• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Question about the new Pokemon Movie in Japan

Schiz

It starts July 14th, and supposedly there will be an event where you can get the Darkrai pokemon. I live in Japan, have a Japanese DS Lite, and an American Pokemon Pearl. Think I could go and get the Darkrai? Should I try?

How have the movie/event pokemon only things worked before?

nintendofreakgcn

Seeker of the truth
Well, since DSes (DSi? DSen?) and DS games aren't region-coded in any way (to the best of my knowledge) you should be able to get any Pokemon they're giving out without any worries, since I don't think there'd be an appreciable difference in any relevant programming.

I could easily be wrong, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to try and get the Pokemon.

Gigaguy373

i'm not sure if the name would be in english or katakana though katakana is the most plaussible

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
It would be in katakana. That is, if it even works. Of course, since you can have Japanese Pokemon traded to an English game via GTS, I don't see why it wouldn't work on an event.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I'm pretty sure you can't. When I got Deoxys from PRA I tryed my Japanese Lg and it couldn't pick up the signal. The same happened when I got the ticket for Ho-oh/Lugia. Unless they changed it in D/P then you won't be able to get it in a non-Japanese game. I would recomend getting a Japanese D/P and just trading it from that to your NA D/P.

Leebui

Questionable...
Well....

If you attend these events on your own, you can get a Wonder Card. Wonder Cards allow you to "share the love," or more so, the event Pokemon by distributing the event yourself to friends, relatives, etc. These Wonder Cards can usually only be used so many times before the thing doesn't let you share anymore.

Anyways, let's get to the point: The Darkrai event was confirmed to use local Wireless, so I assume that means Wonder Cards. I've tried a JPN PBR Wonder Card from my JPN Pearl to US Diamond. My Diamond WAS ABLE to pick up the signal, and receive a JPN PBR Pikachu.

So....

Give it a shot, maybe you can succeed. If all else fails though, you could Wonder Card with the other attendees, or with whomever you tagged along with.

Also, the region of the DS is irrelevant, all of them are technically the same (except the iQue DS [Chinese DS]).

Doom.exe

Breeder&Berry Farmer
Would they do something like that with the US Release?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I've tried a JPN PBR Wonder Card from my JPN Pearl to US Diamond. My Diamond WAS ABLE to pick up the signal, and receive a JPN PBR Pikachu.

Interesting. I'll have to try that with my Japanese PBR some time. Did the Pikachu end up with a English or Japanese name when you picked it up in the pokemart?

EDIT: I just tryed it and my NA Diamond couldn't pick up the signal from my Japanese PBR. Can you give any detales on what you did? Maybe something I didn't do?

Last edited:

Raine_Skylock

FINAL FANTASY XII
I suggest use a Japanese DP since Japanese pokemon might not work with Wireless trades to a US DP. A WiFi Trade will enable this but I would go with a Japanese game for the Darkrai. im now here in Hokkaido and am waiting for the Darkrai. good luck and enjoy the movie.

Schiz

Haha, maybe I'll just ask somebody to trade it to me form their Japanese version while I'm there if it doesn't work. Btw, if I am able to download it, and trade it away, would I be able to load it up again onto my game a few more times until it said "you can't do this anymore" ?

Anybody ever tried that?

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
I see no reason why you cant.

Yaho0

Whys you in my room?
It should work, because you can get japenese pokes over the GTS, as stated earlier, plus such events are made so that they can instal the said pokemon in nany game pack.
Now I'm saying in *should* work, not that it *will* work

Leebui

Questionable...
Interesting. I'll have to try that with my Japanese PBR some time. Did the Pikachu end up with a English or Japanese name when you picked it up in the pokemart?

EDIT: I just tryed it and my NA Diamond couldn't pick up the signal from my Japanese PBR. Can you give any detales on what you did? Maybe something I didn't do?

No no no, you have to download Pikachu with a JPN D/P, you SHOULD get a Wonder Card in your JPN D/P's Mystery Gift. Use the Wonder Card and wait for "friends/contacts," get another DS with your US D/P and go to Mystery, choose "Receive from Friend" or "Receive from Wireless."

Now your USA OT and ID should pop up in the JPN side. Click yes and the event will be transferred to your USA D/P. Now walk over to the PokeMart and grab the JPN Pikachu. =)

Haha, maybe I'll just ask somebody to trade it to me form their Japanese version while I'm there if it doesn't work. Btw, if I am able to download it, and trade it away, would I be able to load it up again onto my game a few more times until it said "you can't do this anymore" ?

Anybody ever tried that?

You can't do that "mass-production" scheme of yours. ._.

Anyways, if it DOESN'T work out, ask a guy to grab the Wonder Card from the event machine and distribute the Darkrai to you. You'll get what you want, and you might make a new friend (or not).

Schiz

Haha, I have no friends to go to these things in Japan . . . guess I'm out of luck.

Shido

Beginning Trainer
^^; Can anyone confirm if a US DP will work for the event, or if you have to use a JP?
I'm going to go see the film, but my JP Diamond is a first edition so I've already used the glitch to catch Darkrai... I'd rather not have it fixed, either XD;

zeno48

Zaker!
It starts July 14th, and supposedly there will be an event where you can get the Darkrai pokemon. I live in Japan, have a Japanese DS Lite, and an American Pokemon Pearl. Think I could go and get the Darkrai? Should I try?

How have the movie/event pokemon only things worked before?

Lucky!!! go for it bro its your game.