• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabs The Omnipotent Hamster

And yet, it moves!
this should probobly go in Tech Help but oh well.

we're on a broadband plan with limited downloads (12 gig) and my (paranoid) parents have a few questions.

1. does wifi use extra downloads?

2.does trading Friend Passes use extra downloads and can you get viruses off them?

blixa

yes, you can get the dangerous Pokevirus and that's why your parents should never allow you to buy a wii.

seriously: No, you can't. And even if you could, the virus would be only on your wii, so nithing to care about for your parents.

To the first question: I guess so, but I'm not sure.

Dizrythmia

Rainbow Trainer
Question 1: Of course it does. It's all data transfer & when data is transferred to you it goes against your download count. It's not a great deal & you probably won't notice it if you don't get close to your limit normally.

Question 2: Since the Wii does all the connecting & your PC/Mac isn't involved in this in any way, the answer is of course no.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Don't bump old threads.

*Closes*

Status
Not open for further replies.