• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Questions about pokemon terms...

Digitalkaiser65

Dark Master
I dont know where to look for these, and I know here I can get reasonable help without being called a n00b..because, well this IS the n00b forum. lol.

I need help understanding the terms STAB, OU, UU, TANK, SWEEPER...and all ther other teams accociated with advanced gameplay.

I feel like I need to get better at my game, because when DP comes out and I am forced to fight outside of my game I will look like another 8 year old with legendaries and no skills. -_-;

Also whats Uber enviroment and standard enviroment.

All these things are confussing and EVTraining and IVs are still very confussing to me. I have read the help thread on them and the main site as well, and I almost feel like I am to stupid to really understand what any of these things mean and be able to harness them in my games. :/

Please direct me into the right direction.

Sorry if this is a dumb post but I dont know where else to go.

weavile/perap eater

also 8 year olds use all sweeper teams anyways evs is something you get when you defeat a pokemon and it raises your stats sweepers are pokemon that have only damaging attacks are easer to use but not that effective ou=overused uu=under used stab is when your attack is the same as your type tanks are pokemon with a lot of hp uber enviorment is where ubers are common i got a 13 year old friend who uses all ledgendaries and crappy sweepers