• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

R/B/Y Recent happenings thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamnotiangibson

EV Trainer
I just restarted my Blue, naming my rival Catpoop.

Right now my team is:

Geodude | lv. 20
Kadabra | lv. 20
Nidorino | lv. 20
Fearow | lv. 20
Weepinbell | lv. 21
Wartortle | lv. 20

I screwed up on some of the movesets though. I accidently taught Weepinbell Sleep Powder over Vine Whip. =\

Some_Random_Person

Abort, Retry, Fail?
Today, my Yellow deleted itself. I raise my Pikachu to level 8, then the put the game away for a few hours, came back to it, and the data was gone again! The battery must have died.

PhotoFrame

I've just started a new game, I'm currently training up my team for the Pewter Gym.

Pikachu (Sparx)-LV11
Butterfree (Nicole)-LV11
NidoranM (Ryan)-LV11

Xtra

You will be missed:(
I decided to restart my yellow version and make an Ash-type team. Meaning that my team is going to consist of Pikachu, Squirte, Charizard, Bulbasaur, Pidgeotto, and Primeape. Butterfree will also make an appearance as an active team member, and I will catch more pokemon than Ash did in his Kanto adventure.

I will also do the gym battles like they're done in the anime, which means I'll only use as many as the leader him/herself.

With that being said, here's my update:

After restarting, naming myself Josh, and my rival Crono, I sat through Oak's usual boring lecture. Then I did what any pokemon fan does when he turns on his game-grabs the potion out of the computer and leave to bring the professor.

He walked me back to the lab,. and I tried to take my Eevee. But Crono, being the doughe that he is, pushed me and grabbed it. So I have my Pikachu.

After giving Crono a beating, I left town. After a mostly uneventful trip, I grabbed the package from the store, took it back to Oak, and got the pokedex. After getting back to the Center in Viridian City, saving, and checking in Stadium 2, I found out that the Pikachu I got was a female.

EmeraldLeafBlade

I'm playing Red right now, which I just started.

Name: Mel
Pokedex: Not sure, I can't check right now beacuse I'm in a battle.
Badges: 0
Current location: Viridian Forest
I just FINALLY knocked out that stupid Kakuna (HARDEN...) with my Caterpie. Grew to level 7.

My team now:
Squirtle/Toru lv. 7
Pikachu/Raiden lv. 6
Caterpie/Sakura lv. 7

I'm on my way to Pewter city.

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
I need to get a gbc cable link so I can trade my Rhyhorn to Crystal to get rid of Strength... And, I'm training team to beat up Koga I'm thinking late 30's early 40's will work lv. wise. That will take a while considering that all my guys are around lv. 30/31 =/ oh well.

Team: Yellow
Pikachu
Bulbasaur
Charmeleon
Wartortle
Primeape
Rhyhorn

EmeraldLeafBlade

Game: Red
Pokedex: 10
Team: Squirtle/Toru lv. 11
Pikachu/Raiden lv. 11
Butterfree/Sakura lv. 10

Right now I'm training my Pokemon to level 12. That way I'll have a Butterfree with Confusion and a Water-type to help against Brock.

Started Yellow Over today. Hoping to get the mew with mew trick trade to crystal : ]. Not only mew, All Starters, Pikachu,Mewtwo and the birds :). Got Pikachu beat Rival and saved right after.

TODAY:

Trained Pikachu to level 12. Caught A Pidgey and a Caterpie. Raised Pidgey to level 11. Caterpie is now Butterfree.

Pikachu (Chidori) 12
Pidgey (Soarer) 13
Butterfree (Virus) 10

Currently in Pewter City Training to Defeat Brock.

Last edited:

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Today I restarted my Blue. After seeing several members who completed their games with only Beedrill, I decided to do the same. I chose Charmander as my starter and ditched him after I caught a Weedle which took about 30 minutes to find in Viridian Forest. I trained Weedle in Viridian Forest against all of the bug types, using the Super Effective Poison Sting.

Currently I'm in Pewter City battling Brock for like the 20th time. I'm trying to defeat only Geodude. If I beat Geodude I gain experience points that I need to level up. I'm doing this until Beedrill gets to level 20 and learns Twin-needle. Then I'll try to beat Onix.

