• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Question About Trading Old Pokémon to B/W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyers108

Il Gran Negoziante
Question About Trading Old Pokémon to B/W

Of course I know that no old Pokémon can be caught in Unova before beating the Elite Four, but can I trade a Dratini Egg from my Japanese version of Black to my English version of White when they come out? Will the game be able to tell that it's not a Gen V Pokémon?

Flyers108

Il Gran Negoziante
Oh really? That's awesome. I assumed that they blocked the actual Pokémon itself so I thought the Egg would work better. Thanks for the answer.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
A bit late to the party, but there is a Help Thread at the top of the board.

UStrainer40137

<---MINE!!!!
You should be able to. Problems like that only happened in Generation III.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I asked this question before way back when BW came out. And as you can see in my signiture, it'll be great to have old pokemon to explore Unova with. :)

KYUREM

Your HB, My Fist
Awesome.
So this means i can have a charizard and an Arcues on white.
Sweeet!

xxDUNE

Didn't want to make a new thread to ask this so..

I know for transferring Pokemon from older games using the transfer stuff in the game you need 2 DS systems. Is there any other way to do this?
I don't have 2 DS's (why would I?) and no close friends have one that I could borrow. I want to transfer the WIN2011 Celebi over to get Zorua, plus all my old ones but it doesn't look like I can which is really disappointing.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

xxDUNE

K thanks, will do.

Protomanx8

I have a question this might be a stupid one but I was wondering how soon you will be able to trade Pokemon into B/W I am really hoping to lvl a charmander and squirtle as well as one of the new starters for the game.

If any one has any idea that would be great i have been searching the forums but no luck.

Blackbomber72

Eccentric
I have a question this might be a stupid one but I was wondering how soon you will be able to trade Pokemon into B/W I am really hoping to lvl a charmander and squirtle as well as one of the new starters for the game.

If any one has any idea that would be great i have been searching the forums but no luck.

Look what Serebii said:

Yeah that should be feasible. The game does allow for trading of non-Unova Pokémon to and from other Black & White games prior to receiving the National Dex

I like Serebii appearances, it has some kind of magic attached to it

myriada

You can trade between copies of BW immediately after obtaining the first badge and the C-Gear I believe, if you mean to trade Charmander and Squirtle over from DPPtHGSS, you need to have played past the end credits after beating the Elite Four.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
That should work fine. It worked in D/P/Pt/HG/SS, so why not now?

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Yeah that should be feasible. The game does allow for trading of non-Unova Pokémon to and from other Black & White games prior to receiving the National Dex

That's good to hear! Espcially when the 3rd version comes out.

Yoshi12

The Eevee Master
I don't like how you can't transfer the Pokemon holding items or knowing HMs. That kind of sucks for my flying Raichu. I also don't like how I can't transfer Ash's Pikachu with the light ball. I have an idea of how to get one though. If there's a trainer that has a Pikachu, I could try using thief on it. If I'm lucky, it might have a light ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.