• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Question about Smeargle Anims

PetitBambi

Hello ! First time posting here !

I've been replaying ultra sun and I noticed Ilima's Smeargle, when using water gun does the absolute cutest animation in the world where he'll stick his tongue out before firing !! and it made me absolutely fall in love with this poke and want a smeargle that does the same !
Now I got one and putting water gun on him is no problem, but I really wanna know if people know if any other (or better) moves that make them do the same animation ? All the other ones I've tried so far only make him do a standard swipe where I only see him from the back n don't see his face ! :<
Most texts n vids I can find on their movesets n anims are just people showing off ridiculous things they can do with legendary moves, but I just want that simple lil anim where he happily bleps and I get to see his darlin lil face !!

Thank you ! ♥

BCVM22

You don't normally see your Pokémon's face in battle. For the most part, it's going to be facing away from you when using standard attacks.

You can visit your Pokémon's status screen and tap it to cycle through its battle animations.

PetitBambi

You don't normally see your Pokémon's face in battle. For the most part, it's going to be facing away from you when using standard attacks.

You can visit your Pokémon's status screen and tap it to cycle through its battle animations.

Well yeah, I'm aware ! The thing is when it performs this specific animation, which I know will happen with using Water Gun and can execute easily that way - it does show its face ! It shows his profile and him sticking his tongue out ! I just want to know if anyones aware of moves other than water gun that use this specific animation, since otherwise I'd have to go teaching him every single move he can learn and trying it out in battle to find out if it performs the same anim or if it's the swipe where he's only visible from the back and swings his tail around !

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I think......that is the animation for special moves? While the tail swiping is for physical moves.

The only way you can see the face is if the move involves the camera being in front of it while the animation is performed.

PetitBambi

I think......that is the animation for special moves? While the tail swiping is for physical moves.

The only way you can see the face is if the move involves the camera being in front of it while the animation is performed.

Hmm that does make sense ! He does have other special moves (shadow claw, psychic) and performs the same swipe tho.. I'm starting to wonder if it's literally just exclusive to the 1 move and not performed for anything else..
also this is what I mean by seeing his face when he does water gun !

yMs4iqi.png

with anything else I just see him from the back like this

xjTyI3I.png

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Psychic's animation doesn't change the camera, isn't it?
(And Shadow Claw is physical anyway)

I unfortunately don't remember all the moves' animation, so all I can say is try to look for moves that changes the camera into facing the front of the Pokemon when the move is performed.