• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Questionable small design choices?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Nothing major like Let's Go's "combat" system. Minor stuff that you thought were quite questionable, along the lines that it makes almost no sense. I will start off with something that I've always found too odd.

150px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Wattson.png

Look at this guy. Luring young trainers to their electrifying doom while he laughs! He really knows how to lives! So the one thing I found too odd was Wattson's signature Pokemon in ORAS. Generally when people think of Wattson's signature Pokemon, they think of the only electric evolution line of Gen 3, Manectric. He appeared in Emerald, Black & White 2, Pokemon Adventures RS and Pokemon Anime's Advance Series.

Spr_3r_310.png

Gen 3 - Emerald
20160629123426%21Spr_5b_310.png

Gen 5 - BW2

MpsZdot.png

Pokemon Adventures - Ruby & Sapphire

ORV53YE.png

Pokemon Advanced Series - Ruby & Sapphire

So how did we get from Gen 3's Manectric all the way back to Gen 1's Magneton of Ruby & Sapphire!? I know ORAS is supposed to be more faithful to Ruby & Sapphire but this design change that goes from Manectric back to Magneton seems pointless, that the people behind ORAS completely forgot about Wattson's Manectric. There is no other reason I can think of behind this choice other than a copy-n-paste without a second thought.

250px-082Magneton.png

Wattson's Signature Pokemon in ORAS

Last edited:

Creyk

I always found it weird how Castform's lower half strongly resembles a pair of testicles.

Orphalesion

Is the fact that they changed Girafarig and Noctowl from awesome beta designs to absolutely terrible too big?

Plus...all of the Johto gym leaders that only have Gen 1 Pokemon on their teams, despite several Gen 2 alternatives being available.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Is the fact that they changed Girafarig and Noctowl from awesome beta designs to absolutely terrible too big?

Plus...all of the Johto gym leaders that only have Gen 1 Pokemon on their teams, despite several Gen 2 alternatives being available.
I did thought that was odd too to an extant. Especially considering that the signature Pokemon of the Johto Gym Leaders are sometimes Gen 1 Pokemon. Falkner being Pidgeot, Bugsy being Scyther, Morty being Gengar and Chuck being Poliwrath. I think this is a byproduct of the fact that Johto was supposed to be the final region of Pokemon and that some of these Johto Pokemon were in development before Red & Blue were even released.

200px-Falkner_Bugsy_Adventures.png

Personally I like the Pokemon Adventures depiction of the Johto Gym Leader's Pokemon teams. They still have there Pidgeot's, Scyther's, Gengar's and Poliwrath's but we also see Johto's Gym Leaders have Gen 2 Pokemon. Falkner has a Skarmory and Noctowl, Bugsy has a Heracross, Morty has a Misdreavus and Chuck has a Hitmontop who has a habit of spinning on top of the horns of other Pokemon without falling off.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
The Gym Leaders not using more than three Pokemon, the Elite Four having four Pokemon each in Black 2/White 2 (not counting Challenge Mode) and X/Y. Both pairs of games had large enough regional Dexes to give them larger teams without using the same species.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I will never understand why they give important NPCs aces that aren’t from their generation. No excuse as to why Falkner doesn’t have a Hoothoot/Noctowl, Yanma, Murkrow, Togetic, Ledyba/Ledian, or Hoppip/Skiploom. Bugsy could have Ledian, Ariados, or Heracross. Morty should have Misdreavus. Chuck should have Hitmontop. I could go on lol

Things that limit what Pokèmon you can use like:
GF taking so long to put Ice Types in the early game and it was only Smoochum.

How did we go from every evolution stone being accessible before the 4th gym to having to wait until post game?

Does it hurt to give pseudo legends early game access?

Why are the new 6th/7th gen Pokèmon so rare to find in their homeland?

Limiting certain Mega Stones in gen 6 to post game

Why does Alolawak learn Shadow Bone at a level before it evolves?

Look at a lot of early Pokèmon movesets like Electrode & Sandslash