• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Questshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caelesti

dancing queen
Hey! I couldn't find Questshipping on the three pages that I can view in this section, so I decided to make one. O: This thread is dedicated to the belief that our favorite Idol Trainer Marina and Pokémon Trainer Jimmy should be together. Anyone is welcome to join in the discussion at any time as long as they read the rules.

[img139]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb113/xHannaHxBananAx18/Picture4-14.png[/img139]​

Rules;

i. Follow all Serebii rules, obviously.
ii. Don't flame/bash.
iii. Try as hard as you can to stay with the discussion.
iv. Fanart is perfectly fine, as long as you credit. If you made it, please say so.
v. Have fun! Obviously.. o.o

Fanfictions;

None? Well, yet.

Owner of the thread is me, Caelesti. The co-owner is Phanta.

Now, to get this joint jumpin', let's get a topic...

Why do you support/love/worship Questshipping?

Well, my love for Questshipping started a few nights ago, as I was watching Raikou The Legend of Thunder! on Youtube. I saw the obvious hints that were dropped between Jimmy, Marina, and Vincent about Questshipping. Especially when Vincent was all like, "C'mon, I know you're MAJORLY CRUSHING ON HER". Another one of the things that turned me onto Questshipping is when Marina was like "So, Jimmy, do you notice anything different about me? -poses seductively-" I just laughed and knew it was meant to be. o.o;

Last edited:

Phanta

OMG HAI =D
Hello! =D Ohhh my goodness, Questshipping. Where to begin?

I feel like this is one of the most obvious ships. I mean, yeah, there were a few episodes of Jimmy and Marina in Johto, I think, but their love is most famous in the Pokémon Chronicles episodes "Legend of Thunder." Now, there were only 3 episodes, and in those 3 episodes, I feel that their love was quite noticeable. However, in most Pokémon shippings, you kinda have to scan the animé episodes to death to find some love hints. But with Questshipping, there's obvious blushing, caring about each other, and a slight awkwardness between them. I especially love the part when Marina is falling, and she lands on Vincent's back, but she kinda gives credit to Jimmy for saving her, and they kinda stare at each other XD. I think it's super cute, and there should DEFINITELY be more episodes with them ;D

Caelesti

dancing queen
Yeah, I agree. Questshipping is one of the more obvious "oh hay we have a thing" kinda shippings. I really like those shippings because I can't really analyze episodes and stuff. Speaking of obvious blushing, I loved the part where Jimmy gets Marina's Pokégear number. at the very end. He's like, "zomg score! -blush-"

I think it's super cute, and there should DEFINITELY be more episodes with them ;D

Omg, I'd love that. There should be like some spin-off series, like Pokémon Chronicles, dedicated to only Jimmy, Marina, and I guess Vincent. Since there are Pokémon contests in Johto now, Marina could be a traveling Coordinator, and Jimmy could travel with her and compete in the Johto League Silver Conference.. again. o.o; Or, maybe, it could their actually journey, like, before Ash competes, since that was when they actually did compete in the Silver Conference. -fails; waits for more people to wander in-

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
zomg another ship to add to my ever-growing list!!!! I've supported this for awhile now, I just didn't even know anyone else did. It's canon, right? Well...pretty much. I could be wrong. I don't know. It's been awhile since I watched Chronicles. But I remember it was hinted, or else I wouldnt be supporting it. I need to add this to the list on my FF.net. I will when im done ranting into the quick-reply box! :'D
anyway, theese two are very very very very cute together! Not to mention a great personality match. I think this works waaaay too well. that's why I luff it!!!! :"DDDDDD

Questshipping. a good name, too!

wow I am in waaaaay too much love with this ship.

I'll write you a fic someday, m'kaaaaay?

~riolulu

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
Man, I remember posting in the old Questshipping thread a lot back when I was new.

Why do you support/love/worship Questshipping?

