1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about the anime you don't know the answer to

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by Sham, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Sham

Sham So proud of you

-How did Alain collect those Gym badges in that short amount of time
    -How is Jessie able to use "Let's Snuggle Forever" with a regular Z-ring
    -How is it that during Cilan's meetings with Brock and Clemont/Bonnie, Ash wasn't mentioned once
    -Why does water automatically make Ground types weak to Electric type attacks
    -How was Braxien able to match Pikachu's attack's in Ash's and Serena's battle
    -If May beat Zoey and Dawn defeated May, why wasn't Dawn ever able to beat Zoey?
    -Why was Axew never able to experience evolution?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    PorcelainVulpix and wolf jani like this.
  2. Ignition

Ignition My son finally did it

How was the referee for Ash vs Ritchie able to count being put to sleep as being unable to battle?

Why does Ash give such a unnecessarily lengthy introduction to himself no matter who he meets?

How does Ash forgive Team Rocket for constantly putting him and his loved ones in danger?

How did Ash and Brock walk from Hoenn to Kanto?

Does Giovanni not watch the news to know that TRio didn’t take out other evil teams?

3. maartjeverhoef

maartjeverhoef All Hail Champion Ash

- Who is Ash's father?
    - Why does Ritchie look more like a Delia's son than Ash himself?
    - Who won the Indigo League?
    - Why is Ash not sarcastic anymore?

4. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

1) Easy transport and OPzard
    2) She had a Z-Power ring, it has the extra slots
    3) The topic just never came up, would you randomly talk about your bestie (especially using his name) to a random stranger?
    4) I don't think you worded this correctly
    5) Psssssh, IDK
    6) Contests =/= Solrock Paper Scizor
    7) Because screw you

5. Sham

Sham So proud of you

No I wondered it correctly see Ash vs Brock and Ash vs Hapu.

wolf jani likes this.
  6. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

You said "Why does water automatically make Ground types weak to Water type attacks?"

wolf jani and Sham like this.
  7. Sham

Sham So proud of you

Oh yes, I see. It’s meant to be Electric. Thank you for that correction.

wolf jani likes this.
  8. J.Agera

J.Agera Do you wanna have a bad time?

I can answer that for you.
    Character development.

9. maartjeverhoef

maartjeverhoef All Hail Champion Ash

Yeah but why did they make him devolve into generic "nice guy"?
    There's a plenty of protagonists with sarcastic side in other media and their development didn't take away that side of their personality.
    I guess they just didn't bother to make Ash more complex, hence the "nice guy" trope.

10. J.Agera

Nah, he is the generic nice guy only in SM, he had his personality till XY. Hell even BW Ash had his personality.
    Over his adventures he grew more mature(minus BW and SM), if you couldn't tell. The writers likely wanted to show his immaturity with his sarcastic responses.
    I know some other characters are sarcastic, but that's just how the writers wanted them to be.
    And SM director is a completey different director from previous series so I guess that maybe one reason. I doubt Directors bother to watch the past shows.

janejane6178, MockingJ and kantoskies like this.
  11. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Even though i appreciate that he became more polite and i wouldn't exactly say that he lost his personality or became a less complex character because of that, i did get some laughs from Ash's witty humour back in OS and i find his sassy comments way more funny than any slapstick comedy they've added in the series.

That being said, for better or worse, he changed. And at this point, it would feel out of place for him to return to his old self after so many decades of not being sarcastic. However, i wouldn't mind them adding a new character that was like that.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  12. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

Does the Pokemon Company have plans for the anime to continue without Ash? I know practically all of us have very little hopes of Ash winning the league but honestly it would be pretty weird thinking about how in the next 20 years, the anime series could still be about 10-year old Ash Ketchum who strives to become the Pokemon Champion.

Emelie, PorcelainVulpix and wolf jani like this.
  13. J.Agera

I see no point in changing protagonists when he/she is going to do the same thing as him.

Togekiis and kantoskies like this.
  14. satopi

satopi SM Ash is best Ash! All hail Champion Ash!

What is a Pokémon Master, why is Ash always tortured by not being able to capture Dunsparce, and why, why isn’t Ash keeping his promise to visit Pidgeot?! Is it a dropped thing like the GS Ball?

15. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Why don't they just come out and say the obvious truth?
    Giovanni is Ash's father

16. shoz999

So there is one thing on my mind that I kind of want the Pokemon Company to answer considering the anime's status as a children's show and that is Alder. So in the anime, Alder is somewhat different from both his game and Adventures counterpart. Instead of being a mentor-like figure to young adventurers he meets on his journey after his Pokemon passed away, this Alder loves to hit on every woman he sees and would rather spend time doing so rather than giving advice to young adventurers. Considering this is a kids show, it almost gives you the impression that Alder is a single, unmarried man exhibiting some old man stereotypes and I feel because of this creative liberty the anime did, the Pokemon anime crew probably had no clue that BW2 was going to happen soon at the time. I say that because the impression of Alder appearing as this single, unmarried individual may conflict with the game's lore of BW2 in where it's revealed that Alder has a grandson, implying that Alder was married at one time.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Considering that the anime rushed BW2's adaptation and that the character, Benga, seem to take the anime crew a bit by surprise, having never appeared on the show, I do have to wonder. Is anime Alder also married? If so, why is he hitting on other women lol? Did Alder got divorced? If so, that's the first time that subject has ever been mentioned in the anime. Or perhaps Alder's wife passed away? With that being in mind, what does his grandson think of Alder's Brock-like habits lol? Actually now that I think about it, has Benga inherited these habits as well lol? I want the Pokemon Company to clear this up a bit because the thought of the Pokemon Co. trying to explain this without getting too complicated is just funny in my head. I suppose they could just say the anime is a separate canon and that Benga does not exist as of now leaving behind a very vague answer which is just another safe way of saying "no comment" lol in my head.

maartjeverhoef and mehmeh1 like this.
  17. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper Of The Gates Ambitious

1. Charizard can fly, and Alain wasn't traveling with anyone at the time.
    2. It is a Z-Power Ring.
    3. They explained in show that it emulated the effects of Soak, just like the Pewter Gym battle all those years ago.
    4. Serena's obsession with Ash clearly devolved into constantly watching everything he did and trying to copy it.
    5. Dawn barely beat May (and in my eyes, she didn't anyway), but she definitely should have gotten a straight win over Zoey at some point.
    6. Lazy animators.

You're assuming a lot considering marriage isn't a prerequisite for having children.

18. shoz999

Real-life, sure. The Pokemon anime where it's a friendly children's series that rarely goes into complicated subject matter, it's pretty much expected.

19. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper Of The Gates Ambitious

Not diving into them doesn't mean it doesn't happen though. Just that it's not mentioned. I mean, SM straight up killed off three characters, one in present day and two in a flashback (Well, Trevenant's death is assumed, at least).

20. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Why did Ash forget that Normal attacks and Fighting attacks don't work on Ghost types in AG?

Togekiis and kantoskies like this.