAVE ME *saved beforehand and tried*

The person in Pacifidlog Town said that the Rayquaza hated me. Yet, when I tried to release it, IT CAME BACK.

And why is it that Water Pokemon seem to always come back? I just tried with my Swampert and shiny Mightyena, and only the Swampert came back. It's always the Water Pokemon for me. O__o

Exactly the same thing happens to me. Pokemon that seems to hate me (one which did a lot of damage using Frustration may I add) always come back.

Jerros

HC Trainer
Uhm... I started a new game, cought a zigzagoon, tried to release it and it comes back.
It doesnt know any hm's, and it's freshly caught.
So... Why does it come back!?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Uhm... I started a new game, cought a zigzagoon, tried to release it and it comes back.
It doesnt know any hm's, and it's freshly caught.
So... Why does it come back!?

Well where is your starter? Cause if Zigzagoon was the only pokemon in your party, it is impossible to release it cause then you would be unable to do anything, because of having no POKéMON in your party.

Because it has HM's.

If you actually read the original question, as stated above, you would realise that s/he said it didn't know any HM's

Releasing POKéMON has nothing to do with how much they like you, it is all based on whether or not the POKéMON you are trying to release is the only POKéMON in all your boxes, that knows certain HM's.
As for your Rayquaza, it probably was the only POKéMON that knew Fly, as the same can be said for your Swampert, who was the only POKéMON with Surf/Rock Smash/Strength

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
thanks so much for bumping a pointless thread and then spamming it. really brightens everyone's day ^_____^

Status
Not open for further replies.