• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Doopliss

I have been looking for the answers for these questions, but I haven't found them, so I decided to post them here. Apologies if this isn't the right forum.

Is there a way to know if a pokémon, or an item was obtained using Game Shark before trading it? If there's a legendary pokémon I want to get in its shiny form, will it help if I keep reseting the game until it appears, or is that determined at the beginnin of the game (if the legendary pokémon is shiny or not)? Can I know if it's shiny by looking at the sprite, or must I battle it? And last of all, I've seen that the pokédex at srebii.net includes information about the status a pokémon can reach, but what does the hidering nature, neutral nature and benefical nature mean? What does determine them?

KirbyXD

Good Night!
If you use a Game shark the place where you caught the pokemon is what it's going to say and an item won't say anything. I think ( not sure) that how the legendary pokemon works. You tell by battling it. I can't answer the last two questions.

Praetor

Psephophthalmus artu
Doopliss said:
Is there a way to know if a pokémon, or an item was obtained using Game Shark before trading it?
Discussion of cheat devices arn't allowed sry
Doopliss said:
If there's a legendary pokémon I want to get in its shiny form, will it help if I keep reseting the game until it appears, or is that determined at the beginnin of the game (if the legendary pokémon is shiny or not)?
depends on the legendary, if its like lati@s im pretty sure its set when u start, but if its like rayquaza its not set so u can soft reset right in front of it
Doopliss said:
Can I know if it's shiny by looking at the sprite, or must I battle it?
u hav to battle it
Doopliss said:
And last of all, I've seen that the pokédex at srebii.net includes information about the status a pokémon can reach, but what does the hidering nature, neutral nature and benefical nature mean? What does determine them?
hindering natures are natures that dont let ur pokemon reach the maximum it could have in a particular stat if it had a beneficial nature instead, nuetral natures neither hinder nor help, you chould chek the main site for more info on what natures do what.

D

Doopliss

Thank you, I have now underatood what those natures where referring to.

Magma Leader Maxie

Non caedor caedo
Doopliss said:
Is there a way to know if a pokémon, or an item was obtained using Game Shark before trading it?

Praetor said:
Discussion of cheat devices arn't allowed sry

Not meaning to interfere with what's not my business, don't you think that we could lower the acceptance level for cheat device talk as in this question? The question is about recognizing "artificial" Pokémon, not how to get them or what code to use. So I think it's safe to say that a Pokémon obtained in these non-official ways usually can be identified by the Route of capture and level being wrong. (Say, Kyogre caught at lv 3 on Route 101 -- we all know that in R/S it should be lv 45, Cave of Origin or in Emerald lv 70, Marine Cave) Pay close attention to this before trading with someone who's methods you doubt!

J

jjones1

I think there should be a cheat discussion thread (for all those trainers out there who use cheating devices to beat thier game).

Status
Not open for further replies.