1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Shuppet...

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by Ellyn, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellyn

Ellyn Member

So I caught a Shuppet and named him D'Jaiah. Then I was like sweet a ghost pokemon to take to Mt. Pyre and own other Shuppets with!

I was under the impression that ghost was super effective against ghost types. I looked at all the charts online and it shows super effective ghost attacks onto ghost pokemon.

HOWEVER...

I took my shuppet to said mountain and when the first shuppet came out to attack... my nightshade did *100 (normal) amount of damage. Why is it not super effective? Nightshade is ghost type... shuppet is ghost type...

Is ghost really not super effective against ghost in Emerald? O_O

2. Fried Rhys

Fried Rhys Banned

Night Shade does a set amount of damage equal to the level of the Pokémon using it. Ghost is SE against Ghost.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  3. Ellyn

Ellyn Member

Oh, I see. Didn't realize that meant no STAB or anything. =( Sad day. Thanks!

4. bobandbill

bobandbill Winning Smile Staff Member Super Mod

That's your answer then...so going to close! Try the Help thread in rse's FAQ subsection next time you have a question, that'd be a better place for questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.