• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Question, which do y'all think I should use for my next in game playthrough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
K so decided to play through X version again. And figured I've honestly never used Squirtle, so I planned to use it.

Also I usually have a random nicknaming convention, and since I've been watching some Super Sentai lately decided each Pokemon I end up using I would name after a dominant color, meaning I also had random rules for whatever Pokemon I end up using.

So for instance I got a Darumaka egg, that one ended up named Red. And the plan was for Squirtle to be Blue.

But then I got to right before the gym and ended up catching a Riolu on a whim in a premier ball (my favorite Pokeball) and it ended up a good nature.

So basically here I am with two contenders for my "Blue" team slot. I've never really used a Squirtle. But also even though it is one of my favorites I never used M.Lucario, and this would be the ideal time to try.

Soo all that said, I look to y'all to hell me decide. Squirtle or Riolu? M.Blastoise or M.Lucario?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Oh that's a toughie. Both are really good. Lucario could be good against Rock, Ground and Ice, and Blastoise can be good against Grass, Rock and Ground. But there are other water types that are as good as that. But defensively, I'd think that Blastoise is good, speed wise, Lucario is a bit better. Also depends on what you let them learn and what you teach them.

Blastoise can learn Gyro Ball which can help against Ice Types and it can learn Brick Break which can cover in terms of that too along with Rock and Ground.

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/009.shtml

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/448.shtml

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.