• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Question regarding Nintendo ID, Pokemon Bank and Regionlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnglaisRose

So, My current issue is:
I'm from Europe and am planning to move to Canada next year.
I currently own a European 3DS, together with EU ORAS and XY.
I'll be buying a NEW 3DS and Pokemon Moon when I'm going to Canada for Christmas this year, just so I have a console that can play NA games.

So, now, I've run into the issue that my Nintendo ID can only be bound to one 3DS at a time, which leads me to the Question:

What would be the most logical way to transfer my Pokemon from ORAS and XY over to SuMo, without having to transfer my Nintendo ID constantly?

Also, are Pokemon Save Files tied to the Cardtridge, or the Nintendo ID?

(Since I would still like to continue playing ORAS and XY on my EU System.)

Any help and suggestions on how to deal with this would be very much appreciated.

(My current plan is:
  • get Pokemon Bank on my EU 3DS and transfer all Pokemon from ORAS and XY to Pokemon Bank
  • then transfer my Nintendo ID to the NA 3DS
  • make a new Nintendo ID so I can keep using my EU 3DS
    ---
  • Then, if there is more pokemon I want to transfer I'll either trade directly
  • - OR transfer ID from NA 3DS to EU 3DS
  • - transfer Pokemon to Bank
  • - then transfer ID back to NA 3DS.

But that seems very tedious, so I'm wondering if there's a more efficient way. )

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
So, My current issue is:
I'm from Europe and am planning to move to Canada next year.
I currently own a European 3DS, together with EU ORAS and XY.
I'll be buying a NEW 3DS and Pokemon Moon when I'm going to Canada for Christmas this year, just so I have a console that can play NA games.

So, now, I've run into the issue that my Nintendo ID can only be bound to one 3DS at a time, which leads me to the Question:

What would be the most logical way to transfer my Pokemon from ORAS and XY over to SuMo, without having to transfer my Nintendo ID constantly?

Also, are Pokemon Save Files tied to the Cardtridge, or the Nintendo ID?

(Since I would still like to continue playing ORAS and XY on my EU System.)

Any help and suggestions on how to deal with this would be very much appreciated.

(My current plan is:
  • get Pokemon Bank on my EU 3DS and transfer all Pokemon from ORAS and XY to Pokemon Bank
  • then transfer my Nintendo ID to the NA 3DS
  • make a new Nintendo ID so I can keep using my EU 3DS
    ---
  • Then, if there is more pokemon I want to transfer I'll either trade directly
  • - OR transfer ID from NA 3DS to EU 3DS
  • - transfer Pokemon to Bank
  • - then transfer ID back to NA 3DS.

But that seems very tedious, so I'm wondering if there's a more efficient way. )
Some bad news. You are stuck with your EU 3DS with a EU NNID, and a US 3DS with no means to get a EU NNID on it. And Bank account is saved with the NNID, not the console.

Here's how I would do it if I don't have an active Bank account today.

1. With your US 3DS, get a US copy of any Gen 6 Game.
  2. Catch as Many Pokémon in the US Gen 6 games as Possible. I recommend getting to Day Care, as Breeding will help.
  3. Trade from your Eu Games to the US Gen 6 game.
  4. Buy a US Eshop card and get a Bank Subscription for your US 3DS.
  5. Transfer as many Pokémon as you want to the Bank, then to US Sun/Moon game.

If you have a Active account that will expire sometime after Feburary, you can buy a European Sun/Moon game before you go and use that and trade to a US system/game later.

Yeah, Region locking is a pain.

AnglaisRose

Some bad news. You are stuck with your EU 3DS with a EU NNID, and a US 3DS with no means to get a EU NNID on it. And Bank account is saved with the NNID, not the console.

Here's how I would do it if I don't have an active Bank account today.

With your US 3DS, get a US copy of any Gen 6 Game.
Catch as Many Pokémon in the US Gen 6 games as Possible. I recommend getting to Day Care, as Breeding will help.
Trade from your Eu Games to the US Gen 6 game.
Buy a US Eshop card and get a Bank Subscription for your US 3DS.
Transfer as many Pokémon as you want to the Bank, then to US Sun/Moon game.

If you have a Active account that will expire sometime after Feburary, you can buy a European Sun/Moon game before you go and use that and trade to a US system/game later.

Yeah, Region locking is a pain.

Sighs. Damn, that sucks majorly. Luckily I don't have an active Pokemon Bank yet, so I will most likely use your method, since it'll still take some time until Pokemon Bank updates to accommondate SuMo.
You'd think they'd take into account that people nowadays DON'T spend all their life in one region :/

Also huge thanks for telling me that the Nintendo ID is ALSO region-locked (That was something I honestly didn't know about) and thus saved me the pain of discovering on my own after attempting to transfer (And you saved me the money on EU Pokemon Bank).

Status
Not open for further replies.