• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Question Regarding Signatures

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
How do I add a picture to my sig? I’ve seen people with anime gifs and other pictures in their sigs but i dunno how to do that. I just wanna add some pictures from the camera roll on my iPad.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
fccba8d3a1b296839a41ac4658ce7d7c59c6b83e.jpg

Just open up the Your account tab and then click on the Signature option. It should lead you to your signature page.

dd7832f24f9828e8969c9de6da8a9b7c8e0aa74c.jpg

You should be able to post your signature there. Just make sure to have your image hosted by Imgur or another image host so you'll be able to put up your image.

Teravolt

fccba8d3a1b296839a41ac4658ce7d7c59c6b83e.jpg

Just open up the Your account tab and then click on the Signature option. It should lead you to your signature page.

dd7832f24f9828e8969c9de6da8a9b7c8e0aa74c.jpg

You should be able to post your signature there. Just make sure to have your image hosted by Imgur or another image host so you'll be able to put up your image.
I tried Imgur and pasting the link in, and the picture showed up, but it had a white box and the Imgur logo around it. How’d you do it?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I tried Imgur and pasting the link in, and the picture showed up, but it had a white box and the Imgur logo around it. How’d you do it?
Strange.

I made an account through them via my Twitter account. I just upload images to their site/my account.

Teravolt

Teravolt

Strange.

I made an account through them via my Twitter account. I just upload images to their site/my account.
FIXED

now how do i make the image smaller?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Teravolt

Strange.

Wait, more accurate question: what pixel height-width ratio would make the most sense? I want it to be slightly larger than my pf.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Wait, more accurate question: what pixel height-width ratio would make the most sense? I want it to be slightly larger than my pf.
If you mean size, nothing larger than 500 × 250 and not larger than 500 kb.

OwensJB

I don't mean to hijack this topic but is there a reason why there's a 500k limit for signatures? I ask because there was a gif that I wanted to put as my signature that's 1.46mb even though it's only 180 x 160 pixels in size.

An image with dimensions that small wouldn't normally be a problem on other forums but apparently it can't be posted here which sort of sucks because I don't think it would cause a loading problem or a lag or anything like that.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I don't mean to hijack this topic but is there a reason why there's a 500k limit for signatures? I ask because there was a gif that I wanted to put as my signature that's 1.46mb even though it's only 180 x 160 pixels in size.

An image with dimensions that small wouldn't normally be a problem on other forums but apparently it can't be posted here which sort of sucks because I don't think it would cause a loading problem or a lag or anything like that.

Thats becasue the rules are outdated. They are made for 2008 when the forum has tons of active users and tons of lag. Now almost everyone has high speed internet so there really isnt reason to limit gif size to 500kb, thats not really big enough to add anything of quality

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Just because you happen to have fast internet nowadays doesn't mean everybody does. Plenty of places where the internet is still abysmally slow, like Eastern Germany. I definitely wouldn't want to keep on lagging everywhere because there are 5 different people each having a big flashy 15MB GIF to load on every other page, especially considering GIFs in signatures are rarely even relevant to discussions and are oftentimes not even Pokémon-related. 150 kb/s internet isn't that strange in certain regions of the world.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Just because you happen to have fast internet nowadays doesn't mean everybody does. Plenty of places where the internet is still abysmally slow, like Eastern Germany. I definitely wouldn't want to keep on lagging everywhere because there are 5 different people each having a big flashy 15MB GIF to load on every other page, especially considering GIFs in signatures are rarely even relevant to discussions and are oftentimes not even Pokémon-related. 150 kb/s internet isn't that strange in certain regions of the world.
But you can turn signatures off now.