• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Question about rules regarding old threads

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I noticed the rule thread itself was a bit hazy on this, so I want to know what the rules are, just to be safe: Is it against the rules to post in a thread that's just been posted in if there was previously a 2-month pause in posting? For example, if the last post in a thread was yesterday, but the post before that was 80 days ago, if I made a post in that thread, would I be in trouble too, or just the poster above, who made a post after a long period of inactivity?

Why threads don't automatically die after 2 months, I'm not sure, it would be a bit more convenient for users if that were the case rather than policing users with rules that had grey areas like this, but in any case, it would be good if this were cleared up.

Thanks.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I believe so as I think that happened to me once. I got a warning for bumping a thread that I thought was recent. I recall it was up-front at the top of a section and it turned out to be a very old thread. I can't recall which one was it but I nevertheless got a warning for it.