• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Quirks in Pokemon

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
I always am obsessed with raising Pokemon. I've raised 3 different level 100 teams in my HG alone! (2 have a shiny each)

Arceusgamer14

At DPPt
I have to level up Pokemon to level 50 and above for them to enter battle tower plus BF and PBR

HGSS
Have to trade transfer Pokemon for stuff like get TMs like Shadow Claw and Flash cannon.
and right now, I always have to be at Daisy's at 3:00 PM before 4:00 PM.

Most Games
I always pick as a female for I am a male for some reason, possibly I like female PKMN characters.
I always have to use my imagination to make my own story of games.

At DPPt
I have to level up Pokemon to level 50 and above for them to enter battle tower plus BF and PBR

HGSS
Have to trade transfer Pokemon for stuff like get TMs like Shadow Claw and Flash cannon.
and right now, I always have to be at Daisy's at 3:00 PM before 4:00 PM.

But those things are logical and sensible parts of the game...

Carina

Plasbad!!
Another thing - I try to talk to every person in the game just to hear what they say. For example, if I came across a Junior&Senior, Young Couple or Sis and Bro, I would save my game just before I talk to them and battle. Then I'd reset the game to talk to the other person and battle again.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
- I capture all of my pokemon in regular Pokeballs (except for legends)
- I like most of my pokemon to be male unless they look female to me
- I talk to every NPC on my first playthrough of a game
- I always press DOWN and hold RIGHT + B when throwing a Pokeball to capture a pokemon
- I nickname all of my pokemon
- I never overlap types in my team
- I always keep the pokemon in my team on the same level
- I always name my character after myself

mudkip master

Surf's up Mudkip
I don't use the Old Gateau either, i also make sure all of my pokemon are male as well.

TomNook

Still In Kanto
In SS i still hold down B to run even though i don't have to. Just out of habit.

-trying to catch shinies in luxury balls
-never skipping any random trainers (especially in a gym)
-naming all of my pkmn
-I always reset for a female starter but end up not using her

xsedr

The Moral Aethiest
1. All my pokemon have a rotation (I don't care if theres a bad type matchup, they must all be the same level).
2. No repeat types in a pokemon's move set and no repeat team member types.
3. All Slow leveling pokemon must have a lucky egg, luckily I have 10 of them (Otherwise makes the rotation slow and means I wouldn't be as close to the elite 4's levels, I've never fully understood my obsession with this, I have no patcience)
4. Obtain all rare candies and save them for the moment before the Elite 4 (for the team member who didn't get to go through Victory Road because I needed an HM slave)
5. Must have a good back sprite to be a team member (If I don't like looking at it alot I'm not using it for the whole game)

xsedr

The Moral Aethiest
1. All my pokemon have a rotation (I don't care if theres a bad type matchup, they must all be the same level).
2. No repeat types in a pokemon's move set and no repeat team member types.
3. All Slow leveling pokemon must have a lucky egg, luckily I have 10 of them (Otherwise makes the rotation slow and means I wouldn't be as close to the elite 4's levels, I've never fully understood my obsession with this, I have no patcience)
4. Obtain all rare candies and save them for the moment before the Elite 4 (for the team member who didn't get to go through Victory Road because I needed an HM slave)
5. Must have a good back sprite to be a team member (If I don't like looking at it alot I'm not using it for the whole game)

TheQuagsireFactor

RememberTheCrickets!
1. I always use my starter in my team.
2. Whatever generation game I'm playing, I exclusively catch Pokemon from that generation (i.e., if I were playing Emerald, a possible team would be; Hariyama, Flygon, Sceptile, Aggron, Masquerain, and Chimecho).
3. I always listen to music when taking on the elite four, or a gym.
4. When training to take on a gym, I look up the leader's highest level Pokemon and train my team so they are all exactly one level below that Pokemon.
5. I always keep the Pokemon in my team at the same level.
6. I do not use legendaries on my team.
7. I try to, but will not go out of my way to get gender appropriate Pokemon (i.e. no female Mr. Mimes).
8. I try to, but will not go out of my way to avoid having multiple Pokemon of the same type on my team.
9.After I beat the game, I go OUT OF MY WAY to get a quagsire on that game. To get it on my red, blue, and yellow versions, I had to get the roms on my laptop, and put Quagsire in the games through a very complicated process too long to describe.

Last edited:

Quagsire1

Quagsire Fan
Don't know if anyone else does this.
Once in a while, I make sure I go home to visit my mum...just for the sake of visiting her. Or else I'll feel guilty.

Haha! I do that too, don't worry.

Cutty

Forever now
Well, basically I do the same things like some players:
~ Make sure that my team has same level.
~ Explore all areas and make sure I get all items on the ground
~ Plant my fave berrys like Lum and Leppa until I get like tons/hundreds of them
~ Always use Amulet coin to get a lot of money
~ Always train my team 5 level higher or more from gym leaders/elite 4
~ some other more I can't remember

And I don't use the Old Gateau either or rare candy.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Haha, there'd be too many quirks to name, actually. Most have already been said, like:

-Keeping all my Pokemon at the same level.
-Trying to get every item, including Dowsing Machine ones.
-Doing all daily events + as many apricorns as possible and convenient every day
-Pushing B while trying to catch Pokemon
-Trying to think which of my Pokemon would have an epic showdown with a Gym Leader/E4's Pokemon and using them.

And etc.

Not using the old gateau in dppt even though I know its the same as a full heal.

For some reason, I do this, too. XD

I sweep the elite 4 once a day, to prove how terrible johto's elite four are.

They're pretty challenging the second time round. Unless you've beaten them a bunch of times already :p

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I have all my Pokemon at an equal level, and I use a rotation, as in I level up one of them one level, then another one one level...

I also always have Pokemon a certain gender.

M4zz

Banned
The bike music. BEGONE SATIN! It sucks and I make sure I dont listen to it. Using the grass starters. I dont know why, but I just cannot play the game without them.

TheHauntedOne

evil tofu!!!
I sometimes swear at my pokemon if they hurt themselves in confusion or if an attack misses. Other than that, not so much. Well nothing that I catch myself doing anyways.

Penguinist Trainer

The only thing I consistently do when i start a game is label all my pc boxes (Lv 1-10, lv 11-20, lv 21-30 etc etc). Then I will consistently train a pokemon until it has reached the next box. Store it, then move to the next one. I'll catch pokemon as well and sort them accordingly, but if a box gets full, I have to start training them so I can free up some space.

Towards the end of the main story, I'll rename all the boxes by national pokedex number and sort the pokemon accordingly. Its a shame you can't do it atuomatically because it is a painstaking process to do it 5 at a time.

xxcandyvioletxx

Hunter Marie.
Don't know if anyone else does this.
Once in a while, I make sure I go home to visit my mum...just for the sake of visiting her. Or else I'll feel guilty.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this. *squee* ;munchlax;