• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Questions in being Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zmnd

Hello! I was just recently banned from the discord and I just want to know exactly why and for how long.

I looked over the rules and I am unsure of which one I broke. I dont want to make the same mistake again.

Thank you for any help!

Zmnd

I wasn't sure if I needed to include more information?

My discord is Zmnd07#6256 if that helps. Let me know what else I need to do. I am still unsure of what happened and how or what needs to be done to fix it.

SleepingGiant

Discord mod (Sudo)
The reason your were banned was for getting out of hand with generally toxic behavior.

In this case, you were saying that the Pokemon franchise's monetary success to claim that GameFreak's budget should allow for a much larger team and more ambitious games. While this stance is fine, the way you presented it was accusatory, calling the devs incompetent, calling server members ignorant, etc.

I can lift this ban, but keep in mind the difference between having/sharing opinion and presenting it in a way that brings down other people.

Zmnd

Alright sounds good.

So if/when a situation comes up where I'm on the back end of insults, what should I do then?

SleepingGiant

Discord mod (Sudo)
If it comes to that (and I'm guessing it will given how people generally react to Pokemon news and the anniversary around the corner) pinging a mod is usually the way to go.

And, while I know Discord's block feature is useless for actual blocking, I tend to use it as a way to remind myself that a particular person isn't worth the time/effort responding to.

Zmnd

Thank you for the heads up. I was looking into that on serebii but the link to the info of what to do didnt open up. I've a better idea of what I should do. Appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.