Well when I saw the Legend of Thunder for the first time on Chronicles I knew it was blatantly canon and usually I'm not too into those sorts of 'ships. But then as I thought more about it it just seemed to grow on me. I like Kenta, I like Marina - et voila. They make a good couple, too (though somewhat stereotypically anime). Plus, they had like every scenario nailed down in that special - Kenta's heroics, Marina's damsel-in-distress situation, Junichi's bumbling buffoonery that brought them both together - it was awesome.

The ultimate part that sold it to me, however, was in the Japanese version after the credits and the Pokegear numbers are exchanged. That fist-pump from Kenta really made me realise he wanted her back and it wasn't just a one-sided thing, as I first speculated it would be.

Krys

SPPF's spammer
Aw, this pairing is really cute! I still need to watch this special but this is one of the ships that is definetly canon.

Caelesti

dancing queen
Um, I don't think Questshipping is canon, as they never actually told each other their feelings. I think that the main reason why it was so obvious is that the writers only had those three episodes to work with, or the one special. They probably had to load on the hints to make it obvious that there was romance going on between Jimmy and Marina. But, hey, I'm glad they did.

What I really don't get about the special is why Jimmy never told Marina that he missed her. I mean, was he just... embarrassed? He is a lot like Ash, so he just might not want to admit he missed her? Or maybe he was just messing with her...

Phanta

OMG HAI =D
Omg, I'd love that. There should be like some spin-off series, like Pokémon Chronicles, dedicated to only Jimmy, Marina, and I guess Vincent.

You're making me want to write a fanfic now x.x

What I really don't get about the special is why Jimmy never told Marina that he missed her. I mean, was he just... embarrassed? He is a lot like Ash, so he just might not want to admit he missed her? Or maybe he was just messing with her...

I could see how this could confuse you. This took place in the scene where Jimmy was trying to pull this "I don't care" attitude, where everything Marina said, Jimmy would be like "not really, whatever, stop talking to me, I don't care." I believe he had this attitude toward her because he had just gotten off the phone with Vincent, and Vincent was all "Marina is my girlfriend! I know you're soooo crushing on her so like back off." And then Jimmy blushed and was like "OMG NO WAY." So, I think, in the following scene with Jimmy and Marina, Jimmy was trying to convince himself that he wasn't in love with Marina.

Last edited:

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
Okay, guys, we need a topic and I need a fic to read. WORK ON THAT!!! lol, I am in a demanding mood! :3

topiccc

What's your favorite Quest hint?

a good topic for a thread that's just starting up, don't cha think?

~riolulu

Caelesti

dancing queen

Hm... Well, I think the scene when Marina and Jimmy stare at each other for like a minute. I swear if Vincent wasn't there they would probably kiss or something. x_x Anyway, I thought that that scene really opened my eyes to the shipping. The hints prior I thought were just one-sided remarks made by Marina, but after that long stare I knew that he really did care about her safety. But, I have another. My other favorite hint was Marina posed for Jimmy and was all "Notice anything different about me?", like I said in my first post.

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer

At the end of the special, after the credits have rolled, when Kenta pumps his fist at the exchange of their Pokegear numbers. It was such a perfect reaction.

"Score!"

Mr.Pong

Cousin Of Gold
So, I watched the chronicles today on youtube, and the first thing that came into my
mind: WHAT?! Shipping hints in Pokemon Anime?! I couldn't stop watching it. The fact that there was actually a shipoing hint in the anime AND the fact that gold is my favorite chracter in the manga, the chronicles were just amazing. Plus, they do look cute together...

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
So, I watched the chronicles today on youtube, and the first thing that came into my
mind: WHAT?! Shipping hints in Pokemon Anime?! I couldn't stop watching it. The fact that there was actually a shipoing hint in the anime AND the fact that gold is my favorite chracter in the manga, the chronicles were just amazing. Plus, they do look cute together...

Ooh, they're on youtube?? I need to see. Arn't there only like, 5 eps of Chronicles with the two in them?

Yes, i know, the shipping hints are immense. Yesh, they DO look amazing together!!!! =DDD

~riolulu

Mr.Pong

Cousin Of Gold
No. It covers EVERY SINGLE PART.... LEAVES NOTHING OUT!! 0_0

Status
Not open for further replies.