• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Quick question for new fans of the anime: Did you watch any of the older one’s?

BlueDragonfangirl

For fans of BW to now did you guys watch the previous shows or not?

Just curious, as a fan since the Kanto series myself find it interesting and am curious about your opinions on Ash and team Rocket or favorite character of that series.

Yes. I have watched every series except for XYZ and I haven’t watched the rest of XY in 6 years.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Nope. Watched the important parts of OS-AG which included Gym Battles and Contests (and even then). Each series has too many episode but got a feel and gist of each series.

Did eventually finish most parts of DP though. Remember not liking Ash or Iris not that much (kinda just an indifference) and wanting Dawn in Unova (started late DP). Thought serious TR was interesting as a transition from DP. Cilan was kinda boring. Didn’t really know Ash’s history so the transition between DP and BW wasn’t that jarring. That’s about it

DayQuil95

I started watching the anime back when I was like... 5? 6? I for sure know that when I was 7 I was already watching it, and I recall watching most, if not all of OS back in the day, alongside important moments from AG and DP, and kinda getting to watching a lot of BW too. But I only started to watch the anime with more frequency recently, with the recaps I have been doing from the series to be sure that I don't mess up anything when speaking here, and because they're genuinely way more entertaining than what I remember, with subbed episodes adding a lot more charm to the series with their OSTs.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ig i technically don't count since I grew up watching DP, but even then I remember that after watching DP I immediately watched OS as well, or atleast a lot of its episodes which were re-runned. I then watched BW in its whole, dropped it midway and finished it later, by the time XY rolled around had watched AG as well
And since XY been following the show weekly

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
My case is kinda different because even if I met the anime during DP the channel I watched it started airing from OS, so i managed to have a better grasp since the beginning
At the same time they had to skip like 3 seasons of Johto/Hoenn due to issues with the previous channel so it ended up reaching DP quicker. It didn't finish all 4 seasons unfortunately and only managed to watch subbed episodes more consistently from late XYZ onwards

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I started watching weekly at the start of XY, but I've been watching the anime since OS. And honestly, while the newer series have their flaws, I still prefer them over the older ones.