Beedrill @ Lv. 15
HP: 47
Attack: 32
Defense: 20
Speed: 33
Special: 23
440 to Lv. 16

Poison Sting
Fury Attack
String Shot

Started playing yellow Yesterday got all the starters. Got Cerulean and Vermillion Badge.
Today went through rock tunnel and went to celadon to get fly. Succes in mew glitch. Wow it was easy. Beat Game corner event and The pokemon tower. Right now Training Charmeleon.

Pikachu 26
Pidgeotto 26
Charmeleon 21
Warturtle 21
Ivysaur 20
Mew 13

Newest Edit: 7/13

Beat Erika With out even using charmeleon. Pidgeotto did good in there. Trained alot. Went in safari Zone toget surf/ goldenteeth. Attempted facing Trainers in Kogas gym. That didnt turn out so well. Back to training. Team as of Now:

Pikachu:29
Pidgeotto:29
Charmeleon:29
Wartortle:26
Ivysaur:23
Mew:22

<3

Edit: 7/14

Beat Koga,Sabrina and Blaine. Atempted catching articuno, but ball "missed" so i used master. I couldnt care a less about it. Tried Catching Zapdos but, that was a epic fail. Team:

Pikachu: 33
Charizard: 38
Blastoise:36
Mew:34
Venysaur:32
Articuno:50

</3

Last edited:

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Started continuing Blue from where I left off. After battling Brock, and losing, about 20 more times, Beedrill finally made it to level 20 and learned Twineedle. I beat Brock, and now I'm working through Mt. Moon.

;015; Beedrill @ Lv. 25

HP: 76
Attack: 52
Defense: 33
Speed: 54
Special: 37

Attacks:

Twineedle
Fury Attack
Poison Sting
Focus Energy

Jirachi_Star

Fiddlesticks!
I resently restarted on Yellow and Im in front of Zapdos. Hopefully Ill catch him soon.

EmeraldLeafBlade

*Hoping this doesn't count as topic bumping*

Badges: 3
Current Team:
Wartortle/Toru level 25 ;008;
Pikachu/Raiden level 25 ;025;
Fearow/Tadao level 25 ;022;
Butterfree/Sakura level 25 ;012;
Gloom/Kiku level 25 ;044;

I've gotten re-obsessed with Red. xD I nabbed two badges, got through Rock Tunnel, and now I'm going to battle my way to Celadon.

;097;Emerald;095;Leaf;235;Blade

Flatfoot

Why so serious?
I dusted off my old Blue version and started a new game today. The only other recent time I've played it was to try the Mew glitch (woohoo). I picked the starter I liked the most (Charmander) and breezed through the beginning. I caught any Pokemon I could on the way, then fought Brock. With a fire type, flying type, and electric type, it was slow going, but beat him without too many problems. I'm at the base of Mt. Moon now with my team:

Charmeleon- Lvl 16 ;005;
Pidgey- Lvl 15 ;016;
Pikachu- Lvl 15 ;025;

EmeraldLeafBlade

Badges: 3
Team: Raichu, Wartortle, Vileplume, Fearow, Flareon, Butterfree
Evolved Pikachu, Eevee and Gloom. Just beat Team Rocket at the Game Corner. After doing some stuff in Saffron, I'll take on Erika.

Game: Blue
Name: Blue (Original, I know xD)
Team: Squirtle, Pikachu
Started very recently, I haven't played it much. For this game I'm not going to evolve any of my Pokemon.

Game: Blue (another one)
Name: Joey
Team: Squirtle, Pikachu, Caterpie, Spearow, Nidoran F, Nidoran M
Also started recently. I almost always plan out my teams, but this time I'm just going to play through it normally. Currently training my team for Brock.

;211;Emerald;111;Leaf;385;Blade

Larry

Started over Yellow and have 5 badges in Saffron
Current Party:
Pikachu
Blastoise
Venusaur
Charizard
Dugtrio
Pideot

Blazing Charmander

Restarted my Yellow as it was once again neglected for a long time on an unfinished file (have never finished Yellow before except for a friend's). This time, I have an extra incentive, as I've decided to use an Ash-based team.

Currently, I have Pikachu and Caterpie accompanying me, and am trying to defeat Gary with no success so far. I believe a little more training is in order before I manage to beat him. After that, I'll continue onto Viridian Forest to catch my Pidgeotto and train my team up (primarily Butterfree) in anticipation for the Pewter Gym.

Current team:
Pikachu - Lv9
Caterpie - Lv5/6

Status
Not open for further replies.